Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.  Cox_ba12

Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 4:16 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by MauricioB Today at 3:43 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 12:27 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 10:11 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.  Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.

Go down

Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.  Empty Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.

Post  Preston Grey Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:29 pm

Hi, just joined the forum so forgive me if this isn’t the correct way to pose a question. I have an old Command Jeep with the .49 recoil engine. My buddy I got it from told me when he got it as a kid in the 70s it came with the wrong engine. As-in the warehouse packed the wrong engine, or partly wrong engine. It definitely does not fit in the housing slot on the chassis. It seems as though I could change out a part or two as most of the engine looks to be correct. I’m having a heck of a time sorting this out and am including a photo with the hopes you guys can “steer” me in the right direction! Thanks!
Preston Grey
Preston Grey
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.  Empty Re: Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.

Post  Preston Grey Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:31 pm

Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.  Img_3710Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.  Img_3711
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20546102/1]
Preston Grey
Preston Grey
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.  Empty Re: Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.

Post  Preston Grey Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:35 pm

I have a side-by-side comparison of what I think the correct engine is and the engine I currently have. Still learning the names of parts here—very new to this—it looks like rear section where the fuel line connects is too large on my engine. I mean, I know it’s too large, because it doesn’t fit, yet seems as though I may be able to swap out a few parts there. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Preston Grey
Preston Grey
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Preston Grey Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:38 pm

Again, not sure if the first engine up there is even the correct engine-it’s just what I found online so far. The other engine is a photo of mine. Hope it helps. Thanks
Preston Grey
Preston Grey
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:53 pm

Welcome to the forum.

I'd be surprised if it left the factory with that tanked engine as it wouldn't even fit in it. It's possible the original engine was sent off for repair and the factory accidentally sent that one back in mistake.

The original engine has what is called a "horseshoe" backplate. You can buy a horseshoe backplate and replace the tank on the engine you currently have with the horseshoe backplate and then it will fit in the Jeep.

https://coxengines.ca/back-end/cox--049-backplate-assembly.html

http://www.exmodelengines.com/product.php?productid=17896&cat=268&page=1

Or you could search eBay and wait for a white one to come up if you want to keep the original look.

Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.  Imag2011_800x600

Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.  Cox_je10

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:10 am

You could also use this.
https://coxengines.ca/back-end/cox--049-backplate-red.html
It's a higher performance part and will need the correct needle purchased as well as a black flanged reed retainer.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox Command Jeep came with wrong engine from the factory. Need help piecing a correct one together.  Empty Thanks!

Post  Preston Grey Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:57 pm

Thank you for this, very helpful!
Preston Grey
Preston Grey
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down