Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video Cox_ba12

The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by Oldenginerod Today at 1:59 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video Empty
Live on Patrol

The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day" The Video

Go down

The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video Empty The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day" The Video

Post  Kim Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:43 pm

Just in case any C.E.F.'rs find themselves in Southern Illinois or Southeast Missouri on the day after Thanksgiving!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point (Nov. 23rd), the Breezy Hill Flyers (AMA Dist. 6, Club #2435) of Chester, Illinois are STILL on for their "Black Fly Day Fun Fly" on the 27th of November.

This is a very informal event with all forms of model aviation welcome.  We have a nicely kept Control Line Circle (known as "The Crop Circle") and an R/C runway.  

The field is just north of Chester, Illinois on RT.3, and our address is:
001 Breezy Hill Rd Chester, IL 62233

Our FB Page is: https://www.facebook.com/Breezy-Hill-RC-Flying-Field-Richard-P-McClure-Memorial-Field-213223495364328

We'll probably start around 10am and go 'till we call it quits.  There MAY be food...for sure we'll be able to order pizza!

The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 5_3_bl10

Last edited by Kim on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video Empty Re: The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day" The Video

Post  Kim Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:04 am

So, we pulled it off!

Lots of sunshine, but with cold wind and turbulence breaking over Breezy Hill.  Still, that didn't stop the Flyers from using the WHOLE day on "Black Fly Day".

Our one "casualty" was Billy's new Piper Cub which either had a radio problem, or got caught in one of the many rotors that were rolling across the field.

The Control Liners stood their ground in the wind, and the Flite Streaks and Shoestrings...and one lonely Bi-Slob...kept on flying when not taking breaks to allow the R/C's to take a turn.  At this point, the Crop Circle is intersected by the R/C runway, but plans are underway to move it toward the east a bit to give everybody some elbow room.

I had my Sig Kadet Senior Sport out among all the Electron Herders, making sure the R/C runway got a good dose of castor oil.  The "Big Bunny", Stan Fronabarger's stunt-flapped Flite Streak, got some flying time, though we're gonna have to try it again when things are calmer.

Special Guest, Allen Bagg, drove the 60 miles or so from down south with his collection of Flite Streaks, and had a big time smoking the Crop Circle.

Flyer Brian had his Control Line Shoestring, whose aft CG gave him some considerable entertainment in the rough air.

A great time, and full day, as confirmed this morning by my aching feet and stiff back!

Still more stuff to come.

The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 100_22

The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 500_010
The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 507_10

The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 505_110
The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 200_16
The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 205_10
The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 305_110
The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 305_610
The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 308_10
The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 300_13
The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 400_115

The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 410_110
The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 600_610
The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 600_12
The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video 605_110

Last edited by Kim on Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day"  The Video Empty Re: The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Black Fly-Day" The Video

Post  Ken Cook Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:44 am

Great stuff to see Kim. My club is dwindling down in numbers and those that are still active are steadily becoming inactive. We would fly year round and last weekend it was mentioned that it was getting too cold. Between the inactivity of many and the fact that the media suggests your going to die if you step outside, this year has been active but not like the past. In truth, I was shocked at my fuel useage this season it's been quite a bit. It's great to see the guys getting together.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:07 am

Thanks Ken!

I was lucky to find such a bunch of like-minded characters! The temperatures don't affect them as much the wind...and even THAT is sometimes ignored when we just GOT to fly.

This stupid Kung-Flu hasn't helped any, and clubs have sure taken it on the chin, but I also have gotten a lot of flying this year. Sometimes, it's in "fits"...like the attendance SURGE at this year's Fall S.M.A.L.L I dubbed that gathering as "Covid Whiplash", with guys badly wanting get out, fly, and watch others do the same.

Our club is hanging in there, but with few new members...even with Billy and Stephens campaigning to get youthful members. I'm no longer a "Model Aviation Evangelist", having wasted too much time and effort with those who see it as a fine diversion as long as others are willing to carry them.

Still, there may be some more members eventually, but like most clubs, we basically have four or five members who make it happen, and they're having fun, so all is good.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:12 pm

It took a week, but here we are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYuXhKC-kaY
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:03 am

lol! lol! Good Fun !! I like the ride ons , Big boy was having a wild ride with the shoestring , That pink plane with the tuner on it has one big looking tank on it Smile Glad to see you out there having some fun even if it hurts a little the next day ! This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down