Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

There is a Cox model airplane fan over on the Model Train Forum Cox_ba12

There is a Cox model airplane fan over on the Model Train Forum Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Today at 5:37 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 4:16 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by MauricioB Today at 3:43 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 12:27 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 10:11 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

There is a Cox model airplane fan over on the Model Train Forum Empty
Live on Patrol

There is a Cox model airplane fan over on the Model Train Forum

Go down

There is a Cox model airplane fan over on the Model Train Forum Empty There is a Cox model airplane fan over on the Model Train Forum

Post  rsv1cox Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:18 am

There is a Cox model airplane fan over on the Model Train Forum Cox_fl12
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

There is a Cox model airplane fan over on the Model Train Forum Empty Re: There is a Cox model airplane fan over on the Model Train Forum

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:27 am

Bob, is this a custom trailer on that flat bed car that the modeler decorated, or did Cox actually make such?
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

There is a Cox model airplane fan over on the Model Train Forum Empty Re: There is a Cox model airplane fan over on the Model Train Forum

Post  rsv1cox Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:57 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:Bob, is this a custom trailer on that flat bed car that the modeler decorated, or did Cox actually make such?

The fellow on the MTF pointed me to ebay, there were two. Pretty cheap.

There is a Cox model airplane fan over on the Model Train Forum Better10

I bought them both. May offer one in a future contest..........guess the..................? Smile
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:05 pm

Bob, there is some potential in this. You could place one of your planes with a completely exposed Babe Bee engine with that rail car and Cox semi-trailer in the background on a set of rail tracks for a type of diorama. Catch a photo of the engine up close with the Cox trailer clearly in the background. Might be a winner in a future Cox Engine of the Month Contest. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:15 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:Bob, there is some potential in this. You could place one of your planes with a completely exposed Babe Bee engine with that rail car and Cox semi-trailer in the background on a set of rail tracks for a type of diorama. Catch a photo of the engine up close with the Cox trailer clearly in the background. Might be a winner in a future Cox Engine of the Month Contest. Very Happy

Smile Smile

My photography skills arn't up to the task George. Proof - my multiple submissions have netted a zero on the engine of the month scale. Smile
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:17 pm

rsv1cox wrote:My photography skills arn't up to the task George.  Proof - my multiple submissions have netted a zero on the engine of the month scale.  Smile
Perhaps your daughter or son might be up to the task? This Site Rocks!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:43 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:My photography skills arn't up to the task George.  Proof - my multiple submissions have netted a zero on the engine of the month scale.  Smile
Perhaps your daughter or son might be up to the task? This Site Rocks!

In truth George in my 10 years here I think I have only submitted three photos, maybe four. My taste in engines etc. tend toward the inglorious which might have something to do with it. 🙂

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:48 pm

rsv1cox wrote:In truth George in my 10 years here I think I have only submitted three photos, maybe four.  My taste in engines etc. tend toward the inglorious which might have something to do with it.  🙂
Bob, I have over the years witnessed an "inglorious" engine win the monthly contest. Someone ingeniously took a photo of it slinging Castor with the prop in a blurp. I think one was one of @rdw777 Robert's Pee Wee's that had a warped thin cylinder straightened by a community member. For some reason, I think the story caught the attention of others, and helped it to garner votes.

I think @Kim had a few, also. Results can be unpredictable, combination of story, the right action (or non-action) photo, etc.

Personally, I could simply outright buy the Ex Model Engine's venom clone, but the contest makes it more of a challenge.

So, I wouldn't give up. I only suggested your children as the photographer, because they may have better photo skills. Nothing says it has to be a photo you personally did.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:34 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:In truth George in my 10 years here I think I have only submitted three photos, maybe four.  My taste in engines etc. tend toward the inglorious which might have something to do with it.  🙂
Bob, I have over the years witnessed an "inglorious" engine win the monthly contest. Someone ingeniously took a photo of it slinging Castor with the prop in a blurp. I think one was one of @rdw777 Robert's Pee Wee's that had a warped thin cylinder straightened by a community member. For some reason, I think the story caught the attention of others, and helped it to garner votes.

I think @Kim had a few, also. Results can be unpredictable, combination of story, the right action (or non-action) photo, etc.

Personally, I could simply outright buy the Ex Model Engine's venom clone, but the contest makes it more of a challenge.

So, I wouldn't give up. I only suggested your children as the photographer, because they may have better photo skills. Nothing says it has to be a photo you personally did.

I tried to find the photos that I have submitted, but couldn't, they have fallen off the edge.  One was a Christmas photo, all different Space Bug Jr.s  on flat cars pulled by a colorful 4-4-0 American locomotive under the tree.  Another was a RR-1 on a flat car coming out of a picture of the Cox factory at Santa Anna.  Another was a pair of really trashy Babe Bees.  The photo wasn't mine but the sellers on ebay.  Really nice clear photo showing extraordinary detail.  Just against some really great competition here on the forum.  I have no problem with it.  I just marvel at Matt's generosity giving away an engine a month all these years.  

But pictures - I must be the most prolific picture poster on the forum, my way of contributing - or molesting 🙂.  I try to post the best images, but the subject makes them.  The more colorful the better. Pictures also save me explainations and keystrokes. That - A picture is worth a thousand words thing.........

My latest which I think is pretty good.  Thank you Wen Mac.......

There is a Cox model airplane fan over on the Model Train Forum P1016346
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down