Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Cox_ba12




If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Pixel

Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie tears-down his recent bench-run engine
by gkamysz Today at 9:12 am

» K&B Torp Jr 035 glow plug(s)
by ncpiperpilot Today at 5:20 am

» Scientific Gulfhawk
by duaneh Today at 1:21 am

» Sold out Cox .049 silencers for sale
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:19 pm

» Does this book interest anyone?
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 6:13 pm

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 3:47 pm

» Gut instinct
by Onelife Tue May 21, 2024 5:39 pm

» My Cox .049 reedy with a Galbreath head and Nelson plug
by F4D Phantom II Tue May 21, 2024 11:03 am

» audio-tach anyone?
by roddie Mon May 20, 2024 9:09 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Mon May 20, 2024 8:16 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by fit90 Mon May 20, 2024 7:34 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery


If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty
Live on Patrol


If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Go down

If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Post  microflitedude Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:47 am

.....make sure to check out "Ed's hobbyshop". It's a small shop, but it seems like they have everything. Covering, Sullivan fuel tanks, plastic models, RC planes and cars, paint, dope, and a handful of RC AP .049's! Which unfortunately were $60.

Bought a 1oz fuel tank and he gave me some screws. Free of charge.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3417
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 26
Location : Columbia, SC

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty Re: If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Post  nitroairplane Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:05 am

microflitedude wrote:.....make sure to check out "Ed's hobbyshop". It's a small shop, but it seems like they have everything. Covering, Sullivan fuel tanks, plastic models, RC planes and cars, paint, dope, and a handful of RC AP .049's! Which unfortunately were $60.

Bought a 1oz fuel tank and he gave me some screws. Free of charge.

I though that the smallest AP was .061
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty Re: If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Post  microflitedude Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:59 pm

nitroairplane wrote:
microflitedude wrote:.....make sure to check out "Ed's hobbyshop". It's a small shop, but it seems like they have everything. Covering, Sullivan fuel tanks, plastic models, RC planes and cars, paint, dope, and a handful of RC AP .049's! Which unfortunately were $60.

Bought a 1oz fuel tank and he gave me some screws. Free of charge.

I though that the smallest AP was .061

Whoops, my bad. AP hornet .061.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3417
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 26
Location : Columbia, SC

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty Re: If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Post  RknRusty Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:09 pm

I've been to Ed's Hobby Shop. We rented a front beach house at Pawleys Island one Thanksgiving week and I took a couple of planes. I popped a glowplug, the first time I've ever had one fail. We drove 25 miles up the coast to MB and found his little store. I've dropped in a couple of times and wondered if it was still there. Glad to know it is. Otherwise, Myrtle Beach is a good one to stay away from. When I think of the beach in South Carolina, I think of long stretches of sand and surf, salt marshes and blue crabs, oyster banks, whiting and black drum, herons, egrets and ospreys... and bikinis. When i think of Myrtle beach, I think of roller coasters, footlong hotdogs, rednecks, motorcycles and auto exhaust and noise. Kind of like the state fair, only more sickening because it's permanent.

_________________
Don't Panic!
...and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!


My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 10869
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 68
Location : South Carolina, USA

Back to top Go down

If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty Re: If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Post  nitroairplane Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:51 am

RknRusty wrote:I've been to Ed's Hobby Shop. We rented a front beach house at Pawleys Island one Thanksgiving week and I took a couple of planes. I popped a glowplug, the first time I've ever had one fail. We drove 25 miles up the coast to MB and found his little store. I've dropped in a couple of times and wondered if it was still there. Glad to know it is. Otherwise, Myrtle Beach is a good one to stay away from. When I think of the beach in South Carolina, I think of long stretches of sand and surf, salt marshes and blue crabs, oyster banks, whiting and black drum, herons, egrets and ospreys... and bikinis. When i think of Myrtle beach, I think of roller coasters, footlong hotdogs, rednecks, motorcycles and auto exhaust and noise. Kind of like the state fair, only more sickening because it's permanent.

I just nip down to Brighton or Dover when the weather is nice it's lovely.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty Re: If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Post  andrew Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:34 am

RknRusty wrote:When i think of Myrtle beach, I think of roller coasters, footlong hotdogs, rednecks, motorcycles and auto exhaust and noise.

Hey, wait a minute ....... Some of us can't help it. Very Happy
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1814
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 76
Location : Western Kentucky

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty Re: If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Post  RknRusty Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:44 pm

andrew wrote:
RknRusty wrote:When i think of Myrtle beach, I think of roller coasters, footlong hotdogs, rednecks, motorcycles and auto exhaust and noise.

Hey, wait a minute ....... Some of us can't help it. Very Happy
I meant myself included, sorry about that.
I'm a tire-smoke eatn', beer can crushin' loudmouth from way back!

_________________
Don't Panic!
...and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!


My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 10869
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 68
Location : South Carolina, USA

Back to top Go down

If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty Re: If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Post  SuperDave Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:14 pm

I can only add that if you are ever going SAN FRANCISCO:

"Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair" - Scott McKenzie - 1967 lol!

Yup, I was there as a student at UC/Davis but not as a "hippie". Ah, '67: "The Summer of Love" (and std's)

I return you now to Myrtle Beach.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

Back to top Go down

If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty Re: If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Post  nitroairplane Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:35 pm

SuperDave wrote:I can only add that if you are ever going SAN FRANCISCO:

"Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair" - Scott McKenzie - 1967 lol!

Yup, I was there as a student at UC/Davis but not as a "hippie". Ah, '67: "The Summer of Love" (and std's)

I return you now to Myrtle Beach.
And LSD lol!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty Re: If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Post  microflitedude Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:42 pm

RknRusty wrote:Myrtle Beach is a good one to stay away from. When I think of the beach in South Carolina, I think of long stretches of sand and surf, salt marshes and blue crabs, oyster banks, whiting and black drum, herons, egrets and ospreys... and bikinis. When i think of Myrtle beach, I think of roller coasters, footlong hotdogs, rednecks, motorcycles and auto exhaust and noise. Kind of like the state fair, only more sickening because it's permanent.

Hmm. People come from all across the country; California, even Quebec. Must be something inviting if people will come that far. It's sloped, lots of sand, not too many shells, and if you go in September like I did, the place is much more relaxed. Lower hotel rates, less traffic and noise, not as many people on the beach, not too hot, and the water isn't too cold.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3417
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 26
Location : Columbia, SC

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty Re: If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Post  nitroairplane Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:46 pm

microflitedude wrote:
RknRusty wrote:Myrtle Beach is a good one to stay away from. When I think of the beach in South Carolina, I think of long stretches of sand and surf, salt marshes and blue crabs, oyster banks, whiting and black drum, herons, egrets and ospreys... and bikinis. When i think of Myrtle beach, I think of roller coasters, footlong hotdogs, rednecks, motorcycles and auto exhaust and noise. Kind of like the state fair, only more sickening because it's permanent.

Hmm. People come from all across the country; California, even Quebec. Must be something inviting if people will come that far. It's sloped, lots of sand, not too many shells, and if you go in September like I did, the place is much more relaxed. Lower hotel rates, less traffic and noise, not as many people on the beach, not too hot, and the water isn't too cold.

I like it the way Rusty described it Just and Bikinis and its practically heaven.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty Re: If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Post  RknRusty Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:53 pm

MFDude is right. MB is much better in the off season. You can get a hotel room really cheap in the winter.

_________________
Don't Panic!
...and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!


My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 10869
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 68
Location : South Carolina, USA

Back to top Go down

If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty Re: If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Post  nitroairplane Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:19 pm

RknRusty wrote:MFDude is right. MB is much better in the off season. You can get a hotel room really cheap in the winter.

Sounds good but then it is bit far for me too travel for a winter weekend off Smile
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

If you're ever in Myrtle Beach..... Empty Re: If you're ever in Myrtle Beach.....

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum