Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2017
balogh's

Throttle-Dees

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Tach Race 2017 Updates
Ready for Tach Race 2017?
Profile Scale Reed Speed
Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Of squirrels, bears and birds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Of squirrels, bears and birds

Post  rsv1cox on Mon May 23, 2016 8:07 am

Rather that step all over Kim's "Fox" thread (again Smile) I thought I would refer to a different species or two in a different post.

I enjoyed roddies pictures of birds and especially his woodpeckers (and also his house's chimney decor) so I thought I would contribute some from the ridges of West Virginia along with some pictures of bird houses destroyed by the local bear population.

Woodpeckers abound here, all types from the huge and stunningly beautiful Pileated's (up to 20") to the smaller Downy's and Hairy's. But my favorites are the mid sized Red Bellied, Red-headed, and Flickers.

Squirrels too, reds and grays but surprisingly no chipmunks. Just a few pictures from my back yard.

The red headed woodpecker in the out of focus picture is a new-comer to the feeder this year. A mating pair I believe. The red bellied woodpecker rules the feeder. Flickers are ground feeders. We also have a lot of purple and gold finches, blue birds too but they also are ground feeders. Owl's and Hawks keep the squirrel population down.

Bob

rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nice backyard

Post  VUgearhead on Mon May 23, 2016 9:45 am

Luv the pics, Bob.

Your dogwood is flowering beautifully in the background, BTW.

Now you just need a hummingbird feeder to enjoy the summertime dogfights!
VUgearhead
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Of squirrels, bears and birds

Post  Marleysky on Mon May 23, 2016 7:46 pm

One of the best Fathers Day gift my sons ever bought me was a "twirl a squirrel"  took 2 c-cell batteries and spun the squirrels off the feeder. LMAO watching the squirrels getting flung off the feeder!   I was looking for a video of one in operation and stumbled across this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IANwb_qT1gg

lol!

Last edited by Marleysky on Mon May 23, 2016 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tag link)
Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr on Mon May 23, 2016 11:06 pm

Don't see many bears round here but do have sign painting alligators

crankbndr
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Tue May 24, 2016 7:26 am

Marleysky wrote:One of the best Fathers Day gift my sons ever bought me was a "twirl a squirrel"  took 2 c-cell batteries and spun the squirrels off the feeder. LMAO watching the squirrels getting flung off the feeder!   I was looking for a video of one in operation and stumbled across this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IANwb_qT1gg

lol!

Ok, Now that's funny!!!

Great editing, but when I first saw the plane I thought it was just some sort of demonstrator not meant to get off the ground. Heavy, square, flat wing thing with lots of drag. But aerobatics....Wonderful.

I have seen homemade squirrel catapults built from baskets and springs that when remotely actuated tossed squirrels attempting to score a bird feeder.

And Gators too. They lived in a very large pond behind out house in Spring Hill Florida and would get into a fish pond that I built and clean out the fish.

Nature.... Smile
rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:09 am

He's at it again.  Last night after I had just removed the feeder and cleaned it.  Also painted the upside down squirrel discouraging bucket.

rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top