Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.   Cox_ba12

Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.   Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by roddie Today at 12:09 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 11:51 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 10:11 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.   Empty
Live on Patrol

Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.

Go down

Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.   Empty Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping

Post  Eddy Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:37 am

Hi, your first choice looks somewhat like a work in progress, mmm I don't know. The second is equally work involved, along with a slab wing, but you are bidding on the Cox as well. Have you l looked at the Lil Jumping bean that Brodak sells. A nice 21" span, along with a 5/8" thick built up wing, perfect for the Cox engine. It is about the cost you are bidding on. Tell you what, the Baby Lightning Streak, is a much better performer yet, with a Cox engine at the same price. The Baby Lightning Streak is one stunting 1/2 A plane, and so much fun to fly, IMO.
Eddy
Eddy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.   Empty Re: Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:22 pm

Eddy wrote:Hi, your first choice looks somewhat like a work in progress, mmm I don't know. The second is equally work involved, along with a slab wing, but you are bidding on the Cox as well. Have you l looked at the Lil Jumping bean that Brodak sells. A nice 21" span, along with a 5/8" thick built up wing, perfect for the Cox engine. It is about the cost you are bidding on. Tell you what, the Baby Lightning Streak, is a much better performer yet, with a Cox engine at the same price. The Baby Lightning Streak is one stunting 1/2 A plane, and so much fun to fly, IMO.

Hi Eddy,

My history here is to pick up the occasional neglected cast aside be it engine or model airplane and bring it back to life. It's what I do and something that gives me great pleasure.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.   Empty Re: Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.

Post  Oldenginerod Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:01 pm

Eddy wrote:Hi, your first choice looks somewhat like a work in progress, mmm I don't know. The second is equally work involved, along with a slab wing, but you are bidding on the Cox as well. Have you l looked at the Lil Jumping bean that Brodak sells. A nice 21" span, along with a 5/8" thick built up wing, perfect for the Cox engine. It is about the cost you are bidding on. Tell you what, the Baby Lightning Streak, is a much better performer yet, with a Cox engine at the same price. The Baby Lightning Streak is one stunting 1/2 A plane, and so much fun to fly, IMO.

Eddy. You're missing the point. Bob doesn't pick up airplanes because they're practical or economical. Heck, most of the planes he buys should probably otherwise end up in the rubbish bin. No, Bob's a saviour of old decrepit and useless models, just 'cos he can. More work involved makes it even more of a challenge.
I Love This Forum!
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.   Empty Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra, but check out the shipping.

Post  Eddy Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:42 pm

Thanks much for the info, I guess I have no words then. I thought at my age, I might share some wisdom, but then again. I guess I'll just pour another cup of coffee and watch the snow come down. You do know that there are no two snow flakes that are identical, right. Don't surprise me now.
Eddy
Eddy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:48 pm

Whoever said you can’t polish a turd has never met Bob.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:51 pm

Thanks Rod, couldn't have said it better myself. Smile

And Eddy, not a problem. Knowledge is to be shared and I appreciated the advise. We are contemporaries but I must admit 75 is about 7 years in my review mirror. Hang in here pardoner someone has to keep these whippersnappers in line.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:57 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Whoever said you can’t polish a turd has never met Bob.

Come on Ron...………. Smile

So what are these models' that You have id for me before, my memory fades.  This time I'll mark them.  All have been rebuilt from less than perfect examples.

Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.   Pa090020

The black and red in the foreground.  
Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.   Pa090021

The tragedy is the buyer will probably salvage the sparker and accessories and trash the airplane.

Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.   Ebay_a10
Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.   Ebay_a11

The more I look at this the more it intrigues me.  Look at the connections to the engine especially the front case.  The spark advance looks like it can't rotate anything. Ah but maybe there is a seam there.

Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.   Ebay_c10
Boy would I ever like to own this C/L model Airacobra , but check out the shipping.   Ebay_s10

anyone have a clue?
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Sorry I cannot help out with your questions, but one thing I have to say is that I would love to see that prop shaft in it entirity. Even to see the engine run with it. I cannot honestly believe that it would run true, or would it have a 'wobble' on the end while running. To me, that is a mystery in itself.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:30 pm

And after a closer look at the 1/2a balsa model, I was wondering about the Cox engine. It would appear to me that the owner had soldered a tab onto the top post of the glowhead to clip onto for starting. Or does anyone think it is something else?
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:24 am

NEW222 wrote:And after a closer look at the 1/2a balsa model, I was wondering about the Cox engine. It would appear to me that the owner had soldered a tab onto the top post of the glowhead to clip onto for starting. Or does anyone think it is something else?

I agree, looks like something you would stick an alligator clip on instead of the Cox connector.  Maybe to keep fingers away from a spinning propeller.  

My first Cox engine I used alligator clips, scarred up the case really bad before I finally broke down and bought the Cox clip.  Space Bug Jr. with a red plastic tank.  I think it was my first fly-away when I got sick of going around in circles and hand launched it with no strings attached.  I can still see it slowly circling away.  New Hampshire is hilly and full of trees.  If it was Nebraska or Kansas I probably would have found it.

And yes, I would love to see that prop shaft in action, but $83 shipping...…………….I think that's the most I have ever seen for a C/L model plane.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:36 am

Bob I don't know this, but I think the rod in the nut is not threaded into the nose. loosen rod, advance or retard, screw rod in to hold position

what I also find intriguing is thin wall aluminium push rod. Very clever
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:17 am

fredvon4 wrote:Bob I don't know this, but I think the rod in the nut is not threaded into the nose. loosen rod, advance or retard, screw rod in to hold position

what I also find intriguing is thin wall aluminium push rod.   Very clever

Pretty sure that it rotates Fred.

This fellow is extremely careful. Note the wooden rod to adjust spark/speed.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=spark+ignition+model+engine&docid=607987873361428743&mid=D38F3F04092B432C40ECD38F3F04092B432C40EC&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

So much to like about this auction. Kills me that the buyer will trash the airplane.  But I'm not a buyer, I'm not a buyer, I'm not a buyer......
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down