Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


Clancy Aviation Yard bee Cox_ba12




Clancy Aviation Yard bee Pixel

Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Homemade Prop Balancer
by roddie Yesterday at 7:45 pm

» 3Cyl.KOLM in love wit Listen to this sound
by Cribbs74 Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» Looking to buy 049 engine for Stuka and more
by NEW222 Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» "Breezy Hill's 1/2A Day" April 17th & 18th...Is In The Books!!!!
by ledler Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Question please about cox ski-doo snowmobile
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 3:26 pm

» 35% Nitro Fuel
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:03 pm

» Wanted - Ski-Doo Belt
by turqui Yesterday at 1:36 pm

» Follow Rusty's Memorial Traveling Engines!
by Admin Yesterday at 1:55 am

» Maybe us old guys can fly THIS
by OhBee Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:36 pm

» Rustolium spray paint.
by Ken Cook Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:34 pm

» Line Rake on vintage model?
by getback Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:44 am

» Props for Texaco Event
by sosam117 Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:49 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2021
fredvon4's

Finely polished Cox .049 with exhaust collector.




PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Forum Store
CEF Ear Savers
Gallery


Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty

Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  Gordinir8 Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Here are a couple of videos of my maiden Yard Bee flight i had today, powered by a single port cylinder Cox engine. I was afraid that it might be very fast, that is why i put this engine on, Baby bee will be installed next time to see what will happen. Plans for this model can be found in Aerofred. Nice and very easy to build



Gordinir8
Gordinir8
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 48
Join date : 2020-08-05
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Re: Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  happydad Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:43 pm

@Gordinir8 wrote:Here are a couple of videos of my maiden Yard Bee flight i had today, powered by a single port cylinder Cox engine. I was afraid that it might be very fast, that is why i put this engine on, Baby bee will be installed next time to see what will happen. Plans for this model can be found in Aerofred. Nice and very easy to build




Gordinir8: 2x nice flights, and nice looking plane. The area you are flying in looks like where I live, except 50 years ago, when there were fewer homes surrounding the area.

    When can I come over and fly with you. lol!

Happydad RC Plane Biplane Jeep                          Old Bugger United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

I Support My Forum

2020 Supporter

Posts : 1592
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 75
Location : Escondido, CA

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Re: Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  NEW222 Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:45 pm

Great videos. Looks like you got yourself a nice flier there.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3225
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 42
Location : oakbank, mb

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Re: Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  Gordinir8 Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:27 pm

@happydad wrote:
@Gordinir8 wrote:Here are a couple of videos of my maiden Yard Bee flight i had today, powered by a single port cylinder Cox engine. I was afraid that it might be very fast, that is why i put this engine on, Baby bee will be installed next time to see what will happen. Plans for this model can be found in Aerofred. Nice and very easy to build




Gordinir8: 2x nice flights, and nice looking plane. The area you are flying in looks like where I live, except 50 years ago, when there were fewer homes surrounding the area.

    When can I come over and fly with you. lol!

Happydad RC Plane Biplane Jeep                          Old Bugger United States

Well you are free to come, if you are interested the whole place is for sale, bank asking 90 mil euros for it. It would be nice to buy it and make a private RC field. Very Happy
Gordinir8
Gordinir8
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 48
Join date : 2020-08-05
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Wow

Post  happydad Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:42 pm

@Gordinir8 wrote:
@happydad wrote:
@Gordinir8 wrote:Here are a couple of videos of my maiden Yard Bee flight i had today, powered by a single port cylinder Cox engine. I was afraid that it might be very fast, that is why i put this engine on, Baby bee will be installed next time to see what will happen. Plans for this model can be found in Aerofred. Nice and very easy to build




Gordinir8: 2x nice flights, and nice looking plane. The area you are flying in looks like where I live, except 50 years ago, when there were fewer homes surrounding the area.

    When can I come over and fly with you. lol!

Happydad RC Plane Biplane Jeep                          Old Bugger United States

Well you are free to come, if you are interested the whole place is for sale, bank asking 90 mil euros for it. It would be nice to buy it and make a private RC field. Very Happy

That is a lot of Euros! I bet the bank is planning on building 90million homes on that lot, or apartments.

Happydad RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

I Support My Forum

2020 Supporter

Posts : 1592
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 75
Location : Escondido, CA

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Re: Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  getback Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:59 am

That is a Nice flier , 2 channel ? Mite consider a 8cc tank for just a little more air time Very Happy Does a good glide . This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 63
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Re: Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  Gordinir8 Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:21 am

@getback wrote:That is a Nice flier , 2 channel ? Mite consider a 8cc tank for just a little more air time Very Happy Does a good glide . This Site Rocks!


That's a 8cc tank but engine gas a problem and dies at about one minute or less, i think it's the backplate, i will switch to a baby bee and test it, though smaller tank i am sure it will fly longer. Also new wing covering to be placed so it will soon get back to hangar for repairs Very Happy
Gordinir8
Gordinir8
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 48
Join date : 2020-08-05
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Re: Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  944_Jim Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:29 am

G8;

For grins and giggles, check the position of the fuel pickup tube. The timing also suggests a perished Oring seal between tank and backplate.

Usually the tube ends in the 8:00 or 4:00 position so as to use centrifugal (or is it centripedal?) force during control line operations to pick up the "last drops" of fuel slinging to the outboard side of the tank.

For RC work, you may need to extend the fuel line so it can be positioned at the bottom of the tank. I know the Silver/Golden Bee and Black Widow have the filler tubes running through the tank, so optimum fuel pickup placenta placement might get difficult for RC...I know it makes placenta placement difficult for CL. There is (was?) a blank 8 cc tank available. No cross tubes means it would be easier to place the pickup dead bottom.

For reference, look for Texaco tank set-up tips. It should reflect setting up a tank for "good to the last drop" in a level or slightly nose-up flight.


Last edited by 944_Jim on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:40 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : No airplanes got pregnant in this thread...Bwahaha!)
944_Jim
944_Jim
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2017-02-08
Age : 56
Location : NE MS

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Re: Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  Gordinir8 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:07 am

@944_Jim wrote:G8;

For grins and giggles, check the position of the fuel pickup tube. The timing also suggests a perished Oring seal between tank and backplate.

Usually the tube ends in the 8:00 or 4:00 position so as to use centrifugal (or is it centripedal?) force during control line operations to pick up the "last drops" of fuel slinging to the outboard side of the tank.

For RC work, you may need to extend the fuel line so it can be positioned at the bottom of the tank. I know the Silver/Golden Bee and Black Widow have the filler tubes running through the tank, so optimum fuel pickup placenta placement might get difficult for RC...I know it makes placenta placement difficult for CL. There is (was?) a blank 8 cc tank available. No cross tubes means it would be easier to place the pickup dead bottom.

For reference, look for Texaco tank set-up tips. It should reflect setting up a tank for "good to the last drop" in a level or slightly nose-up flight.

"Unfortunately" everything is as you described Huh... Engine is very carefully assembled. There was one flight from the 10 i performed that kept for about 2.5 minutes so there is hope!. I just disassembly it and back assembly the engine again, will test it again to see how it will go.
Gordinir8
Gordinir8
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 48
Join date : 2020-08-05
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Re: Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  dirk gently Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:41 am

@Gordinir8 wrote:Here are a couple of videos of my maiden Yard Bee flight i had today, powered by a single port cylinder Cox engine. I was afraid that it might be very fast, that is why i put this engine on, Baby bee will be installed next time to see what will happen. Plans for this model can be found in Aerofred. Nice and very easy to build

The model is nice indeed, but maaan, where the heck do you live?!
dirk gently
dirk gently
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 416
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 38
Location : Poznań

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Re: Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  Gordinir8 Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:29 pm

Ha! why you ask? This is and industrial area 20min driving from where i live and one of the few open areas left to fly close to me. This is the spot that battle of Salamis took place at 480bc
Gordinir8
Gordinir8
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 48
Join date : 2020-08-05
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Re: Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  sosam117 Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Andy Clancy Designs are back in business:
If you want your own Lazy Bee?

https://www.andyclancydesigns.com/
sosam117
sosam117
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 401
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Re: Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  davidll1984 Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:37 am

To extend flight time try wit texaco red fuel tank its smaler ventury wil help wit very little drop in performance extend flight prop change can reduce rpm change comsumption also extend flight Nice models Good performance Thumbs Up RC Plane
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1314
Join date : 2020-02-12
Age : 36
Location : shawinigan

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Re: Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  dirk gently Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:41 am

@Gordinir8 wrote:Ha! why you ask?
Oh, it's just because I need to move there, immediately. It not only has a sea nearby, it also looks like a great flying area.
dirk gently
dirk gently
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 416
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 38
Location : Poznań

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Clancy Aviation Yard Bee Price

Post  3Brutes Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:09 am

Hi everyone, I came accross a new Yard Bee in my attic while cleaning. The kit has everything except the radio. Can someone please help assess in valuing the plane. I am not sure it I want to give it to my son to play with or hold onto it. Thanks!
3Brutes
3Brutes
New Member
New Member

Posts : 1
Join date : 2020-12-31

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Re: Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum