Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Fox .36 Mark VI Cox_ba12

Fox .36 Mark VI Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by DanMc Today at 7:25 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by 944_Jim Today at 7:04 pm

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by 944_Jim Today at 4:31 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by balogh Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 3:58 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Today at 3:46 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Today at 3:07 pm

» Removing old decals
by latole Today at 3:06 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 2:29 pm

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by 944_Jim Today at 11:52 am

» Blue backplate postage stamp engine
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» COX Postage Stamp engine -Babe Bee & Horseshoe Backplate adapters
by GallopingGhostler Today at 6:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Fox .36 Mark VI Empty
Live on Patrol

Fox .36 Mark VI

Go down

Fox .36 Mark VI Empty Fox .36 Mark VI

Post  fredvon4 Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:56 pm

I have given up hope of finding any used Nelson 36 so I focused on acquiring a few Fox Mark VI to support my need to fly fast combat against guys who use Fora or Nelson hot engines

That said, I am looking for bent, broken, or running Fox .36 Mark VIs (AND Mark VI ONLY) parts, engines and any info on who may still be in the business of making these go real fast ( I have one NIB Mark VI that needs tweaking)

I Have three e-bay Mark VI and each has a different "recipe" of modifications.... I will post later on the various modifications and what you all think of them

Like just about everybody, I am returning to my youth and the 1960~1970 combat flying I did was with VooDoo or Mathis Mongoose and McCoy or Enya 35s...Funny how the Fox 35 stunt was too much for a paper route kid.....but I digress

If you can help out an old fart wanting to get REAL dizzy again.... please contact me at fredvon4@skybeam.com or this wanted ad
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Fox .36 Mark VI Empty Re: Fox .36 Mark VI

Post  Ken Cook Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Fred, these engines are just difficult to find parts for. Even finding good glass props can be difficult. Fox has virtually no parts for them. Each of the MK series progressively were better than the version prior. Unfortunately, they all had flaws. Cost was typically the determining factor as to why things were left and not repaired or redesigned. The MK VI however was in my opinion well on it's way to being the best of the MK series engines. Fox does have head buttons, but when I received it, I found it to be for the .40 but it was the double bubble head. I had my friend Dan turn the button down until it fit the .36 liner. Dan also made me some head shims or various thickness. Bottom line is that Ebay is pretty much your parts supply. While some of the combat fliers are getting older and selling off these items, they pretty much stay within the combat group. Every now and again a MK IV pops up with MK VI internals. My friend AL has had Nelson internal installed into some of his MK series cases. This however comes with quite a price tag. Between the piston rod and liner and machine work, the cost is more than the Nelson was new. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down