Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Time flies.. Cox_ba12

Time flies.. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Today at 2:48 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 12:38 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Admin Today at 10:31 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Time flies.. Empty
Live on Patrol

Time flies..

Go down

Time flies.. Empty Time flies..

Post  roddie Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:29 am

This past Monday (7/17) was my 10th anniversary here on the forum. I'd like to thank Jacob (Admin.) for all that he does here. I'd also like to thank all of "you" for your friendship and putting up with my antics. Although I have many projects started.. but not finished; I continue to be encouraged when I post about starting something new.

CEF has been and will continue to be.. a sanctuary for me. That's because of all you. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Small Cox Logo
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Time flies.. Empty Re: Time flies..

Post  Kim Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:19 am

roddie wrote:This past Monday (7/17) was my 10th anniversary here on the forum. I'd like to thank Jacob (Admin.) for all that he does here. I'd also like to thank all of "you" for your friendship and putting up with my antics. Although I have many projects started.. but not finished; I continue to be encouraged when I post about starting something new.

CEF has been and will continue to be.. a sanctuary for me. That's because of all you. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Small Cox Logo

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY RODDIE!!!!

...AND...

DITTO TO ALL THE ABOVE STATEMENTS!!!!

WE GOT THE MAGIC FOR SURE!!!!!

Time flies.. 9_46
Time flies.. 75147710

Time flies.. 111_113
Time flies.. Cox_qz16
Time flies.. Cox_qz15

Last edited by Kim on Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:26 am

I thought this post was in regards to one of my favorite airplanes Hawks Miller's HM-1 "Time Flies".
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:27 am

Kim wrote:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY RODDIE!!!![/b][/size][/color]

...AND...

DITTO TO ALL THE ABOVE STATEMENTS!!!!

WE GOT THE MAGIC FOR SURE!!!!!

Thank you Kim! I don't think there's a single photo that you've posted... that I don't have a copy of in my archives.

Last edited by roddie on Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:42 am

Thanks Roddie for valuable information. I'm glad to meet you in forum. Very Happy
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:58 am

Ken Cook wrote:                I thought this post was in regards to one of my favorite airplanes Hawks Miller's  HM-1 "Time Flies".

Ha Ha!! Hey Ken, As of last back-up.. my hobby (external drive) size was 25GB. A select collection of photos/ads/articles. I have many technical notes/info. from you saved in my archives. I consider them "pearls". Some were copy/pasted from CEF threads to MSWord documents and others were copy/pasted from PM's between us. Regardless; They've helped me with a LOT over the course of time. I hope that you know how much I appreciate that.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:02 am

Levent Suberk wrote:Thanks Roddie for valuable information. I'm glad to meet you in forum. Very Happy

Hi Levent, Thank you for all of your contributions here. I especially envy your skills with graphic-design.. and problem-solving.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:29 am

7766 posts and counting roddie, and I have probably read most of them. Thanks for contributing all these years. I have learned a lot regarding this hobby from you.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:46 am

I was trying to put a link to YouTube . The Flintstones Happy anniversary clip but It won’t let me Huh... So happy anniversary Roddie
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:07 pm

Happy anniversary roddie!…. I’ve enjoyed your posts and projects!…. Techy and Artsy..,, A great combination!!

Robert
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:29 am

Roddie, now everything seems simple, but a few years ago, to imagine being in contact almost instantly with someone on the other side of the planet was unthinkable, something really incredible.
I have repeated and commented many times the story of my first contact with someone from the United States through email, that person is you.
It was amazing to get a response, it was magical for me, we talked about a few years ago!
I believe that we are all connected with an era, with a moment, with something magical that clings to life itself, that's why we have clung to it and we don't let or want it to escape us, I'm talking about life itself, we want each year to extend and last two, we want to lengthen time, make it last longer... and it's because we are truly grateful to the universe, to God for this opportunity to exist.
Friend, thanks for answering me, because maybe you don't understand it or maybe you do understand it, but being connected with all of you transports me to an incredibly beautiful spiritual state. Thank you!
Here I leave you once again, my video for which Roddie helped me with information, that's how I started to control my Cox motors... Rodiee was my first step. United States Argentina
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:36 am

Happy anniversary Brother Roddie ! Its been a wild ride and plenty of fun to come / about time to run some engines and get the problems of life out of my little pea size brain Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:26 am

WooHoo! Ten years flies fast. I've enjoyed reading your threads.

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:24 pm

GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  HalfaDave Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:56 pm

Hi roddie,
Thanks for all your posts, here on CEF... Cool
I'm not much on this computer stuff, but,
Somehow,
I clicked on gg's sax solo, and read this thread... cool! Smile
I got a camera/cord/this laptop and l am still learning what a 'pain in the ass' posting pictures is. Smile
( I liked 35mm film, and the canisters that made great 1/2A Cox fuel tanks. )
I am learning,
I like that,
Thanks, everyone here on Cox Engine Forum !
Take care,
Have fun,
Dave

HalfaDave
HalfaDave
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:26 pm

Sorry I am a bit late to the party, but happy anniversary roddie!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:41 am

Congrats Roddie..I like all your threads, e.g. your home made, DIY stuff and the repurposing ideas are brilliant, way to go!
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:56 am

My friends!!!

rsv1cox wrote:7766 posts and counting roddie, and I have probably read most of them.  Thanks for contributing all these years. I have learned a lot regarding this hobby from you.

Bob

I've enjoyed your contributions as well Robert! On that note; I need to read the latest on your new zero-turn mower. I had a little Simplicity Yeoman tractor with a 36" tri-blade deck back in the 90's. I think it had an 8HP B & S vertical-shaft engine w/re-coil start. It came with the then house. There was also a snow-thrower attachment (single-stage) that bolted-on like a plow. I miss that little machine. It was maintainable.. and I enjoyed working on it. The mower-deck was easy to remove; lift-lower linkage disconnect, belt disconnect and pull the two front pins. The machine was light enough in the front-end; so that I could lift it high enough to be able to roll the machine backward and step over the deck. I replaced upper and lower mower-shaft bearings.. and had X2 sets of blades that got sharpened regularly. Lost in a divorce.

akjgardner wrote:I was trying to put a link to YouTube . The Flintstones Happy anniversary clip but It won’t let me Huh... So happy anniversary Roddie

Thank you Joe. I watched the clip! I remember that from when I was a kid!

rdw777 wrote:Happy anniversary roddie!…. I’ve enjoyed your posts and projects!…. Techy and Artsy..,, A great combination!!

Robert

Robert, I enjoy sharing.. and thank you for that description!

MauricioB wrote:Roddie, now everything seems simple, but a few years ago, to imagine being in contact almost instantly with someone on the other side of the planet was unthinkable, something really incredible.
I have repeated and commented many times the story of my first contact with someone from the United States through email, that person is you.
It was amazing to get a response, it was magical for me, we talked about a few years ago!
I believe that we are all connected with an era, with a moment, with something magical that clings to life itself, that's why we have clung to it and we don't let or want it to escape us, I'm talking about life itself, we want each year to extend and last two, we want to lengthen time, make it last longer... and it's because we are truly grateful to the universe, to God for this opportunity to exist.
Friend, thanks for answering me, because maybe you don't understand it or maybe you do understand it, but being connected with all of you transports me to an incredibly beautiful spiritual state. Thank you!
Here I leave you once again, my video for which Roddie helped me with information, that's how I started to control my Cox motors... Rodiee was my first step.  United States  Argentina

Mauricio! What can I say.. You are one of the most gracious souls that I've had the pleasure of communicating with.  I am also in AWE at your RC Aircraft piloting skills!

getback wrote:Happy anniversary Brother Roddie ! Its been a wild ride and plenty of fun to come / about time to run some engines and get the problems of life out of my little pea size brain Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049

Brother Eric!! Thank you!! Run them engines!!! Smoking  Smoking  I Love This Forum!

944_Jim wrote:WooHoo! Ten years flies fast. I've enjoyed reading your threads.

Jim, it sure does man. As of late; time seems to be at a breakneck speed. My time management skills suck.. and the older I get; the more it concerns me. At least I'm more aware of it.

George!! Thank you!! 01:37 on the counter.. you take FLIGHT!!!  Thumbs Up

HalfaDave wrote:Hi roddie,
Thanks for all your posts, here on CEF... Cool
I'm not much on this computer stuff, but,
Somehow,
I clicked on gg's sax solo, and read this thread... cool! Smile
I got a camera/cord/this laptop and l am still learning what a 'pain in the ass' posting pictures is. Smile
( I liked 35mm film, and the canisters that made great 1/2A Cox fuel tanks. )
I am learning,
I like that,
Thanks, everyone here on Cox Engine Forum !
Take care,
Have fun,
Dave

Hi Dave, I like the way you format your sentencing. Your laptop should recognize your camera when you connect via a USB cable to one of the laptop's USB ports. Create (and name) a folder on your desktop and drag or copy/paste your photos into that folder. When you want to post a photo in a thread on the forum, click the "Host an image" button on the pages' toolbar. This opens a dialog box with a "select files +" button. Clicking that button accesses the files/folders on your laptop/device. Look for desktop and select it. You should see your folder there. You can open it and select an image. Double-click or click "open" and the image's code will show in the dialog box. Then click the "send all" button and wait for a URL code to be assigned (a few seconds to process usually). Once you see the code, you can copy it. By copy; I mean to select/highlight it with the cursor, then "right-click" (for a MSWindows op. system) to open a menu box where you click the option "copy". This temporarily saves that file in your computer's clipboard. Now click the "Insert Image" button on the pages' toolbar. Another dialog box will open. Click the "URL" box (top) and then "right-click" to open the menu box where you now click "paste" which transfers your file (code) there. Then click the "insert" button (same box-bottom) which places that code on the page for you. To check to see if it worked.. click the threads "Preview" button.

NEW222 wrote:Sorry I am a bit late to the party, but happy anniversary roddie!

Hi Chancey!! Better late than never buddy! Thank you for the wishes. Hoping that we'll all be around for a LOT longer to share each others tales and travels!!

balogh wrote:Congrats Roddie..I like all your threads, e.g. your home made, DIY stuff and the repurposing ideas are brilliant, way to go!

Andras! Thank you my friend. You have been a constant inspiration to me.. especially with your devotion to the Cox brand!!  Small Cox Logo
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down