Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

A actual tractor that has a motor that runs forward AND reverse!  Cox_ba12

A actual tractor that has a motor that runs forward AND reverse!  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 5:40 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Today at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Today at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Today at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Today at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Today at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Today at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Today at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Yesterday at 7:32 pm

» TD 09 Ducted Fan
by getback Yesterday at 8:41 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

A actual tractor that has a motor that runs forward AND reverse!  Empty
Live on Patrol

A actual tractor that has a motor that runs forward AND reverse!

Go down

A actual tractor that has a motor that runs forward AND reverse!  Empty A actual tractor that has a motor that runs forward AND reverse!

Post  layback209 Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:49 pm

Ok this is so cool! Its a full size single cylinder tractor that has a reversible engine direction and it can do the propeller back and forth bobble like the cox 0.049s. Thought folks here could relate to it.

https://youtu.be/pYeEotP_c3M

Last edited by layback209 on Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

A actual tractor that has a motor that runs forward AND reverse!  Empty Re: A actual tractor that has a motor that runs forward AND reverse!

Post  NEW222 Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:00 pm

I love the video from about 2:50 - 3:50. When the guy attempts to get off, then on again. Lo
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

A actual tractor that has a motor that runs forward AND reverse!  Empty Re: A actual tractor that has a motor that runs forward AND reverse!

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Nifty, thanks for sharing. Sounds like my old 1934 Ford 2 door sedan on a good day.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:19 pm

Ha ha lol!  it reminds me one of m'y last cox engine build wit no3 cylinder wit two bypas no boost port it has strong compression and if just flick wit finger it run like that tractor back and fort  lol! 0rpm and runing y dont no if its Good sing of performance in that case lol! Laughing
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:57 pm

The Lanz Bulldog was pretty common out here, and now very popular with collectors and enthusiasts. They were pretty well indestructible. While they were not actually "designed" to run either way, they would, although I'd question the wisdom of doing so. They use a reed valve system, so I guess it is quite similar to a Cox reedie. The "rocking" phenomenon usually came about when the engine was loaded up and the speed dropped too low. If the clutch was thrown just at the right time, you could get rocking happening, although more often the engine would simply reverse. I have seen one bog down in a tractor pull, the clutch thrown at the point of stalling and the tractor driven off the track in reverse gear traveling forward. The driver simply cuts the speed down to the point that it "bumps" off compression and he snaps the throttle open at just the right time, where the engine automatically reverses. The British Field Marshall was similar.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:51 pm

It hapened To m'y litle 4x4 truck if rpm drop To low somtime wel it hapen like just 2 time in 10 run y brake the truck and wanted To go forward than pul gaz ?? Truck run in wrong direction pul brake than the engine just stop this time Not reversing y dont no how the pul starter mécanisme survived the suddenly reverse of engine direction
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:54 pm

Thanks for that, Rod. I love to learn, so
does my brain.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:20 am

Cool ! Love the torque 2 cyl. , does that take mix fuel Rod ? Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  layback209 Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:03 am

davidll1984 wrote:Ha ha lol!  it reminds me one of m'y last cox engine build wit no3 cylinder wit two bypas no boost port it has strong compression and if just flick wit finger it run like that tractor back and fort  lol! 0rpm and runing y dont no if its Good sing of performance in that case lol! Laughing

Lol true, I've had yhe back and forth happen the most when starting 0.049 teedee. Its got a big higher compression and if you dont give it a fast enough flick it some times doednt turn over fully ands runs back and forth for a bit. Let's you know your close RC Plane
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  layback209 Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:09 am

Thanks rod for the more background Smile

Id love to see one of these in person and on 🚜 tractor pull no less.

We didn't really have any of these in western Canada at least not at my gramps farm. I think there was some pretty interesting regulations that may have forced folks to buy Massey Ferguson and made it impractical to purchase other brands from outside the country. I recall some telling me this when I asked why did everyone have a Massey?
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down