Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

hwere to buy foam - New line of foam cutting bows Cox_ba12

hwere to buy foam - New line of foam cutting bows Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by balogh Yesterday at 11:55 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Yesterday at 7:41 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

hwere to buy foam - New line of foam cutting bows Empty
Live on Patrol

New line of foam cutting bows

Go down

For Sale New line of foam cutting bows

Post  kazaklisglider Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:14 am

Hello,

During the past several months I was quite busy in my workshop developing and finalizing production of a new line of foam cutting bows… these started life through a personal need to possess a quality tool able to cut wings and other parts for my own design projects and do so with my standards for practicality and high precision.

Like most of you I have built personal bows in several variations and in the course of years (more like decades as I’ve done my first at 12!) have finalized a pretty clear picture of what features are really needed in a good and practical bow.

Prototypes came very promising hence the decision to make a limited number production run in the hope that other craftsmen (especially modelers) out there will benefit from my effort… I am effectively a one man show in most of my projects (my dear wife…thanks Rania! helped a bit in doing some miscellaneous threading chores)… considering the extensive work needed and time involved in finalizing and producing them I have also tried to keep the price tag as low as possible.

Most prominent features are the use of a custom alloy titanium wire (slightly better than Rene 41) and fully adjustable over a wide range cutting wire tension (independently present at each bow leg), wires are assembled by my own development method without any crimping involved.

Also featuring totally concealed electrical contacts/lightweight but rigid rectangular aluminum frame and single (or double for 36/42/48 size) micro switches for fingertip current control… to name a few concepts that I always wanted in a bow but never got down to materialize properly!

Have decided to offer them in five versions based on imperial units/feet graduations... if some of the above features aroused your curiosity you can sneak a full look at eBay:  

12’’ size       https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cutter-Tool-Styro-Foam-Cutting-Bow-12-size-Titanium-Hot-Wire-adjustable-tension/123961391841?hash=item1cdcacbae1:g:c8AAAOSwnCtdvcaV
24’’ size       https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cutter-Tool-Styro-Foam-Cutting-Bow-24-size-Titanium-Hot-Wire-adjustable-tension/123961397834?hash=item1cdcacd24a:g:xqsAAOSwDGNdvdUk
36’’ size       https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cutter-Tool-Styro-Foam-Cutting-Bow-36-size-Titanium-Hot-Wire-adjustable-tension/123961398613?hash=item1cdcacd555:g:yRsAAOSwsxFdvdYI
42’’ size       https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cutter-Tool-Styro-Foam-Cutting-Bow-42-size-Titanium-Hot-Wire-adjustable-tension/123961399510?hash=item1cdcacd8d6:g:~IsAAOSwnSJdvdZ7  
48’’ size       https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cutter-Tool-Styro-Foam-Cutting-Bow-48-size-Titanium-Hot-Wire-adjustable-tension/123961400112?hash=item1cdcacdb30:g:tXIAAOSwF11dvdc~

I deliberately opted to not include (or exclude!) a DC power source for any version of these bows as I strongly feel that this important choice is better left to the user… there is a wide selection of variable current units on the market offered at quite modest cost so I’d rather not be involved in that area.

However each bow is accompanied by a 17 page highly detailed manual… took some of late night candle burning to complete it but I think I managed to write at least one or two interesting things about foam cutting!

In the event that some of you may be interested to get a second bow/friendly companion for your personal faithful bow you can drop me a line at kazaklisglider@yahoo.gr ...will also benefit to a 12% discount of the eBay listed price.

Regards Tasos.  

hwere to buy foam - New line of foam cutting bows 112

hwere to buy foam - New line of foam cutting bows 210

hwere to buy foam - New line of foam cutting bows 311

hwere to buy foam - New line of foam cutting bows 512

hwere to buy foam - New line of foam cutting bows 1110

hwere to buy foam - New line of foam cutting bows 713

hwere to buy foam - New line of foam cutting bows 611

hwere to buy foam - New line of foam cutting bows 1210
kazaklisglider
kazaklisglider
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

For Sale Re: New line of foam cutting bows

Post  Levent Suberk Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:00 am

Good work, high quality.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  kazaklisglider Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:18 am

Thank you Levent for your appreciative comments.

Tasos.
kazaklisglider
kazaklisglider
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:38 pm

I don't really have a use for one, as I don't cut wing cores, but
they are sunning. I wish I needed one.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  kazaklisglider Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:58 am

Hello,

Positive comments like these surely spur the urge to strive for good quality… so thank you all!

Maybe it is time for one of my bed time sentimental stories, which is very true also…

When I was just a youngster … (about four long decades ago!)… I excitedly read articles in R/C model magazines about foam cutting and drooled over photos of those marvelously pure white foam core wings the experts easily produced…

I was practically ignorant of the subject but was also armed with great passion so decided to surpass my initial fears, give it a go and built my own bow, found a suitable long piece of rectangular pine in my local woodworking shop (the friendly owner never got tired of having me around…he was like Santa Claus to me!)…quickly proceeded to drill and attach two piece of thick steel wires at the ends acting as bow legs…hey it was promising!

But the big obstacle was yet to come…that magical Nichrome wire referred at the magazine articles was as easy to find as a pin in a hay stack…but this was the main ingredient for a proper cutting string so I had to find it!

For the next couple of weeks I searched (mainly by foot) through every hardware and related shops with no results…most of the times when I mentioned the appropriate Greek word for Nichrome (spelled a mouth crunching word: Chromonicelini) the shop owners just looked at me critically as if I was searching for fool’s gold!. Must have searched through a hundred shops and my feet really swelled and heart but I was determined to find it!

When all seemed lost I just passed a street corner and there was a small shop that had electrical appliance spare parts, in my amazement he knew about this miraculous wire and quickly searched through his drawers…he produced a shiny piece of thin wire and offered it to my trembling hand…I was truly ecstatic...quickly bought it and went home with feet that didn’t even touched the ground!!!

The rest is just history…powered by my dad’s old 12V car battery my somewhat elementary bow only produced mediocre results, but the sizzling sound of that wire slicing through the foam was music to my ears…and at least I was cutting foam cores with an urge and willingness to progress as even from my teenage days my mind was always channeled towards perfection…through the following years I developed many new ideas and bow versions but always felt I had not reached the best concept… yet.

So you now can see that I just consider my A-Just bows as the long time passionate effort and outcome of this youngster’s valiant search for a foam cutting bow. We are all motivated by dreams and passions …striving to make them reality and happily sharing with others is the most enjoyable experience!

Regards to you all and thanks again!
Tasos.
kazaklisglider
kazaklisglider
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mattp51 Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:35 am

Hello Tasos,  where do you get the foam to cut with your bows?  Do you have a link?

Edit: OOPS, I see you are from Greece, I'm in the US
mattp51
mattp51
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:02 am

Matt there are a few here that can answer that question just hold on or start a new thread asking ? here are some results from search but no answer .. https://www.coxengineforum.com/search?search_keywords=hwere+to+buy+foam Turkey
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  kazaklisglider Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:17 am

Hello Matt,

I am sure that for ordinary/common types of EPS and XPS you will find no real difficulty obtaining sheets from US shops dealing with insulating materials, but there are some special types,( particularly high density/high impact rating XPS) that are really difficult to find and obtain in small quantities… in Greece or US.

Will be glad to assist you with your project if you need advice…
Regards Tasos
kazaklisglider
kazaklisglider
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down