Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox Comanche Share Cox_ba12

Cox Comanche Share Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 5:44 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox Comanche Share Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox Comanche Share

Go down

Cox Comanche Share Empty Cox Comanche Share

Post  layback209 Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:16 pm

Oh man I'm excited for this beautiful hazard Small Cox Logo  Babe Bee .049. Was just delivered to day and it was instantly built  with my kids.

In hindsight probably would of been wise to remove the engine for break in before installing the rotors. Guess we will be doing it as first time nitro folks, will get the benifit of learning how long a tank lasts.  

I love the box art.  Boy I miss the 90s where stuff like this was on hobby shop shelves.  

I have no experience with these rigs and will be doing some research in the coming days.  But I imagine it's going to be a blast of fun.  The instructions were very limited and rather focused in great detail on how you may get injured from it versus how the fly it  lol!

Very cool all in one package thar even included a chicken stick. I won't be using that but it's a neat inclusion.

Cox Comanche Share 20220110
Cox Comanche Share 20220112
Cox Comanche Share 20220111

Last edited by layback209 on Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:05 am; edited 2 times in total
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Cox Comanche Share Empty Re: Cox Comanche Share

Post  Admin Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:51 am

Very cool!

That's one of the lucky Cox helicopters that going to actually be taken out and played with rather than sit in a box on a shelf forever.

I was just thinking about these FF models and wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea to put one of those Apple AirTags inside. If the thing flies off out of sight or goes down over some tall grass or trees, you could whip out your phone and track it down. Looking up the weight of one of those AirTags, they only weigh about 0.39 ounces (11 grams).

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:16 am

Nice find LB, and building it with your kids makes it extra special. But you may want to use that chicken stick, my son sustained his first gas powered model injury when he started a Cox Sky Copter. We're talking real red stuff here.

That's one of the lucky Cox helicopters that going to actually be taken out and played with rather than sit in a box on a shelf forever

Describes mine Jacob. Not going anywhere, still in it's bubble, but the box has seen better days. I did not know there was a chicken stick in there.

Cox Comanche Share Dscn1417
Cox Comanche Share Dscn1418
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:38 pm

Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  layback209 Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:00 pm

That's a fantastic idea Jacob on the airtag. I'm wondering if the model rocket guys have something similar. Altitude, speed, airtime would all be cool things to record.

Thanks rsv1cox, good call on the chicken stick. Yikes sounds like a heck of a bite mark. My oldest will probably be able to start er up himself this spring. And I will take my place as pit dad.

Ken thanks for sharing the video. It's even better than I imagined. It behaves as I expected , leans out.

I found a thread on here with some peewee 0.020 versions from the 70s. They flew really well too. There was also a variety of balsa plans added to it if you wanted to build your own. Even a 40 sized contraption, which looked like a giant propeller. Engine on one end, contour balance on the other.
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:23 pm

layback209 wrote:That's a fantastic idea Jacob on the airtag. I'm wondering if the model rocket guys have something similar. Altitude, speed, airtime would all be cool things to record.

Thanks rsv1cox, good call on the chicken stick. Yikes sounds like a heck of a bite mark. My oldest will probably be able to start er up himself this spring. And I will take my place as pit dad.

Ken thanks for sharing the video. It's even better than I imagined. It behaves as I expected , leans out.

I found a thread on here with some peewee 0.020 versions from the 70s. They flew really well too.  There was also a variety of balsa plans added to it if you wanted to build your own.  Even a 40 sized contraption, which looked like a giant propeller. Engine on one end, contour balance on the other.

Seriously, be careful.  I don't know about the Comanche's blades but the .020 Sky Copters propellers are sharp.  Not like an airplane, your flipping in a different position,  vertical instead of horizontal.  Mark was around eight or nine at the time.  

Cox Comanche Share Dscn1423

Good luck when you do.  Pictures would be nice.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:36 pm

If you learn to backflip a engine, you can't get hit by the prop. I wear a bowling ball insert sizer on my finger. Never an issue and very comfortable.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  layback209 Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:41 pm

rsv1cox wrote:
layback209 wrote:

Cox Comanche Share Dscn1423

Good luck when you do.  Pictures would be nice.

Bob

We will be careful, I'll be the test hamster off the hop to figure it out.   Definitely learned to respect engines over the years, hope to share good practices with new flyers.  I had a rough incident with an os LA .46 where a momentary lapse in judgment chewed my index finger up good....  could of been much worse, the scars are a good reminder. Cool that's the exact 0.020 I seen in the thread. That's awesome Bob. I actually seen 2 of these used pop up on market place a few weeks ago, I decided to pursue the 0.049 and tempered my little gotta have it all voice lol. It also looks like fuel leaked out in your Comanche box the same as the one we got.  I'll be sure to share some action shots/vids once the snow is off around here. Jeeze it dropped to -36degC today.  

Thanks Ken for the suggestion, I am working on the back flip technique. Had some success so far with 0.049 TDs.  More practice ahead hope to get it down good one day.

Derek
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down