Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Babe_b10
Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
November-2020
sosam117's

"Three Cox Tee Dee 020 engines with a new lease on life."



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Forum Store
CEF Ear Savers
Gallery


Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  davidll1984 on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:02 pm

Very Nice flight very powerful model To just wanted To ask wit the black lynx is it possible To made litle test y did notice on last video cox fun rpm bump wen pointing nose up is it possible To try bench test on black lynx place piston on side and normale positions To compare rpm change it just y have test engine in m'y hand holding engines in Difrent positions and notice change of rpm if engine is place piston To left like if just weight of piston change rpm place on side or pointing nose up and inverted litle lose of power tink is oil résidu accumulation in piston is just test y canot run engines To long here cant make video right now can u help for the test
davidll1984
davidll1984
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 639
Join date : 2020-02-12
Age : 35
Location : shawinigan

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  MauricioB on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:32 am

Thanks guys for taking the time to watch the video.
The model really flies and sustains very well, it is capable of doing all kinds of maneuvers, making very fast turns and barrels, ram turns with recovery practically immediately, the knife edge can be held several meters, with a good angle of attack pronounced, so like this, many things can be done in the air.
My camera does not take details, but live and direct, this model is appreciated in a surprising way.
I highlight the Cox single-transfer engine !!, it really exceeded my expectations, cuts and acceleration of the engine through the accelerator ring and ALWAYS RESPONDS! Here there is no bladder and there is no help from the pressurizer, however, the engine always responds , the inertias do not affect it and I am more and more sure of flying critically close to the ground, remember that the engine does not always work at full throttle and it is essential to obtain safe response from the engine in RC stunt situations, the engine works perfectly.
1 single transfer of this Cox engine and its power is more than enough! Another surprising point. The engine has great compression, yes, it is an engine of yesteryear.
The track, particularly where I tested it yesterday, has a dense grass from recent rains, although it is cut, the wheels are embedded in it, making it difficult to take off, but it was not a serious problem to take off from that grass.
I am happy, very happy with the result, I also emphasize that one can have fun with lower fuel consumption than other engines such as the Killer Bee, which has two transfers, this point is also taken by the simple transfer engine.
In short, an engine and model aircraft with which you can have fun for many hours! You will also train your fingers like never before!
The plan will be available shortly, a friend (Horacio Banus) offered to pass it on from the sketch I made to PC, that way everyone who wants to do it can have it.
A special thanks to my friend Roberto Ishkanian, for his collaboration in this project. RC Plane Small Cox Logo RC Plane
MauricioB
MauricioB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2020 Supporter

Posts : 2721
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 49
Location : ARG

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  OhBee on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:19 pm

Sweet! Great flight, great looking plane!....If I may ask,what is the point in the constant throttle blipping?
OhBee
OhBee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 435
Join date : 2016-03-23
Age : 69
Location : Minnesota

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  MauricioB on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:41 pm

OhBee wrote:Sweet! Great flight, great looking plane!....If I may ask,what is the  point in the constant throttle blipping?

Thanks for your message!
Sure you can ask what you want. I answer your question.
The fundamental accelerator in aerobatics, as well as each of the other basic control channels in a model aircraft (rudder, ailerons and depth).
In a looping, the engine must be accelerated at the moment of the climb, once it enters the descent the engine must be cut off and restart the engine in the recovery of the flight line. That is very basic, but to achieve maneuvers and do them correctly the engine must not be at full depth all the time, making the engine "blink" is to give controlled power without going to be direct, that is, they are power touches, because that is what is really needed, neither too much nor little, and in this way the engine's own thrust manages to complete some maneuvers.
Going one way of flight, engine cut, turn, engine touch, more turn and full throttle, for example, makes you change direction in a second and the model changes direction correctly.
The throttle, or engine throttle control, is one of the fundamental points in 3D acrobatics
MauricioB
MauricioB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2020 Supporter

Posts : 2721
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 49
Location : ARG

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  MauricioB on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:46 pm

OhBee; Please take some time and watch this video, if you see music, at minute 1.10 I let the motor be heard and there I am doing the "blinking" motor control (you call it that), to achieve that 3D maneuver called Harrier.
Thanks for your interest!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2020 Supporter

Posts : 2721
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 49
Location : ARG

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  MauricioB on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:56 pm

here with an electric foamy ... motor control is essential! Smile
MauricioB
MauricioB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2020 Supporter

Posts : 2721
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 49
Location : ARG

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  davidll1984 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:28 am

Is it just me the pits is the great plane électro 12s ???convertion To 50 cc gaz ???? Like that modèle ultimate bipe y have one wit old sportsman .15 engines fly bad under powered tink of change engine for Good performance of that modèle if some one can help me figur right size engine To fit m'y model tink of .15 enya cl engines modified To rc posible .19 super tigre 🐅 control Line modified wit carb from cars very powerful engine Witch chose ??? Super tigre little bit heavy tink advice from bether builder than me can help
davidll1984
davidll1984
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 639
Join date : 2020-02-12
Age : 35
Location : shawinigan

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  MauricioB on Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:00 am

davidll1984 wrote:Is it just me the pits is the great plane électro 12s ???convertion To 50 cc gaz ???? Like that modèle ultimate bipe y have one wit old sportsman .15 engines fly bad under powered tink of change engine for Good performance of that modèle if some one can help me figur  right size engine To fit m'y model tink of .15 enya cl engines modified To rc posible .19 super tigre 🐅 control Line modified wit carb from cars very powerful engine Witch chose ??? Super tigre little bit heavy tink advice from bether builder than me can help

Hi David, please ask listed questions, that way I can answer you by better interpreting your language. Thank you.
The Great Planes Pitts is exactly this: http://www.greatplanes.com/discontinued/gpma1421.php

I no longer have this model airplane, I sold it many years ago.
Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Dsc02310
Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Dsc02311


MauricioB
MauricioB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2020 Supporter

Posts : 2721
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 49
Location : ARG

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  KariFS on Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:23 pm

I have said this before and I’ll say it again: You are quite a pilot, Mauricio!

Great flying, very nice videos!

RC Plane Beer Cheers
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1638
Join date : 2014-10-10
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  davidll1984 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:59 pm

M'y ultimate bip is 33''wing half size of ur plane like look of the ultimate m'y need new engine setup y have To choses wit .15 ||| modified enya or super tigre.19 Not sur with one choose ?? Need advice from better pilot like do y nead lot of trust speed how To get best of ultimate wit cox .15 y was fighting wit plane To fly want best result posible y like how u fly ur plane pilot skils very impressive can say y am Good can tell ur mutch bether than y am
davidll1984
davidll1984
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 639
Join date : 2020-02-12
Age : 35
Location : shawinigan

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  MauricioB on Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:48 pm

KariFS wrote:I have said this before and I’ll say it again: You are quite a pilot, Mauricio!

Great flying, very nice videos!

RC Plane Beer Cheers

Thank you very much Kari.
Acrobatics and dexterity continue to advance, today 3D is very explosive, airplanes do maneuvers with many Gs, new generations of pilots do almost anything with airplanes with many displacements 50cc / 150cc / 200cc and more !! ... I have been in the beginnings of 3D, when artistic stunts began to be combined with stunts risky, the flights were more harmonious and not so abrupt, now everything goes at high speed ... I like how far I can get. .. thanks for your message ... I still have a little lubricant on my fingers hahaha .........
MauricioB
MauricioB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2020 Supporter

Posts : 2721
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 49
Location : ARG

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  MauricioB on Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:15 pm

davidll1984 wrote:M'y ultimate bip is 33''wing half size of ur plane like look of the ultimate m'y need new engine setup y have To choses wit .15 ||| modified enya or super tigre.19 Not sur with one choose  ?? Need advice from better pilot like do y nead lot of trust speed  how To get best of ultimate wit cox .15 y was fighting wit plane To fly want best result posible y like how u fly ur plane pilot skils very impressive can say y am  Good can tell ur mutch bether than y am

Thanks, David!
Place side, top, front and back photos of your Ultimate.
Tell me how much is the weight of your plane.
Also tell me if it is a kit or is it a product that I can see through a link on the internet, that information will be useful to me to give a more fair point of view.
Cheers!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2020 Supporter

Posts : 2721
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 49
Location : ARG

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  davidll1984 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:18 am

Hi mauricio m'y model is great plane électro?? Not sur for power 450 480 y did convertion To cox sportsman . Model deserve bether engines for best performance of model y have two engines Not used cant chose Witch engine m'y modified enya .15 and super tigre.19 tink m'y .15 enya Good for him je picturs of Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 16045810
Not sur how To place engine tink y have To place cylinder inside cowl nose tink is impossible To fit larger engine??? Not sur
davidll1984
davidll1984
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 639
Join date : 2020-02-12
Age : 35
Location : shawinigan

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  davidll1984 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:30 am

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 16045811
If place engine on side y have To build new engine mount y want best performance result wat if y place engine just like the cox engine ?? Best configuration for engine performance ? Y am lost litle cg on bip is litle harder To Find y have place for extra weight wit cox
davidll1984
davidll1984
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 639
Join date : 2020-02-12
Age : 35
Location : shawinigan

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  MauricioB on Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:44 am

MauricioB
MauricioB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2020 Supporter

Posts : 2721
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 49
Location : ARG

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  getback on Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:55 am

Nice Maiden !! It seems to do what you ask and that's a good thing , the plane looks extremely well too Smile I like the pilot with the orange offsets the other colors nicely This Site Rocks! RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 7306
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 63
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  davidll1984 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:19 am

Yes mauricio its that one wat it look new befor its crash wit 450 brushles power rf or Somting wrong wit contrôle after repair y wanted To try m'y cox .15 in it just for fun now tink after see your bip y wanted m'y capable of prop hanging ilimited vertical or close To it for 3d capable need best power To weight ratio tink y am very close To get cg Perfect now wit .15 enya Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 16045910
Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 16045911
Not fixed y have To build new engine mount for him and clean oil tink is the Good engine for Not sur Huh...
davidll1984
davidll1984
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 639
Join date : 2020-02-12
Age : 35
Location : shawinigan

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  getback on Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:11 am

MauricioB wrote:here with an electric foamy ... motor control is essential! Smile
Thats just crazy!!! Nice fling !! RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 7306
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 63
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  MauricioB on Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:06 am

davidll1984 wrote:Yes mauricio its that one wat it look new befor its crash wit 450 brushles power rf  or Somting wrong wit contrôle after repair y wanted To try m'y cox .15 in it just for fun now tink after see your bip  y wanted m'y capable of prop hanging ilimited vertical or close To it for 3d capable need best power To weight ratio tink y am very close To get cg Perfect now wit .15 enya Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 16045910
Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 16045911
Not fixed y have To build new engine mount for him and clean oil tink is the Good engine for Not sur  Huh...

David, I've been looking at the Great Planes manufacturer's directions for your model.
SPECIFICATIONS Old Bugger
Stock Number: GPMA1546
Wingspan: 33.5 in (850 mm)
Wing Area: 383 in² (24.7 dm²)
Weight: 27.5-31 oz (780-880 g)
Wing Loading: 10.3-11.6 oz/ft² (32-36 g/dm²)
Fuselage Length:37 in (935 mm)
Requires: 4+ channel radio w/4 micro servos, 950kV brushless outrunner motor, 25A brushless ESC, 11.1V 1250-2100 LiPo pack and prop.
tabla de equivalencia entre motores glow y electricos.
20-size glow engine / 300w electric motor

ADVERTISEMENT
REPORT THIS AD

(OS Max 0.20 engine develops 0.4 hp = 300w electric motor (AXI 2820) )

35-size glow engine / 500w electric motor

(Fox 0.35 stunt engine develops 0.7 hp = 522w electric motor)(AXI 2826)

40-size glow engine develops 1.0 hp = 750w electric motor (AXI 2826 or 4120)

60-size glow engine develops 1.3 hp = 975w electric motor (AXI 4120 or 4130)

90-size glow engine develops 1.6 hp = 1200w electric motor (AXI 5320 or 4130)

1.20-size glow engine develops 3.0 hp = 2250w electric motor (AXI 5330)

DA-50 develops 5.0 hp = 3750w electric motor (AXI 5330)

DA-100 develops 9.8 hp = 7311w electric motor (Double AXI 5330)

From what I can see, your model needs power to be able to perform stunts for what it was created. Unfortunately none of the motors that you have there offer you the necessary power to be able to do stunts and hang the model. It needs a lot of power.
The size of your model is small to fit a powerful Glow motor, you will end up sinking with a lot of weight and the wing loading will expand more and more.
There are some technical parameters to respect, in order to meet 3D stunt objectives.
That model that you have there, if you want to do high-risk stunts (3D), you must motorize it electric, if you place any of those glow motors that you have there, the Cox .15, the Enya or the Super Tigre, you can Maybe fly it but for a calm sport flight enjoyment.
Those engines will not render you for 3D stunt.
If you want, I advise you to do the following: Assemble your biplane with the engine that you like the most of the ones you have there, fly calmly and enjoy a Sport flight or place a powerful electric motor and start rehearsing 3D stunts, the latter it is not the best if you are a beginner.
I prefer that you practice 3D acrobatics, with a Foam model, look, I make these models myself and you really learn a lot at a low cost.
Here I am making the foam models:

Here I am piloting an electric Ultimate of my own manufacture:

You can do it, you can have fun! Thumbs Up

MauricioB
MauricioB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2020 Supporter

Posts : 2721
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 49
Location : ARG

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  MauricioB on Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:29 am

getback wrote:
MauricioB wrote:here with an electric foamy ... motor control is essential! Smile
 Thats just crazy!!! Nice fling !! RC Plane

Thanks Eric! ... my friend! .... this type of models are ideal to fly in places like patios and parks, because you can fly one there in your own home, it would be fun friend !! Very Happy Very Happy
MauricioB
MauricioB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2020 Supporter

Posts : 2721
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 49
Location : ARG

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  davidll1984 on Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:49 pm

Tank you so mutch for al Good info y réalise now wit .15 modified enya may Not giving best power but wit .15 m'y plane cg look ok no nead To ad extra weight just gear batry and m'y Reciver place in back of cg just behind it plane weight les than its 880 g max y work on the plane tonight wil finish complète its cowl nead repair and the plane weight 860 g no fuel in it it let 20 g of fuel y wil start fly litle over. 880 g wit fuel y build m'y engine for max posible rpm Not sur for prop size get max trust Not tested m'y engine y use lot of litle modification Not sur how engine wil run it start al redy good sign just Prime no fuel in tank de if sound ok after modification
davidll1984
davidll1984
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 639
Join date : 2020-02-12
Age : 35
Location : shawinigan

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re:

Post  happydad on Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:22 pm

MauricioB wrote:
davidll1984 wrote:Yes mauricio its that one wat it look new befor its crash wit 450 brushles power rf  or Somting wrong wit contrôle after repair y wanted To try m'y cox .15 in it just for fun now tink after see your bip  y wanted m'y capable of prop hanging ilimited vertical or close To it for 3d capable need best power To weight ratio tink y am very close To get cg Perfect now wit .15 enya Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 16045910
Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 16045911
Not fixed y have To build new engine mount for him and clean oil tink is the Good engine for Not sur  Huh...

David, I've been looking at the Great Planes manufacturer's directions for your model.
SPECIFICATIONS Old Bugger
Stock Number: GPMA1546
Wingspan: 33.5 in (850 mm)
Wing Area: 383 in² (24.7 dm²)
Weight: 27.5-31 oz (780-880 g)
Wing Loading: 10.3-11.6 oz/ft² (32-36 g/dm²)
Fuselage Length:37 in (935 mm)
Requires: 4+ channel radio w/4 micro servos, 950kV brushless outrunner motor, 25A brushless ESC, 11.1V 1250-2100 LiPo pack and prop.
tabla de equivalencia entre motores glow y electricos.
20-size glow engine / 300w electric motor

ADVERTISEMENT
REPORT THIS AD

(OS Max 0.20 engine develops 0.4 hp = 300w electric motor (AXI 2820) )

35-size glow engine / 500w electric motor

(Fox 0.35 stunt engine develops 0.7 hp = 522w electric motor)(AXI 2826)

40-size glow engine develops 1.0 hp = 750w electric motor (AXI 2826 or 4120)

60-size glow engine develops 1.3 hp = 975w electric motor (AXI 4120 or 4130)

90-size glow engine develops 1.6 hp = 1200w electric motor (AXI 5320 or 4130)

1.20-size glow engine develops 3.0 hp = 2250w electric motor (AXI 5330)

DA-50 develops 5.0 hp = 3750w electric motor (AXI 5330)

DA-100 develops 9.8 hp = 7311w electric motor (Double AXI 5330)

From what I can see, your model needs power to be able to perform stunts for what it was created. Unfortunately none of the motors that you have there offer you the necessary power to be able to do stunts and hang the model. It needs a lot of power.
The size of your model is small to fit a powerful Glow motor, you will end up sinking with a lot of weight and the wing loading will expand more and more.
There are some technical parameters to respect, in order to meet 3D stunt objectives.
That model that you have there, if you want to do high-risk stunts (3D), you must motorize it electric, if you place any of those glow motors that you have there, the Cox .15, the Enya or the Super Tigre, you can Maybe fly it but for a calm sport flight enjoyment.
Those engines will not render you for 3D stunt.
If you want, I advise you to do the following: Assemble your biplane with the engine that you like the most of the ones you have there, fly calmly and enjoy a Sport flight or place a powerful electric motor and start rehearsing 3D stunts, the latter it is not the best if you are a beginner.
I prefer that you practice 3D acrobatics, with a Foam model, look, I make these models myself and you really learn a lot at a low cost.
Here I am making the foam models:

Here I am piloting an electric Ultimate of my own manufacture:

You can do it, you can have fun! Thumbs Up


MauricioB: what type of foam are you using? Are you treating the foam before painting? What type of paints are you using?

WOW, what a great looking plane and what great flying. I am on the next plane. lol!  I wish.

Progress here is slow, but i am making progress, just not with the MacBook so i can upload pictures.

Keep up the great work and stay safe.

Happydad RC Plane Old Bugger
happydad
happydad
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

2020 Supporter

Posts : 1591
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 75
Location : Escondido, CA

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  Oldenginerod on Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:41 am

David.
What are the modifications to the Enya which you speak of?
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3186
Join date : 2012-06-15
Age : 58
Location : Victoria, Australia

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  MauricioB on Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:53 am

MauricioB: what type of foam are you using? Are you treating the foam before painting? What type of paints are you using?

WOW, what a great looking plane and what great flying. I am on the next plane. lol!  I wish.

Progress here is slow, but i am making progress, just not with the MacBook so i can upload pictures.

Keep up the great work and stay safe.

Happydad RC Plane Old Bugger[/quote]

Thank you!
The paint I use there is acrylic, which is diluted with water.
The material I use there are tergoline polyfan sheets, they come in different thicknesses, from 3 mm onwards. The iron can measure between 1 meter long and 0.90 meters wide.
This material is also very common in the sandwich trays that are sold in fast food places (just to relate that it is a well-known material).
You just have to take into account before painting that the surface is free of dust. You can even clean with ethyl alcohol if necessary.
Then you can paint with acrylic paint by means of a brush or by means of an airbrush. This paint is applied only for electric models. It does not support glow fuel (just in case).
Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Dsc04620
Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Dsc04621
Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Dsc04622
Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Dsc04810
Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Dsc04710
Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Dsc04910
Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Dsc04911

To paint with paint that requires to support glow fuel, you must paint with synthetic water-based enamel! In this way, it will not damage the batt material (polystyrene, polyfan tergoline), and once the paint is dry it will support the glow fuel.
I leave here a restoration work of my P-51 Mustang, which I bought with many details and that I was able to rescue almost from the ashes ...

This model is restored and then painted with synthetic water-based paint!
In this video I dedicate this work to my friends from the North, all of you (USA) are in the North, because in the American continent, I am in the South!

P51 Mustang flight:
MauricioB
MauricioB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2020 Supporter

Posts : 2721
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 49
Location : ARG

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  davidll1984 on Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:44 am

Hi mauricio m'y engine setup upgrades parts and modification To engine is cars .15 carb larger pipe exit modification to crank chaft Intake change litle y tink of ramp inside crank Intake port flow inside sleave modification just To help flow dynamique Not larger Intake port inside piston Intake exit Not change in timing of engine is alredy Good timing cl engines use very litle différence wit rc enya.15 and giving litle extra performance wit carb pipe mod compare To oem rc enya engine y like piston in old enya engine compare To new engine without the top fuel retanig ridge it help wit hi flo presurised carb setup piston retain fuel inside its chamber its like place wasp .061 carb wit pipe To cox tee dee .051 wooott rpm gain y wil try it today engines is redy worked al night on y dont have internal picturs its m'y secret like Ford wont tel Ferrari is secret at last Not in publiques Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Screen27
Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Screen28
Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Screen29
davidll1984
davidll1984
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 639
Join date : 2020-02-12
Age : 35
Location : shawinigan

Back to top Go down

Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox Fun Model .049 ... flight, flight and flight!!! (page 3 & 5)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum