Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  Cox_ba12

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 0:55

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 23:09

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 17:39

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 17:33

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 17:20

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 15:08

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 14:52

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 13:34

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 13:14

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:01

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 19:46

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 19:32

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  Empty
Live on Patrol

More Rattling from My Facebook Page: The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter

Go down

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  Empty More Rattling from My Facebook Page: The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter

Post  Kim Tue 22 Sep 2020 - 10:13

More "Model Airplane Babble"...So, you've been forewarned.

"The Bucket 'o Planes"

A little more story-telling about the control liners we flew back in the day.

The predecessor to Uncle Wayne's "Buster" was the Carl Goldberg "Shoestring" stunt control liner. Also designed to resemble a classic pylon racer, it debuted in 1961 or so, to be followed by "Buster", and "Cosmic Wind" a year later.  The photos give an idea of their relative sizes.

Wayne first built the Shoestring, which was eventually lost due to a line break.  He then built the Buster that survives to this day.

I bought this Shoestring at a swap meet in Mattoon, Illinois in 2017.  It, another Shoestring, and a team racer (all complete with engines) were rather cruelly dumped in a plastic bucket, with a price tag that sent me scrambling for my money roll.  No, the bucket was not included.
The red Shoestring's Monokote was seriously delaminating, and will need a recovering job that hasn't yet happened.

After carefully removing the original owner's AMA number from the old Monokote, and stitching it's equally old cloth hinges, the yellow/red Shoestring is up and ready for flying with it's own designated set of flying lines and handle, so some video/photos will be forthcoming.

Still don't have a "Cosmic Wind", but the swap meets are starting crank up, so...

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  0_032

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  0_3_go11

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  0_3_ad11

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  0_415

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  1_172

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  20_27

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  22_24

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  23_19

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  24_112

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  25_14

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  200_14

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  201_12

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  202_12
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  Empty Re: More Rattling from My Facebook Page: The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue 22 Sep 2020 - 18:09

Kim wrote:More "Model Airplane Babble"...So, you've been forewarned. "The Bucket 'o Planes"
More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  0_032
One really caught my attention, the Space Jet 21 with a .049 Babe Bee in the nose. I guess 21 mean 21 inch wingspan. That is a rarity, never saw the kit except in your vintage CG ad. When I was growing up never saw it in any of the hobby shops, so I guess it must have been withdrawn early. Any plans available for such a rare bird?
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

More Rattling from My Facebook Page:  The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter  Empty Re: More Rattling from My Facebook Page: The Carl Goldberg Shoestring Profile Stunter

Post  Kim Wed 23 Sep 2020 - 6:52

Only thing I knew to do was a search on Outer Zone, with no results. Hope someone here has some info.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed 23 Sep 2020 - 10:37

Thanks, Kim. Also searched Hip Pocket Aeronautics, no luck. Only post I could find was:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1572876-Carl-Goldberg-Spaceman-plans
BBreyer on Jan 14, 2012 wrote:Wish I could help with the Spaceman. I'm looking for one myself! This kit and the Space Jet 21 are the rarest. Love to hear from someone who built and flew them back in the day.
The Space Jet 21 is the rarest. I guess it was ultimately replaced by the Li'l Wizard.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down