Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Cox_ba12

Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 4:36 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

» TD/Medallion .049 fuel draw issues
by Ken Cook Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Empty
Live on Patrol

Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ......

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Empty Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ......

Post  WV. FLYGUY Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:34 pm

While taking pictures of the Rocket engine that I had a question with for the forum over in the other engines posts thought I'd take a few pictures of one of my favorite Cox engines in my collection. Thanks for looking.

Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Img_2920
Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Img_2921
Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Img_2922
Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Img_2923Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Img_2929
Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Img_2930
Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Img_2931
WV. FLYGUY
WV. FLYGUY
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Empty Re: Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ......

Post  Ken Cook Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Do you have the Cox 8x4 prop? I have a few if them if you would like one. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Empty Re: Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ......

Post  WV. FLYGUY Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:48 pm

Ken Cook wrote:         Do you have the Cox  8x4 prop? I have a few if them if you would like one. Ken

Yes Ken. But thank you very much for the offer. It was just to long to put in the display box. I have the original.. Thanks for the offer again Sir.

Last edited by WV. FLYGUY on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
WV. FLYGUY
WV. FLYGUY
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WV. FLYGUY Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:53 pm

WV. FLYGUY wrote:
Ken Cook wrote:         Do you have the Cox  8x4 prop? I have a few if them if you would like one. Ken

Yes Ken. But thank you very nuch for the offer. It was just to long to put in the display box. I have the original.. Thanks for the offer again Sir.

Is the the right one Ken ??

Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Img_2935
Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Img_2937
Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Img_2936
WV. FLYGUY
WV. FLYGUY
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:58 pm

Good Looking Engine!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Terry, that is the period correct prop. I have the later competition grey version. Not as old, but similar blades.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  WV. FLYGUY Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm

Ken Cook wrote:         Terry, that is the period correct prop. I have the later competition grey version. Not as old, but similar blades.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I thought it was correct as the gentleman said it was an older propeller that he purchased from a hobby shop many years ago. Appreciate the reply..
WV. FLYGUY
WV. FLYGUY
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WV. FLYGUY Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Kim wrote:Good Looking Engine!

Thank you very much my friend......
WV. FLYGUY
WV. FLYGUY
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:19 pm

The prop looks like the 6x6 one that came on the Piper Comanche with the Sportsman engine.
If you look closely, on one of the blades you might see 6dx6p. Beautiful engine WV. Wish mine looked so good.
The 8-4 Ken mentioned, is a great prop for the Sportsman.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WV. FLYGUY Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:16 pm

dckrsn wrote:The prop looks like the 6x6 one that came on the Piper Comanche with the Sportsman engine.
If you look closely, on one of the blades you might see 6dx6p. Beautiful engine WV. Wish mine looked so good.
Bob

Bob I did just looked at real closely with a magnifying glass and you are correct its marked... Thimble Drome on one blade and 6D-6P on the other blade. Very good eye my friend. So does this engine supposed to have a 8X4 originally? Thanks for your follow up and your good eye for the identification....
WV. FLYGUY
WV. FLYGUY
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:36 pm

That Sportsman .15 is out of a Comanche as it has the long needle valve. Nice engine. If you need to reset the piston ball socket sign up for the .15 reset tool loaner. I believe the tool is back in the states.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Thought I'd share my Cox Sportsman .15 ...... Empty BEAUTIFUL MOTOR!

Post  steve thornton Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:57 pm

I got one of these for my 9th birthday, over many decades ago, and put it on a Ringmaster Jr. It made 2 laps and started to run backwards! I still loved it and last year I sent it to Bernie and he gave it a good cleaning and I hope to try it next spring on an AkroMaster...or some other really cool plane.
Beautiful motor Jason!
steve thornton
steve thornton
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:41 pm

WV. FLYGUY wrote:
dckrsn wrote:The prop looks like the 6x6 one that came on the Piper Comanche with the Sportsman engine.
Bob

Bob I did just looked at real closely with a magnifying glass and you are correct its marked... Thimble Drome on one blade and 6D-6P on the other blade. Very good eye my friend. So does this engine supposed to have a 8X4 originally?
Not necessarily Terry, the 6-6 on the Comanche was for a somewhat scale appearance.
If I recall correctly, the prop range for the Sportsman was 6 to 8 diameter, and 3.5 to 6
on the pitch. That makes for several dia-pitch combinations. Depends on the craft you
mount the engine on. Unchartered waters call for some trial and error I guess.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WV. FLYGUY Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:56 pm

Jason_WI wrote:That Sportsman .15 is out of a Comanche as it has the long needle valve. Nice engine. If you need to reset the piston ball socket sign up for the .15 reset tool loaner. I believe the tool is back in the states.  

Thanks for that info.. The engine is like new inside so I won't be needing that at the present. But you never no. Thanks for the heads up on that anyway.

Last edited by WV. FLYGUY on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
WV. FLYGUY
WV. FLYGUY
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WV. FLYGUY Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:58 pm

steve thornton wrote:I got one of these for my 9th birthday, over many decades ago, and put it on a Ringmaster Jr.  It made 2 laps and started to run backwards!  I still loved it and last year I sent it to Bernie and he gave it a good cleaning and I hope to try it next spring on an AkroMaster...or some other really cool plane.  
Beautiful motor Jason!

Thanks Jason. I appreciate the kind words ....
WV. FLYGUY
WV. FLYGUY
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WV. FLYGUY Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:01 pm

dckrsn wrote:
WV. FLYGUY wrote:
Bob

Bob I did just looked at real closely with a magnifying glass and you are correct its marked... Thimble Drome on one blade and 6D-6P on the other blade. Very good eye my friend. So does this engine supposed to have a 8X4 originally?
Not necessarily Terry, the 6-6 on the Comanche was for a somewhat scale appearance.
If I recall correctly, the prop range for the Sportsman was 6 to 8 diameter, and 3.5 to 6
on the pitch. That makes for several dia-pitch combinations. Depends on the craft you
mount the engine on. Unchartered waters call for some trial and error I guess.
Bob

Thank you for the follow up. I guess if I ever run the thing on a plane trial and error will be the best bet here.. Thanks again for all you follow up's of my questions .....
WV. FLYGUY
WV. FLYGUY
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WV. FLYGUY Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:02 pm

steve thornton wrote:I got one of these for my 9th birthday, over many decades ago, and put it on a Ringmaster Jr.  It made 2 laps and started to run backwards!  I still loved it and last year I sent it to Bernie and he gave it a good cleaning and I hope to try it next spring on an AkroMaster...or some other really cool plane.  
Beautiful motor Jason!

Thanks JASON FOR THE WORDS... IT IS ONE OF, IF NOT MY FAVORITE IN MY COLLECTION....
WV. FLYGUY
WV. FLYGUY
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:10 am

WV. FLYGUY wrote:While taking pictures of the Rocket engine that I had a question with for the forum over in the other engines posts thought I'd take a few pictures of one of my favorite Cox engines in my collection. Thanks for looking.

You have a beautiful engine, here I could enjoy radio control, thanks to the help of 1/2 Nut, which indicated how to vary the speed of the engine and after doing the work, the result was great, I leave some videos, I hope you enjoy them, regards!

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  WV. FLYGUY Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:17 am

MauricioB wrote:
WV. FLYGUY wrote:While taking pictures of the Rocket engine that I had a question with for the forum over in the other engines posts thought I'd take a few pictures of one of my favorite Cox engines in my collection. Thanks for looking.

You have a beautiful engine, here I could enjoy radio control, thanks to the help of 1/2 Nut, which indicated how to vary the speed of the engine and after doing the work, the result was great, I leave some videos, I hope you enjoy them, regards!

WOW .... Very nice I really enjoyed that for sure. Thanks very much for sharing this with me.. Maybe some day I can get mine running that good... Thanks again my friend....

Last edited by RknRusty on Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed quoted media content for our low BW friends.)
WV. FLYGUY
WV. FLYGUY
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:35 am

WV. FLYGUY wrote:

WOW .... Very nice I really enjoyed that for sure. Thanks very much for sharing this with me.. Maybe some day I can get mine running that good... Thanks again my friend....

If you can friend! ... I repeat you have a beautiful engine and not everyone (I think) has enjoyed it in radio control, has a very even and stable gear, it is very safe and without bad surprises.
I think I should try at some point and that engine will make you smile for a long time!Thumbs Up RC Plane
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:56 am

Good flying, and I love the throaty grrrowwl from the Sportsman.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:24 am

Man thats a Nice looking engine there Terry , they do have a good sound to them in flight !! Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:25 am

RknRusty wrote:Good flying, and I love the throaty grrrowwl from the Sportsman.
Rusty

Hello Friend, I agree with you Rusty, the sound of the engine is beautiful, especially when I make passes at low speed or when I reduce the accelerator to land, it comes purring like an angry dog showing its teeth! ... haha Very Happy
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  WV. FLYGUY Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:13 am

MauricioB wrote:
WV. FLYGUY wrote:

If you can  friend! ... I repeat you have a beautiful engine and not everyone (I think) has enjoyed it in radio control, has a very even and stable gear, it is very safe and without bad surprises.
I think I should try at some point and that engine will make you smile for a long time!Thumbs Up RC Plane

Thank you for the kind words on the engine.. It is truely one of my favorites. And yes they do really sound " GREAT " .....
WV. FLYGUY
WV. FLYGUY
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WV. FLYGUY Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:14 am

RknRusty wrote:Good flying, and I love the throaty grrrowwl from the Sportsman.
Rusty

Thanks Rusty so true they do have their own sound for sure.....
WV. FLYGUY
WV. FLYGUY
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next