Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use - Page 3 Cox_ba12

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 10:11 am

» Tired of it all…
by Ken Cook Today at 8:04 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use - Page 3 Empty Repurposing....window-wells?

Post  balogh Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:50 am

With the garage storage space constraints in our lakeside summer cave, I decided to store most of my COX RC fleet items hung from a strong fishing line in the window-well of the garage. All planes got hung by their propellers, on zip-tie hooks set in length to allow the propellers to pass through them, the zip-ties fixed on  fishing line knots placed in intervals along the line. The fishing line itself hangs down tied to a hook screwed in the window-well ceiling.

The depth of the window-well helps sink all planes into it with no obstruction jutting out to hamper wall-side traffic..birds wider in wingspan than approx. 800mm - the width of the window well - got hooked from the horizontal wire tracks of the movable garage door, hanging deeper inside the garage, where traffic is sporadic. With limited horizontal free storage footprint area, this vertically extending storage provides a convenient and safe hangar (hanger?) option. The window is fixed with no hinges, so its functionality is not impaired.  Throughout summer with my lil Honda MSX also parked between the window and the car  (not shown, I rode it home to our winter cave in Budapest last week in bright sunny mid-fall weather) also complicates the summertime garage space allocation, so the window-well hangar partly alleviates the problem. .

The white plastic boxes by the wall store, among others, valuable goodies, mainly 010, 020 and 049 engine parts and RC components, just in case..

From top to down in the window-well sit: Quickie100 (beefed up COX 049 reedie "290"), Lil Roughneck (049 beefed up reedie aka TeeDeeReedie, a home made Killer Bee clone), Roaring 20 (020 TeeDee), Lil Spee-Dee (010 TeeDee) and Sharkface (010 TeeDee)
Deeper in the garage: Toucan (051 TeeDee), Tigercat pylon racer (049 TeeDee), SIG Wonder (09 RC TeeDee), and an Acro-Wot (OS Max 56 FS alpha), a plane used rarely nowadays, that is fed with fuel weaker in castor than the COX engines need, so it takes a special, occasional fuel preparation before I take it out flying)

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use - Page 3 Window10
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use - Page 3 Empty Re: repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use

Post  getback Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:58 am

Nice Idea but hope it don't get to hot there in the window ? You may get some warpage. Sad
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use - Page 3 Empty Re: repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use

Post  balogh Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:39 am

Thanks, Eric, your is a very valid observation..of course the electronic shutter on the window is usually closed, and the planes are not exposed to radiating heat...
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:19 am

thanks for the tip/ great idea on storing models. Thumbs Up I live in a very small house and my model building and storing is all done in a very small car garage that is part of the house. storing my models as described above by Andras @balogh will free up a lot of the limited shelf space. thanks Andras. Beer Cheers
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:25 am

Deleted, double posting
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:30 am

I like your garage picture Andras. Neat clean and orderly, well befitting of your Audi A5.

I hang some of my airplanes (multiple past posted pictures) too, but most are stuffed under my train layout.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:51 am

Thanks, Bob,

our summer house has just undergone internal painting, and that also compelled me to put things in - a temporary - order in the garage. My good ole A5 is my former company car that I picked up when I left my previous company some 5 years ago...the car was formerly leased by the company from a lessor, who sold it to me at a good discount (about 3/4 of its showroom price)  with then only some 15k km-s on the odo...a deal I would have been sorry to miss.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:09 am

A neat, clean arrangement Andras!!… Thumbs Up Very inviting to take them out to fly!!
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3