Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


Cox works tuned engines  - Page 2 Cox_ba12




Cox works tuned engines  - Page 2 Pixel

Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Remember the Micro Stick from about 10 years ago?
by dondaniels59 Today at 7:30 pm

» Super Bee 049
by Oldenginerod Today at 4:02 pm

» 50 weight cadtor
by roddie Today at 3:46 pm

» Mecoa Cox pt19
by roddie Today at 2:00 pm

» The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights
by Kim Today at 1:07 pm

» A song by Roddie
by HalfaDave Today at 10:33 am

» Flying lines and length
by Ken Cook Today at 8:07 am

» A couple more new to me.
by roddie Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» High compression head
by roddie Yesterday at 4:34 pm

» Like potato chips, you can't stop at just one.......or a dozen or two.
by Coxfledgling Yesterday at 3:27 pm

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 1:42 pm

» Spitzy 8 ? O&r
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 11:05 am

Cox Engine of The Month
February-2024
1/2A Nut's

"RC Speed Boat Power Drive TD .020"

More info on this engine!




PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery


Cox works tuned engines  - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol


Cox works tuned engines

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cox works tuned engines  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox works tuned engines

Post  balogh Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:52 am

HalfaDave wrote:Hi All,
 I have two 70s era TD.049s that are broken in. (for a twin)
I would love to know the extra rpms/hp you get from fancy Cox.049 setups.
But,
I am having fun with single port Cox.049s.
75% of the ultimate power? No big deal.
Fire it up, go flying,
Take care,
Have fun,
Dave

Dave, listen to my COX red postage backplate reedie sing at >28k with Kamtechnik head.

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t13833-quickie-100-rc-flight-video?highlight=Quickie+100
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Posts : 4691
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 65
Location : Budapest Hungary

Back to top Go down

Cox works tuned engines  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox works tuned engines

Post  davidll1984 Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:07 pm

I was reading the recipe for high performance fuel and I noticed this 2% propane oxide nitro propane I have already mentioned its use here in my own recipe and I was told that it was not recognized as a good product to use with nitro engines No! It's funny to see that when the information comes from a more recognized source, people believe and accept it more easily than when it's a pure unknown guy who says it. Shh Paranoid This is part of the secret of the speed pros Cool Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2131
Join date : 2020-02-12
Age : 39
Location : shawinigan

Back to top Go down

Cox works tuned engines  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox works tuned engines

Post  davidll1984 Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:56 pm

Here for people like me who like to understand Here is it have a look at what sort of advantage the fuel cheater can expect to gain from using these materials. Here is a link for those who would like to compare the different components used in different fuel recipes sheet with all necessary information for PROPYLENE OXIDE    NITROPROPANE  ETHYL ETHER  TOLUENE AND XYLENE and 1,4 DIOXANE All different compounds with similar properties posible increase performance

   https://foxvalleykart.com/fuel6.html
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2131
Join date : 2020-02-12
Age : 39
Location : shawinigan

Back to top Go down

Cox works tuned engines  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox works tuned engines

Post  sosam117 Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:38 pm

davidll1984 wrote:Here for people like me who like to understand Here is it have a  look at what sort of advantage the fuel cheater can expect to gain from using these materials.  Here is a link for those who would like to compare the different components used in different fuel recipes sheet with all necessary information for PROPYLENE OXIDE    NITROPROPANE  ETHYL ETHER  TOLUENE AND XYLENE and 1,4 DIOXANE All different compounds with similar properties posible increase performance

   https://foxvalleykart.com/fuel6.html

Where/when do we insert the laughing gas into the mix? Very Happy Huh... Laughing
Or is it used just in the funny cars? Huh...
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1204
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

Cox works tuned engines  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox works tuned engines

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:49 pm

sosam117 wrote:Or is it used just in the funny cars? Huh...
There must be a reason why they call those cars, "funny". lol! lol! lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Posts : 5127
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Cox works tuned engines  - Page 2 Empty Cox works tuned engines

Post  Paulgibeault Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:30 pm

It turns out in North America anyways, the fuel for ALL 1/2A C/L speed events (and all other classes except for jet) has been mandated for a long time. The only glow fuel allowed nowadays is contest supplied 10% nitro, 20% lubricant (can be a castor /syn mix or pure ingredients) and the balance being methanol. The days of using specially blended hot fuels in C/L speed are long over.  I don't know about the Free Flight classes.

** Note: 1/2A AMA racing currently allows unrestricted fuel but a proposal has been filed this year to restrict Class 1 Mouse Race to 35% nitro, 20% oil & the balance methanol. Just as well I think as this fuel is much safer to be around than some of the unlimited mixes + some of these hot ingredients are no longer being sold to the general public. (i.e. Ether & propylene oxide)


davidll1984 wrote:I was reading the recipe for high performance fuel and I noticed this 2% propane oxide nitro propane I have already mentioned its use here in my own recipe and I was told that it was not recognized as a good product to use with nitro engines No!  It's funny to see that when the information comes from a more recognized source, people believe and accept it more easily than when it's a pure unknown guy who says it. Shh Paranoid This is part of the secret of the speed pros Cool Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049
Paulgibeault
Paulgibeault
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 259
Join date : 2011-09-24
Location : Leduc, Alberta Canada

Back to top Go down

Cox works tuned engines  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox works tuned engines

Post  --Oz-- Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:43 pm

sosam117 wrote:
Where/when do we insert the laughing gas into the mix? Very Happy Huh... Laughing
Or is it used just in the funny cars? Huh...

Top Fuel (TF) is nitro not nitrous oxide, but pun was funny. Very Happy
--Oz--
--Oz--
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 154
Join date : 2019-08-01
Location : Newport Beach, CA

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=91160

Back to top Go down

Cox works tuned engines  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox works tuned engines

Post  davidll1984 Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:45 am

In a competition involving any engine we often see attempts to cheat, for example say a free flight competition or for the longest flight time having a fuel that provides more performance or burns less quickly allowing a better flight time. Same thing in the automotive world Good fuel can allow you to do more lap before needing refueling Knowing the differences between different components well and using them well can give a very big advantage in certain competitions.
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2131
Join date : 2020-02-12
Age : 39
Location : shawinigan

Back to top Go down

Cox works tuned engines  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox works tuned engines

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum