Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

This Week's Ebay/Cox Fiscal Damage to my Toy Account ! Cox_ba12

This Week's Ebay/Cox Fiscal Damage to my Toy Account ! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by 944_Jim Today at 8:58 pm

» Tired of it all…
by Admin Today at 8:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 2:20 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

This Week's Ebay/Cox Fiscal Damage to my Toy Account ! Empty
Live on Patrol

This Week's Ebay/Cox Fiscal Damage to my Toy Account !

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This Week's Ebay/Cox Fiscal Damage to my Toy Account ! Empty This Week's Ebay/Cox Fiscal Damage to my Toy Account !

Post  Kim Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:24 am

Sitting here at my desk, I often wonder if Mr. Leroy Cox had any inkling of the continued impact his inspired and passionate imagination would have on his Latter Day Followers! Wouldn't it be something to know that your little mechanical creations would be so coveted by so many !

So, just to make sure that my Credit Union doesn't worry if I'm still alive, I fired a few rounds through my account this week to let them know I'm still ticking!

Not sure if the B.W. on the left is "Original" as it arrived with a #5 piston/cylinder combination! (check out the grove on the piston!) It'll probably go on the Beginners' Ringmaster Bipe that's awaiting my attentions...perhaps some extra strengthening of it's wing-struts/attachments is in order..........

The Tee Dee .15 will shortly be boosting my 3-Meter sailplane to scary heights, allowing me to keep photographic tabs on yonder sub-division...

This Week's Ebay/Cox Fiscal Damage to my Toy Account ! Black_10

Last edited by Kim on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

This Week's Ebay/Cox Fiscal Damage to my Toy Account ! Empty Re: This Week's Ebay/Cox Fiscal Damage to my Toy Account !

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:34 am

Kim wrote:Sitting here at my desk, I often wonder if Mr. Leroy Cox had any inkling of the continued impact of his inspired and passionate imagination on his Latter Day Followers! Wouldn't be something to know that your little mechanical creations would be so coveted by so many !

So, just to make sure that my Credit Union doesn't worry if I'm still alive, I fired a few rounds through my account this week to let them know I'm still ticking!

Not sure if the B.W. on the left is "Original" as it arrived with a #5 piston/cylinder combination! (check out the grove on the piston!) It'll probably go on the Beginners' Ringmaster Bipe that's awaiting my attentions...perhaps some extra strengthening of it's wing-struts/attachments is in order..........

The Tee Dee .15 will shortly be boosting my 3-Meter sailplane to scary heights, allowing me to keep photographic tabs on yonder sub-division...

This Week's Ebay/Cox Fiscal Damage to my Toy Account ! Black_10

Kim I think you'll fin that BW Is a .051 but I'm not sure it has the piston groov.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

This Week's Ebay/Cox Fiscal Damage to my Toy Account ! Empty Re: This Week's Ebay/Cox Fiscal Damage to my Toy Account !

Post  Kim Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:50 am

Yeah, just some humor on my part...It's a .51. May try to run it later today. Got a beautiful day, which also means my friends are buzzing around in their big toys, and causing me more than a little distraction !!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  shell shock Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:40 pm

I envy you... im at work
shell shock
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:47 pm

[quote="Kim"]Yeah, just some humor on my part...It's a .51. May try to run it later today. Got a beautiful day, which also means my friends are buzzing around in their big toys, and causing me more than a little distraction !![/quote

Lucky i hope you get good power out of them and i'm sure .051 PLs are rather rare.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:35 pm

shell shock wrote:I envy you... im at work

Hey! This is my first Saturday off in a month! SERIOUSLY considered taking a nap in the front-yard swing...but those never end well !!

Instead, I really cluttered up my engine table !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Kim wrote:

Hey! This is my first Saturday off in a month! SERIOUSLY considered taking a nap in the front-yard swing...but those never end well !!

Your neighbours will say "well after years of flying noisy planes on strings and spinning round in circles he's finally lost it" Smile
Anyway when ever i take naps on swings i wake up with a bad back Sad
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:05 pm

nitroairplane wrote:
Kim wrote:

Your neighbours will say "well after years of flying noisy planes on strings and spinning round in circles he's finally lost it" Smile

I find them quite enjoyable. Smile
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:30 pm

microflitedude wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:
Kim wrote:

I find them quite enjoyable. Smile
But then Matt you have young bones when I was about 18 I locked myself out of the house at night (completely sober) and was about to go to sleep on a swing when my GF said I could go to here house for the night and boy I'm glad because it would not have looked good to see bedraggled youth sleeping on a swing in the play park and if my parents sawe in that state probably would have been in........... But then I got in trouble anyway Sad but Smile
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:08 pm

"Your neighbours will say "well after years of flying noisy planes on strings and spinning round in circles he's finally lost it" Smile
Anyway when ever i take naps on swings i wake up with a bad back"

True Words !!!!!!!!!!!!! AND when I do something like that, there's also the obligatory time wasted as I stagger around the yard and try to figure out what the heck is going on...I can sleep rather deep...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:41 pm

I have this shirt.
http://store.northshoreshirts.com/ineednaptshirt.html

Scorched my fun money for this month,,or a very good portion of it. Ole Yukon, my golden lab had a tumor/cyst on his neck and it started to bleed. Fought it for 3 days with cleaning and applying Bag Balm to no avail (didn't know it was a tumor). Ran him to the vet for a bit of surgery and they took care of it. he's 15 dog years, so he's getting up there. The tail is still waggin, so he is still enjoying life for the most part. worth every penny spent.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:44 am

Golden Labs are my favourite dogs and I always wanted one but we don't have the space.

Kim they would think that you Over OD'd on coffee if that's possible.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:19 am

PV Pilot wrote:I have this shirt.
http://store.northshoreshirts.com/ineednaptshirt.html

Scorched my fun money for this month,,or a very good portion of it. Ole Yukon, my golden lab had a tumor/cyst on his neck and it started to bleed. Fought it for 3 days with cleaning and applying Bag Balm to no avail (didn't know it was a tumor). Ran him to the vet for a bit of surgery and they took care of it. he's 15 dog years, so he's getting up there. The tail is still waggin, so he is still enjoying life for the most part. worth every penny spent.

Totally know your turf there! I've got a (God help me) Pomeranian that's pushing 17...and don't want to even THINK of the funds spent keeping him ticking! He's the last remnant of my last marriage, but he IS my pal, and I take care of my pals...so I'm gonna keep him going as long as he's enjoying his life.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:26 am

nitroairplane wrote:Golden Labs are my favourite dogs and I always wanted one but we don't have the space.

Kim they would think that you Over OD'd on coffee if that's possible.

Now THAT could be ! Actually, I've got several friends over there who've appreciated my Aerial Photo Missions...and also know of my morning caffeine addiction!

This Week's Ebay/Cox Fiscal Damage to my Toy Account ! 12_11
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  shell shock Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:21 pm

WOW Kim, that looks beautiful! Spending my day off finishing my first build (home made trainer) and starting my second
(Guillows NA P-51) Its my first complex/ kit/ non-ARF/ non RTF build. Then and only then can Ally bombers fly in piece knowing that they have a P-51 flying along with them
shell shock
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:17 pm

shell shock wrote:WOW Kim, that looks beautiful! Spending my day off finishing my first build (home made trainer) and starting my second
(Guillows NA P-51) Its my first complex/ kit/ non-ARF/ non RTF build. Then and only then can Ally bombers fly in piece knowing that they have a P-51 flying along with them

God Speed, Shell Shock !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  shell shock Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:41 pm

roger!
shell shock
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:51 am

[quote="shell shock"]roger![/quote
Are you also building the guillows b-24 liberator to go with it:)
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  shell shock Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:09 am

While not the B-24, Im looking at a beautiful B-17. Its my fav bomber (even to present day tech). If i can get another flyer in my area, we could possibly do some formation flying. (after i become a better pilot).

http://hobbyhobby.com/store/product/262985/Boeing-B17G-Flying-Fortress/

this one i would make electric however. I think 4 engines would be abit tedious to trim to same speed

SS
shell shock
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:00 pm

shell shock wrote:While not the B-24, Im looking at a beautiful B-17. Its my fav bomber (even to present day tech). If i can get another flyer in my area, we could possibly do some formation flying. (after i become a better pilot).

http://hobbyhobby.com/store/product/262985/Boeing-B17G-Flying-Fortress/

this one i would make electric however. I think 4 engines would be abit tedious to trim to same speed

SS

That's impressive. What's the WS?
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  shell shock Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Im actually not quite sure. Im going to hit up my local hobby store (hobby hobby) sometime this weekend. I will be able to tell you then.
Im officially done highjacking this thread :3

SS
shell shock
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:47 pm

I think it's 57"
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:36 am

shell shock wrote:Im actually not quite sure. Im going to hit up my local hobby store (hobby hobby) sometime this weekend. I will be able to tell you then.

SS

Not a problem on my part, Shell Shock...my input was pretty-much done!

Also, a while back, I was given a plan sheet for the 30 inch Guillow's P-47 Thunderbolt. Looks like most of the former shapes and such are included so that it could be built from the plan sheet.

If anyone thinks they'd like to try it as a Winter Project, I'll check the cost of copy and postage to get it to a builder. My Uncle Wayne built one in 1969 for .09 U-Control, but put so much work into it that he wanted to keep it as a display model. Looking at it...seems like a person could use the silhouette to build a profile model with maybe a .15 for a little more Zip!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:51 am

Kim wrote:
shell shock wrote:Im actually not quite sure. Im going to hit up my local hobby store (hobby hobby) sometime this weekend. I will be able to tell you then.

SS

Not a problem on my part, Shell Shock...my input was pretty-much done!

Also, a while back, I was given a plan sheet for the 30 inch Guillow's P-47 Thunderbolt. Looks like most of the former shapes and such are included so that it could be built from the plan sheet.

If anyone thinks they'd like to try it as a Winter Project, I'll check the cost of copy and postage to get it to a builder. My Uncle Wayne built one in 1

969 for .09 U-Control, but put so much work into it that he wanted to keep it as a display model. Looking at it...seems like a person could use the silhouette to build a profile model with maybe a .15 for a little more Zip!

I dunno a tee dee .09 has about the same power as a good .15 and is much lighter.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GermanBeez Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:55 pm

yep, i might be getting myself a really early one for christmas, but most of the money is going into my first car...
GermanBeez
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next