Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Your New Year's resolution? Cox_ba12

Your New Year's resolution? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by roddie Today at 4:33 am

» Cox PT-19 Wing
by latole Today at 4:28 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 2:54 am

» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Simple Gliders
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Your New Year's resolution? Empty
Live on Patrol

Your New Year's resolution?

Go down

Your New Year's resolution? Empty Your New Year's resolution?

Post  rsv1cox Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:19 pm

I have never made one, but know some that do.

I was just watching "The Five" on Fox. I have been watching for years because it coincides with my evening meal. Each one of the five listed their resolution(s). Dana Perino's was that she intended on keeping a daily "gratitude list" of things that she encountered during the day that affected her life in a positive way. I thought that pretty profound. Should I do so, high on my list would be the minutes that I spend on this forum each day with people of like interests.

My imaginary resolution would be to drop a pound or two. I have always been slim but at my age, if I would like that extra Reeses peanut butter cup or two, I indulge with predictable results.

Anyone here a resolution maker?
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Your New Year's resolution? Empty Re: Your New Year's resolution?

Post  rdw777 Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:01 pm

I don’t know if I would call it resolution but maybe….Worked on my shop all day…. Built some shelves to get more organized…. I’m retiring in four months and anxious to build and fix stuff….. Happy New Year CEF friends!!!
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:12 pm

I’m of a mindset that people only adhere to resolutions when their heart is really into it. My wife has been bugging me about my weight for two years. Each time she made a comment I dug my heels in even further. In September I decided I wanted to lose weight for myself.down 25lbs as of today. Still have almost that much to lose. My heart is into it.

I don’t know how resolutions coincide with a new year. You can make one any day of the year. Good intentions don’t put food on the table or money in your pocket. Just do it or don’t, no reason to talk about… Laughing
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:18 pm

Self-admitted maker/breaker. Hey, they all sound good until the hard work begins.

For 2022...
Automotive: Replace clutch in the Porsche, complete the Triumph body and secure it to its frame.
My wife is anxious for her Porsche to run (I told her she needed to marry a mechanic...she asked me if I was applying for the job).

Aeronautical: Build AND fly.
My phone reminded me of my last flight. That was the Mossie two years ago this month.

Domestic: Replace siding and windows.

I'll have to hire out the last one. It affects the family, so it is higher on the priority list. I have built planes, so I just need to go fly. I have semi-built planes, so I just need to go finish them. Having another car running again means I can put boy #2 behind the wheel of my daily driver without buying yet one more car, and this relieves my wife of taxi duty next school year. My wife and I are at odds regarding priority of effort, but she wants siding and windows farmed out-as in, right now!

Oh, and see the first line again. Huh...

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:49 pm

I wanna get back to modeling..... the way it was back when I joined CEF. New years Eve has always been the time to make a resolution.. (IMHO) That's what has worked for me.. in years past.

I feel like a change is comin'....... and it's comin' soon...
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:51 pm

"Live to See the Next One."
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:30 pm

Hit it, Roddie! I would love to see you tackle the Whirlwind!

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:33 pm

I've never been a big one for New Year resolutions as I see way too many made without thought and very few adhered to.  I'm with Ron, if it's something worth doing, what does it matter what day it is.  Start any day you like.  I've never been a big one for making promises I may not be able to keep.
Having said that, I did make a number of promises 29 years ago, so I am answerable to my wife on those ones.
Daily I'm reminded-
Diet- check.
Exercise- check.
Get rid of all this crap- ch, ch, ch, check...... Sad Goodbye (Some day)
Get new flooring, paint, bathroom, kitchen....   Happy to pay someone else to do that, but she's got to approve whoever might do the work.  Therein lies the problem.  No-one can be trusted apparently, so we continue to put up with a house that's deteriorating.  That one can't be hung on me.
lol!
A couple of year back after her mother passed away, we inherited half of the estate, meaning half a house.  The proceeds are just sitting in the bank earning us nothing.  (0.05% I think).  But she cries poor.  More than enough for the renovations.
I can see a time in the future when if you haven't used it, you lose it.  Who knows what's going to happen to the world economy?  The Cancel Culture might catch up with everyone's savings some day.

"You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again.  The sun is the same in a relitive way but you're older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death."  -Pink Floyd

"The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises.....A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work".  - Ecclesiastes
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:00 am

Happy New Year  Beers  Beer Cheers  drunken  cheers  Clapping  Hats Off  Money Toss  Crazy Eyes  Roddie

Lets see here. For me, the "lose weight", "eat better", or "go out and exercise in the morning" crap never lasts long.

More realistic would be to shoot for getting some things done like to get some new designs for shirts, mugs, etc. We also need to get some contests going too. I have some prize engines that have been waiting to be offered up for something.

Around the house: I'd like to clear out some of the excess crap in the basement. Some of which are projects that have been placed on hold while I "make lists to order parts"... Old radios, tape decks, etc... some that have been sitting for more than a few years in partially disassembled state.

I wish everyone a safe and healthy New Year!

Fireworks Happy New Year

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:47 am

I have made a couple over the years, but like most, they filed. So this year I will make one more that I can hopefully complete. That would be to getting my butt outside more often and at the bare minimum running more Cox and other rc engines than the past two years, if even just on the bench. A bonus would be to actually fly more as well.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:32 pm

I made a resolution to quit procrastinating one of these days...

Well, seriously, I should get my rear in gear and start, and especially finish, various home improvement stuff. My various hobby endeavours get ”frowned upon” as long as there are so many unfinished (and un-begun) projects going on in and outside the house.

I guess I should lose some weight (like 30-40lbs), maybe excercise more, but definitely I should sleep more. My habit of staying up late listening to music on my headphones, or just surfing the net takes its toll. Maybe replace some of the surfing with traditional pencil-and-paper sudokus or play some solitaire with actual playing cards? Read more books? Drink less wine with the music? Also I definitely should pay more attention to how I look, i.e. get a haircut more often, trim the beard, get some decent clothes and so on. Wash the car more often, get some proper shoes and try to look less like a slob Embarassed

Maybe those changes would give more energy so that I could get more done around the house?

Yes, good plan. Next week I’ll start!
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:53 am

OK since Kari is as full of it as i am .. lol ... My most thing i want WANT to get done this year is clean my house to were it can bee used like it was intended Happy New Year My Dad that passed 4 yrs. ago the 1st left a Big stash of STUFF and my son at 23 still can't pick up behind himself!?!?  Then I am Thinking of and have been for some time now that even if i can't fly Roundy round Just built the planes i have in stock (Like rsv1cox in bygod West Virginia ) and hang them so when my son comes around we can fly with him at the handle .
If I get this done? between cutting splitting hauling wood ! Then Mowing and working on MY mower and the neighbors POCrap But first and foremost I need to figure out something about a Woman in or come around (better Idea) for a stay = getting nothing done less I get one them that want shut up and likes to clean Very Happy I Love This Forum! Eyebrows RC Plane Airplane Beers
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down