Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Cox_ba12

Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» How's the weather?
by HalfaDave Today at 1:02 pm

» Cox .35 and .40 in Nürnberg Toy Fair
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:57 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Today at 12:39 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Today at 12:23 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Today at 11:59 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 9:27 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 10:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:15 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:47 pm

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 11:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 9:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 7:46 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Empty
Live on Patrol

Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LOL Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat

Post  davidll1984 Mon May 16, 2022 10:59 pm

Building a gas powered windmill  With a new funny engine A new engine offered To me at a price that I could not refuse $$$ But above all very unconventional a funny design but with some interesting feature for what it is lol!  I don't want to say too much but it's a four stroke I will modify it to improve the performance a little Say make it more reliable Huh... and It is also water cooled. I will also build a boat for this engine is the plan with this engine so made this is made of old mécano parts from a 1900?? Kit Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Scree149
It was fun to build I changed the design a bit to use as a desktop fan Hot Hot Warm Clapping cheers

Last edited by davidll1984 on Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

LOL Re: Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat

Post  davidll1984 Tue May 17, 2022 6:00 pm

Laughing
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

LOL It starte D two second after

Post  davidll1984 Tue May 17, 2022 8:10 pm

lol! This is Not a cox engine
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

LOL Modification oil sistem

Post  davidll1984 Wed May 18, 2022 12:02 am

I made a litle modification To be able to Oil the gears the cam and the valve rod pushers piston The compartment is open behind the flywheel and does not connect with the crankcase wel yes Somehow but by a bering seeled Laughing this Litle tube is To fill up the gear compartment Huh... and The profile of the little cam was a little square, not quite round and was making a tiking noise wen just a turning wit the hand so i did a litle Polishing after breaking the sharp edge it was not Sharp but just Not quite Perfect now its al Good Cool Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  16528410
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  16528411
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  16528412
In the first video the engine does not start just one look aa the spark plug wire was not stripped on the end Doh! I plugged in then a flick of the finger And he started straight away and now after a litle run that Intake valve seal Good and the Litle engine has Good compression its so smal wel noting compare To a cox engine But I already like this little engine, not really powerful, but it's a detail that I'm going to remedy already. The louse that the crank had is much better for closing the gear and cam compartment. I used a litle bushing no leak wit m'y home made  Thrust washer and seal  now its Not loose I didn't want this engine to wear out prematurely Cause I plan to put it in a boat.    Popcorn To be continued
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed May 18, 2022 8:49 am

Popcorn Pretty neat stuff , i went to there web site and there is alot of engine/car kits . Looking forward to seeing you push some air . bounce
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Wed May 18, 2022 10:37 am

This morning I continue the modifications I install the two tubes to conceal the push rods That I'm going to weld to the little braket under the two rockers arm and seal on To gear casing wit hi temp gasket maker The only problem is that the oil that will go down there will stay stuck there I think i wil have To make a oil exit The only problem is that the oil that will go down there will stay stuck there I think Maybe a tube that connects the two plus another  tube to exit and return to the crankcases Huh... Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  16528810Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  16528811
Almost finish i stil tink of the other crankcase side bearing mabe made a spacer wit a washer so it has same play side To side Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2331
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Wed May 18, 2022 8:34 pm

More detail the two tubes on the push rods protects from dirt and retains the oil at a certain level to lubricate the two push rod pistons a small piece of tube joins the two tubes together and a longer one to let the. excess oil out  On the rocker covers (the valve cover, a tube for oiling   I sealed it with a cork gasket and high temperature gasket maker.  I adjusted the valves but not too tight it was very loose from factory now it can run super slow like 300 turn The sound Sounds like an old diesel engine Here's how it looks

more Litle modification Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2334
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sun May 22, 2022 10:15 pm

hello everyone  cheers   A new video will follow soon because I have modified the wind turbine, changed the configuration and modified the motor a little too and now the motor should be better This is what she looks like now look mutch bether Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2336

Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2335
Now its a A zombie apocalypse theme lol! The engine is placed in the center suspended seated on a platformBuilding a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2337
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Sun May 22, 2022 10:29 pm

super cool!
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon May 23, 2022 7:31 am

Good one David. Erector set parts?
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon May 23, 2022 8:13 am

Popcorn What are the 2 bottles with oil? for ? I thought it was a sealed oil reservoir other than the vent and fill . It is coming along !! Smoking
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Mon May 23, 2022 10:40 am

To answer you,rsv1cox it's a Mecano No. 6 kit from 1974 that I assembled without really following the instructions this morning, I made a small generator with two lights, I hope it will work with the two connected to the engine. And the two glass bottle It's kind of catch can One for the old used oil one serving as a kind of reserve but more complex The levels in this reserve are redistributed before each start and during use the oil level remains at a certain level and blocks the air from circulating in the cover which creates a vacuum in the cover to prevent oil from spilling in the valve guides Otherwise without the vacuum the engine makes a lot of smoke this is the litle generator Very Happy Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  16533110
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  16533111
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  16533112
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Mon May 23, 2022 1:46 pm

Popcorn lol!
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:03 am

As I said in the video the goal of all this experience was to convert this engine to install it in a boat it is already water cooled Would be perfect for an antique steamer-like boat Like one that would be converted to diesel It's hard to imagine but it's starting to take shape Popcorn cheers Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2340
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2341
The hull is straighter than it appears on the photo It is not finished the paint is not applied only last or almost when I will have finished the interior add reinforcements the hull of the boat is thin is still a little flexible that I could change the width of the bow a little I have already started to install reinforcements for the tower made of tortured wood that I had to form by boiling them, installing them on the other boat, which is already very solid, bending them, fixing them with clamps. I take pictures of my progress today but tomorrow at this point I'm still looking for inspiration to build this boat with a minimum but that it looks like a real one I, who don't know much about boats, am a bit lost What I mean is that I have no experience of real boats and different styles associate them with the right period in time so that it can be realistic I want the motor to be visible expose it well in the center so that it can be seen Huh... I am actively researching boats in general, looking at different models, seems very beautiful to me, but not really what I have in mind, the hardest thing is to succeed in doing everything at scale and cimetricBuilding a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2342
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:28 am

I was very busy today no time I forgot to take pictures I put some kind of paint on the inside I put a bit on the outside to better see the defects when I go to resand it a I just took the picture tomorrow I will have to move faster if I want to finish this summerBuilding a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2344
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2343
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2345
I protected the part of the wooden skeleton inside the hull before painting It's just to avoid that the other pieces are difficult to stick to the pieces already installed when I'm finished the painting will not be really visible it will be covered with wood For the moment very light I'm almost afraid of being too light once finished in fact !! Doh! Just with this beginning of skeleton the hull becomes more rigid I think the hardest part is yet to come. Huh... I am thinking about how this boat will end and hope that it is worth all the trouble I give myself saying that it would be easier to buy a hull already made but it would not be the same chape I already have a name for him It will be.... Petit président With an emblem of a small drawing coat of arms Who should add to the final look I think it will look old but a bit luxurious or a simple rowboat I am unsure of what will happen next lol!
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:53 pm

A bit of progress but I'm working on another one waiting for parts Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2348
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2349
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2347
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:02 pm

The other is a hydroplane with a jet lookBuilding a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2352
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2351
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2350
I made my own flywheel drive schaft and coper tube wit nylon bushing inside I made threads in the driveschaft to screw in the flywheel seems better than with a flexible cable but I think it will vibrate Huh...
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:16 am

WOW Daved your all over the place building boats // how will you start the one you show as speed boat ? Looks very close to get a starter rubber around the flywheel . I hope it works for you with this much work into it Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:08 pm

More work on the big little Prince boat made a new engine plate suport modification of dog bonne drive cup universal joint thrust washer and bearing in the stuffing tube
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2354
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2353
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  16563510
As I had planned for the moment the boat is too light I would like to install a gearbox with different speeds and a reverse It would be faster and more convenient with a reverse gear Huh... I'll have to think about that
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:05 pm

I enjoy your projects David. You have an active mind.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:42 am

rsv1cox wrote:I enjoy your projects David.  You have an active mind.

Bob
Thank you bob, I have progressed a bit more And starts to take shape at some point it looks like a rowboat But now with the engine installed I can see more where I'm going Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2356
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2357
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2355
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:08 pm

Slowly I progress Here is recent progress Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2359
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2360
The foredeck of the boat is removable Could be a location for the receiver and batry pack
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:40 am

It floats way too well not deep enough lol! But he is not finished so he should be able and should move fast Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2362
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2361
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2363
Much remains to be done I alsoq made the threads in the flywheel for the set srew
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:26 pm

First test Canada Day Flag Fireworks lol!
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:39 am

It's going well and looks more and more like a fishing trawler or a tow boat or a crab fishing boat I don't know but it's coolBuilding a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2364
Building a gas powered windmill and now a boat  Img_2365
There are still a lot of details to do and I had a small problem that I lost a lot of time figuring out what the problem was. The radio receiver worked perfectly but as soon as I started the engine the servos went crazy moving in all directions no matter what even with all the electronics and servos outside the boat several feet away the engine was causing interference I ended up finding thanks to a flying lama who had made a short video explaining the same problem with a very simple solution it was The spark plug cap Inside its just a piece of wire I made a small modification and now everything works look the vidéo explain how i fix this 4th of July Flag Fireworks cheers
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next