Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
December-2017
1/2A Nut's

"Chrome Moly TD .020 RC"



PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Gallery


Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

[Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Allow guests to post topics and replies.

18% 18% 
[ 3 ]
35% 35% 
[ 6 ]
47% 47% 
[ 8 ]
 
Total Votes : 17

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  SuperDave on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:32 am

In final summation I would paraphrase US President John F. Kennedy upon his inaugeration in 1961:

"Ask NOT what your forum can do for you but what YOU can do for your forum."

Pretty clear that JFK would have registered.
avatar
SuperDave
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  nitroairplane on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:30 am

SuperDave wrote:In final summation I would paraphrase US President John F. Kennedy upon his inaugeration in 1961:

"Ask NOT what your forum can do for you but what YOU can do for your forum."

Pretty clear that JFK would have registered.

Dave I said that when advertising this site on RCU and RCG.
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  nitroairplane on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:32 am

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1486778
I was first to paraphrase it like that.
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  SuperDave on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:43 am

Well then Nitro, geat minds think alike. We need't quibble over who said what to whom or when.

BTW, JFK was OUR President rather that YOUR Prime Minister. Do I not have a territoral claim to CITE JFK? Hand Shake

avatar
SuperDave
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  GermanBeez on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:54 am

how and when did this comment section turn into a philosophy and politics class??? Very Happy
i just love how you guys can develop such a highly complex discussion out of
"should guests be allowed to post in the forum"
it amazes me everytime...
but, do go on- i like to watch Popcorn
avatar
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 1167
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Bavaria, Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  SuperDave on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:09 pm

GermanBeez wrote:how and when did this comment section turn into a philosophy and politics class??? Very Happy
i just love how you guys can develop such a highly complex discussion out of
"should guests be allowed to post in the forum"
it amazes me everytime...
but, do go on- i like to watch Popcorn

beez:

Perhaps it's you spartan Teutonic sentiments coming out; no flourishs but straight to the point. We here are more open to exploring ideas as throughly as possible. Nine? Laughing
avatar
SuperDave
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  nitroairplane on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:24 pm

SuperDave wrote:
GermanBeez wrote:how and when did this comment section turn into a philosophy and politics class??? Very Happy
i just love how you guys can develop such a highly complex discussion out of
"should guests be allowed to post in the forum"
it amazes me everytime...
but, do go on- i like to watch Popcorn

beez:

Perhaps it's you spartan Teutonic sentiments coming out; no flourishs but straight to the point. We here are more open to exploring ideas as throughly as possible. Nine? Laughing

actually its Nein. we can get into a convo about that now lol!
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  Admin on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:03 pm

It looks like more people want to remove guest posting from Cox Discussions and allow them to only post in a special area. I'll work on this sometime this week. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!


Admin
avatar
Admin
Administrator

Posts : 4442
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : Roseville/St.Paul Minnesota, USA

View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  SuperDave on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:32 pm

Just don't expect very many responses to guest questions.

Kindness only goes so far. Who ever said that learning was easy?
avatar
SuperDave
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  Admin on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:53 pm

SuperDave wrote:Just don't expect very many responses to guest questions.

Kindness only goes so far. Who ever said that learning was easy?

You have the option to reply to guests if you want. We don't get that many guest posters anyway so don't expect it to fill up in a minute.
avatar
Admin
Administrator

Posts : 4442
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : Roseville/St.Paul Minnesota, USA

View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  nitroairplane on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:39 am

Admin wrote:
SuperDave wrote:Just don't expect very many responses to guest questions.

Kindness only goes so far. Who ever said that learning was easy?

You have the option to reply to guests if you want. We don't get that many guest posters anyway so don't expect it to fill up in a minute.

I will definitely Help where I can in guest section.


Last edited by nitroairplane on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  SuperDave on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:06 am

"defiantly" ????

Who will you be defiying? Shocked




Last edited by SuperDave on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
SuperDave
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  nitroairplane on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:13 am

Oops lol I meant definitely.
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  SuperDave on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:18 am

Normally I overlook spelling errors but in this case your error gives a false impression of your good nature.

(I make spelling errors too but will challenge those that give a false impression)
avatar
SuperDave
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  nitroairplane on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:36 pm

SuperDave wrote:Normally I overlook spelling errors but in this case your error gives a false impression of your good nature.

(I make spelling errors too but will challenge those that give a false impression)

Its just hard when you are using an Iphone with fingers as large as mine. lol!
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  Admin on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:42 am

As of today...Guests can no longer post in Cox Discussions!
avatar
Admin
Administrator

Posts : 4442
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : Roseville/St.Paul Minnesota, USA

View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  nitroairplane on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:44 pm

Admin wrote:As of today...Guests can no longer post in Cox Discussions!

Well it is done we have a guest section great a bit like a "lite" version of an app
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Poll Ended] Should guests be allowed to post in Cox Discussions

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum