Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

Scientific "Zipper" Build...The Zipper Gets Some Thursday Attention - Page 3 Babe_b10

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2020
sosam117's

"Traded an electric charger for this "Complete" (original) Cox Thimble Drome Olympic .15 engine. Right corner is photo as received."

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Scientific "Zipper" Build...The Zipper Gets Some Thursday Attention - Page 3 Empty

Scientific "Zipper" Build...The Zipper Gets Some Thursday Attention

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Scientific "Zipper" Build...The Zipper Gets Some Thursday Attention - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientific "Zipper" Build...The Zipper Gets Some Thursday Attention

Post  Kim on Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:03 am

AGREED on both counts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I got the plan sheet for those that might want a copy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Zippers Rule !!!!!!!!!!

Scientific "Zipper" Build...The Zipper Gets Some Thursday Attention - Page 3 Scient19
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Scientific "Zipper" Build...The Zipper Gets Some Thursday Attention - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientific "Zipper" Build...The Zipper Gets Some Thursday Attention

Post  GallopingGhostler on Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:43 am

ticomareado wrote:The general layout of this model is just begging for a reconfiguration to a Beechcraft Bonanza. With a good specimen of a Wen Mac MK II or Mk III for power.
A good number of Walt's Scientific plans and photos show an OK Cub, either the Model "A" or "B" drawn installed or in a photo in the plans or box. I think there may be one or more showing the Wen Mac plumbed for the separate tank. That was the nice thing about Walt's designs, he made sure they could accommodate just about any engine in that power class. Even an A.C. Gilbert .074 Thunderhead would work with the appropriate modifications and be period correct.

Kim wrote:AGREED on both counts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I got the plan sheet for those that might want a copy !!!!!!!!!!!! Zippers Rule !!!!!!!!!!

Scientific "Zipper" Build...The Zipper Gets Some Thursday Attention - Page 3 Scient19
Thanks Kim for providing a photo of the plan. I have found that by simply reprinting the pdf or jpeg using a tiling program to 4 times will enlarge the true 1/4 scale top view to proper size. I never built the Zipper, but always liked the looks of it when browsing hobby stores and Scientific ads in the 1960's and 1970's.

I was sad to hear of Walt's passing, but time has allowed many to pass on that I grew up with their plans, kits and magazine articles.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook on Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:51 am

While Walt did keep the average modeller in mind in terms of providing kits for engines that most had, truth be told the OK flew the planes better.Having the tank on the cg was key and building them light. Putting a Cox engine on them was too heavy and placed the engine out too far. That being said, I saw a Fox .049 in a Golden Hawk fly extremely well.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:53 am

Looking Good Kim , you did a darn good job on the LG and coweling , That gear should hold up Nicely ! Very Happy This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee on Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:10 pm

She's lookin' pretty dadgum good, Kim!!!!
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim on Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:29 pm

Tee Bee wrote:She's lookin' pretty dadgum good, Kim!!!!

Thank you Troy! Gonna have me some Scientific Stuff at this year's S.M.A.L.L. !!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim on Tue May 26, 2020 1:33 pm

Bump!

Kim,
I'm dying to see how this is turning out!
(Thanks to RSV Bob who reminded me of it this am)
944_Jim
944_Jim
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2019 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  stuntflyr on Tue May 26, 2020 4:20 pm

I thought it looked like a tiny Taurus RC Pattern ship. As a little kid the Scientific ads were ones I could stare at for a long time!
stuntflyr
stuntflyr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum