Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox engines  used in scale at Brodak's fly in  Cox_ba12

Cox engines  used in scale at Brodak's fly in  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Today at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Today at 7:53 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 7:00 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox engines  used in scale at Brodak's fly in  Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox engines used in scale at Brodak's fly in

Go down

Cox engines  used in scale at Brodak's fly in  Empty Cox engines used in scale at Brodak's fly in

Post  Ken Cook Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:50 am

I spoke with my friend and club member Dan last evening. Brodak's took place the week of father's day. A little late but it was certainly neat to hear about it. Dan's busy work schedule and mine prevented us to discuss the event. I believe Dan took a second place in scale using the small micro powered .010 Very cool!!! to put it mildly. He would've placed first if he had documentation. It's all in fun and he makes sure of that.  Dan keeps the plane in a cardboard shoe box which has padding inside of it. The top of the box suggests not to open as it MAY BITE! The piper is incredibly detailed with checkerboards and also numerals all inked on dope. In addition to the line up of small birds was a Sig Staggerwing featuring a Sure Start. It's great to see this stuff . Here's a pic of Dan's Piper    The Staggerwing https://s46.photobucket.com/user/Inferalanding/media/2014%20Brodak%20Fly-in/IMG_0117HA.jpg.html?sort=6&o=21  Keep those Cox engines flying Ken
Cox engines  used in scale at Brodak's fly in  Brodak10
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox engines  used in scale at Brodak's fly in  Empty Re: Cox engines used in scale at Brodak's fly in

Post  Kim Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:30 am

Great Stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Cox engines  used in scale at Brodak's fly in  Empty Re: Cox engines used in scale at Brodak's fly in

Post  Ken Cook Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:48 am

Dan has mentioned many times to do a miniature version Streak. I think that would be a sight to see. In his fleet he also has a .010 Bi-Slob. It won't prop hang, but when I saw it do the overhead eights, I couldn't stop laughing. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:58 pm

Overhead 8's!!!!!

Wow! Now I want to build one. Do you have info, pictures or video of it?
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:04 pm

Ron, I found a picture of Dan's Bi-Slob. We flew for 2 hours late last Sun. He told me someone had the cub on video so I will do some searching. I asked about the Bi-Slob and he said it had a crack up but very repairable. Here's a pic of the mini slob.

Cox engines  used in scale at Brodak's fly in  Micros10 Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Ken,

That is very cool. Is there plans or is that a scratch build. It is travel size and I can fly it anywhere on a calm day.

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  kpriddle Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:54 pm

Man, what I'm wondering is what in the world was used for control lines?

KP
kpriddle
kpriddle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:02 am

Ron, Dan doesn't build from kits or at least I should state on very rare occasions. He actually drew plans and I believe it was in Flying Models for a 1/2A Bi-Slob. I know it was published in PAMPA Stunt News. As to the lines, nothing special there just Dacron. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:34 am

Kool man that's small couldn't imagine flying something that little , that an 010 on there? Ron you could pack one of those baby's in a padded brief case pull it out and fly about anywhere  lol! Cool Eric
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:46 am

You could also go the other direction and go LARGE!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4N_aaHLxtI . This Bi-Slob needs some work. The stock carb is causing some issues. The Super Tiger carb has now been replaced with a Perry unit which has seemed to help, but he still needs to do some work to get it to hang properly. The transition from idle to power yaws the plane into the circle and no rudder offset or engine offset has improved this. Even with the leadouts back, the plane still wants to roll in. This year at Brodak's he resolved those issues but is still having some carb issues. The idle is controlled from his wrist with a Z-tron unit which works on the same principle as a tv remote. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GWILLIEFOX Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:42 pm

Ken, I was about to ask where you are from, but I guess you are near Philly if you are Dan's buddy.  There will only be two more Brodak's meets.  They are always the week preceding Father's day, wrapping up on Saturday.  You need to make one, everyone has a good time.  I set up the MECA tent and run old/interesting engines.

Dan is a great guy, always smiling.  He is a gifted builder and flyer.  I love talking to him.  All the planes in the pictures are Dan's.

Cox engines  used in scale at Brodak's fly in  Bill_m10
Cox engines  used in scale at Brodak's fly in  Bill_s10
Cox engines  used in scale at Brodak's fly in  Brodak10
Cox engines  used in scale at Brodak's fly in  Img_3410
Cox engines  used in scale at Brodak's fly in  Img_3411
Cox engines  used in scale at Brodak's fly in  Img_3413
GWILLIEFOX
GWILLIEFOX
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:31 pm

I live about 30 min west of Center City, Phila. Your quite a bit west of me. I've made a few of the Brodak meets. My son Shawn and I both have done considerable well in several events.  Seeing your picture with Larry Scarinzi,  I realized we've met. Shawn recognized you from this picture.  Shawn and I would walk by your case of engines and admire all of your engines. The control line community while spread out is pretty close knit. Shawn and I are with Larry a good bit in the summer. Shawn really has done well in combat and we both geared a lot of effort towards it. The both of us still fly stunt and continue to build. We had a great time at the Garden State Circle Burners vintage combat with Larry this Sept. Dan and I are minutes from each other. Dan is a couple years older than myself. I've known Dan a long time. I've been flying weather permitting  weekly with him for the past 15. When were not flying, were doing something in the shop. Unfortunately, Dan's Vista is no longer with us. He's been working on a new stunter which will hopefully be flying this summer. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down