Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Some observations. Cox_ba12

Some observations. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Irvine Mills .75 replica
by ffkiwi Today at 4:43 am

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by 1/2A Nut Today at 4:32 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (October 2024)
by Admin Today at 1:33 am

» Happy Birthday Robert ( Rsv1cox )
by balogh Today at 1:06 am

» Carburetor Sprinkler Rod Peak Tee Dee .049 / .051
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:02 pm

» OS MAX-D
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:38 pm

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by getback Yesterday at 3:22 pm

» Cox .020 PeeWee/TeeDee prop-screw
by getback Yesterday at 7:55 am

» Wanted peewee 20 fuel tank
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:40 pm

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -October 2024-
by Admin Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:33 pm

» Off topic - Tonka dump truck restoration. 10:27
by rsv1cox Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Some observations. Empty
Live on Patrol

Some observations.

Go down

Some observations. Empty Some observations.

Post  nitroairplane Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Read it it's funny wish I wrote it.
The English Language Have you ever wondered why foreigners have trouble with the English Language? Let's face it English is a stupid language. There is no egg in the eggplant No ham in the hamburger And neither pine nor apple in the pineapple. English muffins were not invented in England French fries were not invented in France. We sometimes take English for granted But if we examine its paradoxes we find that Quicksand takes you down slowly Boxing rings are square And a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig. If writers write, how come fingers don't fing. If the plural of tooth is teeth Shouldn't the plural of phone booth be phone beeth If the teacher taught,Why didn't the preacher praught. If a vegetarian eats vegetables What the heck does a humanitarian eat!?Why do people recite at a play Yet play at a recital? Park on driveways and Drive on parkways You have to marvel at the unique lunacy Of a language where a house can burn up as It burns down And in which you fill in a form By filling it out And a bell is only heard once it goes! English was invented by people, not computers And it reflects the creativity of the human race(Which of course isn't a race at all)That is why When the stars are out they are visible But when the lights are out they are invisible And why it is that when I wind up my watch It starts But when I wind up this observation,It ends.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Some observations. Empty Re: Some observations.

Post  SuperDave Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:44 pm

If you think English is obtuese try Japanese! Loaded with nuances, it has differential language for the aged, older and younger workmates, men and women, superior and inferior associates and lots more.

Sayonara,

SDsan
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cz10 Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:51 pm

I remember taking my grandson, Sage, out to the garden a couple of years ago and pointing out the various plants. It was early on the summer and I said " that's an orange tree " and he gave me a puzzled look... The oranges were of course not ripe and a nice green color along of the leaves - nothing orange about it. Then we went over to the herbs and I pointed ou Sage.... I think he thought pop-pop had gone around the bend.
Cz10
Cz10
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:33 am

SuperDave wrote:If you think English is obtuese try Japanese! Loaded with nuances, it has differential language for the aged, older and younger workmates, men and women, superior and inferior associates and lots more.

Sayonara,

SDsan

yeah Japenese is a confusing one but at least there are rules in English pretty much every word is an anommalie.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GermanBeez Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:41 am

actually, english is considered to be a VERY easy to lear language in germany. everyone, mind you EVERYONE
can speak at least a little bit english. ootherwise, we would have real problems at the oktoberfest.
the problem is that the bavarians (south germans) don't always return the facour of making themselves clear.
we bavarians also speak pretty much our own language, and all hopes of an american trying to communicate
with one are utterly shattered as soon as he responds "wos homs g'sogt??? redns doch bittschen a bissl klora.
i versteh sie ned." bavarians won't try to talk back in normal german. its pretty evil.
GermanBeez
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:44 am

I was utterly astounded by the degree of English proficiency in Europe; it was though I never left home!

One of the factors in understanding a lanuage is the cultural mindset in which it is used. Mindsets generally may be divided in two categories: eastern and western; there a far more similarities in lanuages of the western world than languages of the eastern world due to cultural differences.

Most Eurpoeans are multilingual where as most American's aren't. Therein lies a puzzle beyond discussion here.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  GermanBeez Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:49 am

SuperDave wrote:I was utterly astounded by the degree of English proficiency in Europe; it was though I never left home!
sadly that's not true for all...take the french- they can't and will not speak in any
other language with you than their own. its terrible!
GermanBeez
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:01 am

GermanBeez wrote:
SuperDave wrote:I was utterly astounded by the degree of English proficiency in Europe; it was though I never left home!
sadly that's not true for all...take the french- they can't and will not speak in any
other language with you than their own. its terrible!

The French in particular Parisians won't speak other languages but the english are far worse.
We go somewhere and expect them to speak english and we expected our visitors to speak English too and most are impatient when they can't.
I am not originally english buy unfortunatle have adopted many english habbits.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down