Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

You have Covid my friend.......... - Page 2 Cox_ba12

You have Covid my friend.......... - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by getback Today at 2:32 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 2:20 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

You have Covid my friend.......... - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

You have Covid my friend..........

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You have Covid my friend.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: You have Covid my friend..........

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:14 am

Thanks Mauricio, as you may remember my speed plane wears your name too. Bob

You have Covid my friend.......... - Page 2 P1016966
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

You have Covid my friend.......... - Page 2 Empty Re: You have Covid my friend..........

Post  Mark Boesen Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:19 am

Get well Bob!!!!!!!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:08 am

Been away for a while here and come to see this. Wishing you the best on a speedy recovery to kicking Covid's butt! You got this, as well as having a great caretaker with you!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:39 am

Just an update on day seven of this stuff for those that have had Covid or those that will have it. Millions.

I thought I was protected, double shot and boosted, besides I live an isolated lifestyle. I don't go out much, family activities mostly. Walmart once a week. I don't wear a mask but I don't take unnecessary risks, yet here I am. Family has had covid. Distant past.

Walmart........lady five days prior was fixing the self-checkout I was using. Got real close to me. Friendly conversation.

Nasty three days that finally sent me to the emergency at 2am. Sore throat!!!!!!!!!! Ambulance driver wheeled me into the waiting room where about 40 people waited.
She gasped...oh no. Swabs for covid, rsv, strep. Waited, and waited some more. I called Mark about 7am most had been seen maybe seven left. I had no idea where in line I was. I was miserable. Mark lit a fire and finally around eight am got a doctor to see me. Covid my friend!

Mark and the Doc discussed the sititation. Doc perscribed Paxlovid but he wasn't enthusastic about it. Mark found some at Costco. Taking the last of it today. Not sure if it helps or not. (Made in China)

Threw up on day three, sore throat mostly gone by day four. Slowed me down but not much.

Your results may vary.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:28 pm

It’s going to take a lot more than COVID to bring you down Bob. Get well soon!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:43 pm

Covid is a tuffy, Was for me a couple of years ago, put me in the emergency room as well…..I took the two Moderna vaccines next season, They were nearly as bad as Covid itself on me but short lived…. I elected not to take any vaccinations this fall/winter from that experience… No problems so far….

Glad to see see you posting here and other threads…. Keep on pushing forward  Very Happy….
We’re keepin’ an eye on ya… Thumbs Up
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:20 am

looking for an update, we all hope to hear you are feeling better by the day!
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:40 am

cstatman wrote:looking for an update,   we all hope to hear you are feeling better by the day!

Thanks Charles, this is about day ten and I have regained my voice but still a little weak in the knees. Breakfast cerial (maybe it's the milk) makes me a bit nauseous but otherwise I'm fine. It's this lousey weather that's bothering me the most. Paxlovid may have helped. I don't know.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:46 pm

rsv1cox wrote:
cstatman wrote:looking for an update,   we all hope to hear you are feeling better by the day!

Thanks Charles, this is about day ten and I have regained my voice but still a little weak in the knees.  Breakfast cerial (maybe it's the milk) makes me a bit nauseous but otherwise I'm fine.  It's this lousey weather that's bothering me the most.  Paxlovid may have helped.  I don't know.  
Glad to hear you’re do good Bob
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:52 pm

Good to hear you're keeping yourself together Bob. Sounds like you're getting better.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:49 pm

12 days in and Mark over today testing me with one of the free Govt. test kits. Still positive, but it didn't keep me from shoveling snow off the walkways this morning, or eating Bo Jangles chicken with the kids. I have lost that bad taste in my mouth (mostly) and feel fine.

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:08 am

this is great news - i am glad you are out and about, up and working, and not stuck in a bed

woot woot! GOOD STUFF!
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:38 am

Glad to see you getting better Bob Very Happy ….. Covid is nothing to take lightly!!…. The good thing is you should have certain immunities from future bugs that are similar… Continued wellness friend Very Happy

Robert
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  pman1111 Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:39 pm

Glad to see it didn't get the best of you, I tested positive for a month after having it, using the PCR method, never did get a positive test with the antigen home test kits. Good to see you were able to be somewhat active throughout your ordeal, it was all I could do to to be up and moving around while I was sick, let alone accomplishing much, it didn't take much to get exhausted. Like you, I'm not sure if the Paxlovid did much to help, especially after testing positive for a month.
pman1111
pman1111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:11 pm

pman1111 wrote:Glad to see it didn't get the best of you, I tested positive for a month after having it, using the PCR method, never did get a positive test with the antigen home test kits. Good to see you were able to be somewhat active throughout your ordeal, it was all I could do to to be up and moving around while I was sick, let alone accomplishing much, it didn't take much to get exhausted. Like you, I'm not sure if the Paxlovid did much to help, especially after testing positive for a month.

Thanks for sharing your covid experience.

Part of my reason for posting about it here is to help contractors understand how it affects others.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2