Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

"Things you can't do anymore" - Model Train Forum Cox_ba12

"Things you can't do anymore" - Model Train Forum Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Indexing COX cylinders
by balogh Today at 1:10 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Cox International Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 7:43 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

"Things you can't do anymore" - Model Train Forum Empty
Live on Patrol

"Things you can't do anymore" - Model Train Forum

Go down

"Things you can't do anymore" - Model Train Forum Empty "Things you can't do anymore" - Model Train Forum

Post  rsv1cox Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:38 pm

Every now and then I check in over there.

Yesterday I found the above titled thread. Two pages and growing of "I can't feel my feet", "I can't hear", "I can't do this and that" etc. etc.

So I contributed this:

Get off your pity pots Nancys........ Quote Frank Barone - Everybody loves Raymond sometime in the distant past.

Your still alive ain't ya. Old saying ...There's nothing to it but to do it! Never give up, never give up.

I turned 85 last month. Require no meds. Still on a tractor and use a chain saw most every week. ATV for most everything else. Never give up, never give in.

Ok, so I'm lucky, that could all come to an end tomorrow. All right with me.

I don't mean to belittle anyones ailments, Lord knows at 85 I have a few but I have always followed - When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Maladies are just a part of advancing age. Be thankful for every day.

I must say today is a trial. Nasty, sleet, cold 34 degrees taking my daily 1/4 mile walk down to the mailbox and looking forward to another four months of this my optimism hurt.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

"Things you can't do anymore" - Model Train Forum Empty Re: "Things you can't do anymore" - Model Train Forum

Post  Marleysky Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:31 am

Every day is a brand new day. Happy Day Happy life. YUP, back hurts, knees won't bend, fingers won't grip, eyes won't focus, feet hurt to walk.  I'm on the green side ( snowy today) of the ground. Sunny side up! Takes all day to do what I used to do all day!! I don't care I'm not going anywhere I don't wanna go. Looks like I might just catch up to you according to US/SSA:
https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/longevity.cgi
Must be doing good.
The IRS pushed the date for RMD's from age 70.5 to 72 years, so I can let my investments "grow" a bit longer. lol!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

"Things you can't do anymore" - Model Train Forum Empty Re: "Things you can't do anymore" - Model Train Forum

Post  cstatman Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:10 pm

RSV Bob - just so you know, your photos inspire me, and keep me chugging along every day.

3 more years, get my kid outta high school and started in college? and I'm moving full-time to my ranch in CO. I'll be ~61 then.

It's covered in Juniper/Cedar trees. A pal of mine and his wife are living in the main house, as they build THEIR retirement house out there. He has already cut a 2 mile figure 8 shaped walking trail. There is already a pole barn big enough for indoor flight. It has a large flat field for u-control and free flight. Plenty of land around for OHV dirtbikes and quads. Town full of retired wimmen, cause, ya know... single guys gotta be single Very Happy

I plan to start chainsawing the junipers into "giant" bonsai trees, clearing out a lot of the sage and scrub with tractor and chainsaw, to give me stuff to do.

Knees hurt, Shoulder hurts, back hurts, on BP meds test, to bring down, then see if I can keep down with diet and exercise, and get off meds. Young life as motorcycle racer was not kind to my body.

But as I restore planes, or other boxes cool toys came in, or work on cars and bikes? I think about all the guys like YOU - still doing awesome and creative things daily, and I know - active and working with brains, back and hands? thats how to keep it going.

thank YOU - for inspiring me to do stupid things, and stay away from the television! Smile

cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:10 pm

Bunch of wimps over there on the MTF. We may go around in circles here, but we're tough. Smile Smile
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:55 pm

I am a little slow at commenting to others when they express the pains of life they are currently going through. The reason is there are a lot of lonely people there. Unfortunately, our society today is not the benevolent society of 100 years ago, where deacons knew more than Christian pastors today. Many of the churches have lost their savor of the love of Christ. Then and even 100 years prior, a lot of the various societies were based on the Christian principles of benevolence, considering others along with our needs and helping where we are able.

"Things you can't do anymore" - Model Train Forum 2021-011
Extraño los tiempos viejos cuando los ricos de mil millones de dólares tendrían los proyectos a construir 2 500 bibliotecas públicas o escuelas para los niños huérfanos.

The government has replaced the churches, everyone is expecting help from the government to meet their needs.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down