Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

New to me Planes Cox_ba12

New to me Planes Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

New to me Planes Empty
Live on Patrol

New to me Planes

Go down

New to me Planes Empty New to me Planes

Post  Yabby Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:00 pm

An old bike racing mate of mine who lives in the city also flies CL planes and flies with a club in Adelaide. He was scoring at the South Oz CL titles this weekend and managed to score me a pair of Ukrainian Combat planes. He got the pair for me for $100 Ozzy, about $70 US. Complete and ready to fly, I just need to add the engine, lines and fuel and Im off.

New to me Planes Cplane10

Hopefully they will fly ok on with my OS 15 and Enya 15 glow engines, might have to fly them on 40/42 ft lines as I think engines might be a fraction underpowered. But I am very excited as these will be the first really good combat wings I have owned and can fly since I was young and I know these planes definately perform! These I will be able to do Lazy 8s and inverted on and if not it will be me thats the problem not the plane. Hopefully I can fly them on 52 ft wire lines. That would be really cool if I can.

Hardest part will be launching, either I wait quite a while to fly them in adelaide with someone to hand launch them or I mod the planes and my launch table to be able to launch them from the table. I havent launched any planes with 15s from the table. Should work just as well as it does with my 049 engines. Just might need to secure the table to the ground a bit better. Will have to wait for new lines and a new handle so probably wait till I can get to the city and get them hand launched. But I am quite Excited to be going to have a go at flying some proper planes instead of the rough jiggers I build and fly. lol! cheers sunny Thumbs Up
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

New to me Planes Empty Re: New to me Planes

Post  getback Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:39 am

I don't know about Lazy 8s but you will bee doing some maneuvers for sure , Nice looking pair , did you get a throttle control handle with them too / I see one in the pic . As for the launch let me see if I can find it >>> https://www.coxengineforum.com/t1189-control-line-stooge Here it is ! Snowman
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:27 pm

hi Eric, no I didnt get a throttle handle and I will just run them combat style with my OS 15 flat out. The stooge link is interesting thanks. Thumbs Up Many are similar to the launch table with a stooge I use. I will probably just beef that up to handle the new planes and the OS 15 or only fly them in the City when I have someone to launch them for me. The OS 15 makes a lot more power than 049 so the table will need beefing up and securing to the ground better than its current setup. But they should be fun to fly. Airplane cheers Thumbs Up
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Michpatriot Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:02 pm

Nice score!!! The 15 engine may also not be heavy enough to balance without weight..I had thought of it myself as I'm a bit out of my experience level with this wing..I received one similar wing recently and luckily had a O.S. 25FP sitting around..can't wait till warm weather..the both of us will be flying Ukrainian wings for the first time soon!!!New to me Planes 20230211
Michpatriot
Michpatriot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:11 pm

Hi @Michpatriot , yes, the wing I have is meant to take a Fora 2.5CC diesel combat engine which will make a lot more power than my OS 15 and weighs more. finding the right COG with the engine position will be the trick. Hopefully it works out ok. At least they didnt cost a fortune. The fuel tanks, controls, and Aluminium milled engine mounts almost cover the cost of them anyway. I would rather I had .25 in it also as yours does, but Im not buying anymore engines lol! I think the .25 glow is the right engine for it.

hope you enjoy flying yours Thumbs Up I used to love flying combat wings when I was young in my teens and think I will enjoy flying these even if they are not quite setup right, they will be better than my TD slab - profiles, and I didnt have to build them. Thats a super good bonus for me with my shocking build skills. Laughing
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down