Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Cox_ba12

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Boats13 Today at 10:19 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Empty
Live on Patrol

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Empty repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use

Post  roddie Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:08 pm

I figured I'd start this thread to spawn some creativity. I'm in the habit of examining many things to be thrown away.. (or parts from them..) for possibly re-using them in the hobby/workshop.

My latest find was in some computer fan-assemblies that were being scrapped-off at work. The louvers in the duct-assemblies usually snap-in via integral pins. This type uses screws.

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Dsc03612
repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Dsc03613
repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Dsc03614
repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Dsc03615

I saw these parts as possible stabilators for a small C/L twin-boom combat models. The screws are the sheet-metal thread-type.. but there's a built-in bearing where the boss extends. That could ride nicely inside a plywood boom. Install a fiber-washer under the screw-head on the outside.. add a small Dubro horn and you're ready to rock and roll. They are in fact air-foiled; having a .062" thickness at the L/E, gradually tapering to .035" at the trailing-edge. Area is 5.5 sq. in. (5.5" span/1" chord) I can bend it as well as "twist" it almost 90 degrees.. so it might exhibit slight flexing across the span with aggressive control-inputs. I don't know if that would cause a problem or not. It's not going to break easily. It would be a super-easy to make stabilator though.. My Phred's Phault models' stab has been a PIA..

I've obviously got quite a few of these.. Laughing  so if any of you think you could use one.. let me know. They weigh .2oz. (5gr.) with the installed screws shown in the photos.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Empty Re: repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use

Post  NEW222 Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:30 pm

Sorry for no photos, but...
I have used plastic flossers for flossing your teeth as control horns on RC models. They could also be used on control line elevators. Remove the floss, cut off the handle and make 2 small incisions at the mounting location, place it in and add a drop of CA afterwards, or put a light coat of epoxy just before inserting. Hope this helps.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Empty Re: repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use

Post  RknRusty Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:24 pm

Hey Rod, can I bum one of the louvers off of you? I'll put it in my new Li'l Satan kit that's waiting to be built. I have another secret idea too.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:54 pm

Canopies and engine cowls on scale models are the most vulnerable and never-to-find-again-on-ebay-or-elsewhere  parts. I often replace them with sections of various plastic bottles (soda,shampoo etc) cut to size. Just like the white engine cowl on my Cosmic Wind.

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Engine10

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Cheek_10

The aluminum exhaust gas deflector behind the TD049 on the pic above was cut from a beer can (I had to open and drink quite a number of cans before I found the best Czech lager beer can option, but other brews are also near as much  feasible...modeling sometimes is a real health sacrifice, I tell you...Eyebrows ...)

My still best tank option is made of party balloons. The pass-through tube in the stopper, connecting the fuel pick-up line and the external fuel line to the engine, is made of the filler of ballpoint pens (This latter i.e. the ballpoint pen was invented by a Hungarian, by the way Hungary ...).

The plastic stem of earbuds, melted and butted at one end,  is used as the plug in the filling line of the tank. See the one protruding from the orange filling line.
repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Ready-11

Last edited by balogh on Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:43 am

Modelers are amazing innovators. Something to be proud of. Good work, all of you, and us.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:06 pm

RknRusty wrote:Modelers are amazing innovators. Something to be proud of. Good work, all of you, and us.
Rusty

Yes! I like Andras' clever use of at least three items that would otherwise have been thrown away. I'd like to see a drawing of "New222's" floss-pick horn.

Some window-blind kits come with plastic hold-down clips that could be used for control-horns. Picture a set-up that used one of these along with a plate (similar to a Dubro horn) using two nylon screws that self-tap into a pre-drilled plastic mating-plate. Cut-off the "peg".. and drill a hole there for your pushrod.

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Window10

Question is.. would it be a factor; having the pushrod-hole by necessity, being rearward of the hinge-line? I don't think it would alter the 1:1 deflection-ratio. It would however lengthen the distance for the pushrod to move the surface. Maybe this would be desirable where the horn doesn't have a lot of length to it. Huh... Huh... Huh...

Rusty, I'd be more than happy to send you one of those fan-louvers to try. I just edited this paragraph.. because what I'd originally posted was stupid. Laughing The photos below show .060" CF rod taped to the L/E of a cut-down louver for a stab design that would fit totally between the booms. Not out of the question.. but not what you'd want for the Lil' Satan. The louver is easily trimmed-shorter with good sharp scissors. That's .060" dia. CF rod pictured.. and combined with the tape, would lessen the tendency to flex too. A Dubro #107 1/2A control-horn is shown.

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Dsc03616
repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Dsc03617

Looking at photos of your Lil' Satan.. reminded me how its stab. is hinged.. and I'm pretty sure that's how you'd do it if you used one of my parts.. but by the looks, the Goldberg stab has a larger chord-dimension? The louver's chord is 1.0".

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Rusty_11
repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Rusty_10

Last edited by roddie on Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : defining two different means of hinging into twin tail-booms)
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Empty plastic packaging

Post  roddie Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:19 pm

The next time you cut-open typical clear-plastic packaging requiring scissors (cutting around the welded-perimeter) take a look at what's there once you remove the product. Flat panels are useful for a lot of things.. and can vary greatly in thickness.. for a particular application. A legal-envelope makes handy storage for an assortment of multiple flat sheets. Smaller snap-closure "hardware" packages can be re-used for small parts.. and they can hang on your peg-board hooks for high-visibility/easy-access.

I used some thin clear-plastic sheet to make simulated gear-doors on my Bearcat.

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use 11-19-10
repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use 3-22-110
repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use 4-22-110

The engine-cowling is another repurposed item.. obtained from an aerosol air-freshener refill-cartridge. (Lysol/Airwick)
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:41 pm

As per your request roddie. Very Happy I don't have anything at home with that set-up right now, so I just mocked one up for ya! I hope this does clarify. I did this mock-up in a scrap piece of foam I had laying around, but the same can be done in balsa. Sometimes I remember to give it a quick 'rough-up' with a piece of sandpaper or whatever to give the glue something to adhere to. As well, different flossers have different characteristics so they may be taller or shorter (kids and adults varieties). When done, I just clipped off the 'legs' from the bottom.

Sitting on top of the area it will be installed into. It was already cut and fitted, I just removed it for the picture for clarity. In the picture, you can see the holes for the 'legs' to go into.
repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Contro11

Installed and would just need a hole for the control rod to go into.
repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Contro10

This link is for the picks I had used for this. They are quite sturdy.
http://us-professional.gumbrand.com/gum-professional-clean-flossers.html
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:34 am

One of the síde-effects of this hobby indeed is that you start to see potential airplane parts everywhere around the house and the office Very Happy

Besides the plastic bottle caps and bottoms that look just like engine cowlings, there are some pipe collars that would make great cowlings too.

For nose and wingtip weights I have used self-adhesive automotive wheel balancing weights (meant for alloy wheels). They are compact, come in different sizes and have their weight number cast on them. New ones have the sticky tape, so it is easy to use them. Used ones will need new tape of course, or they can be secured with glue or a screw.

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:09 am

NEW222 wrote:As per your request roddie. Very Happy I did this mock-up in a scrap piece of foam I had laying around, but the same can be done in balsa. Sometimes I remember to give it a quick 'rough-up' with a piece of sandpaper or whatever to give the glue something to adhere to.

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Contro11

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Contro10

Now that's innovative! Thanks Chancey! My wife uses those floss-picks. They are very rigid.. but will "green-stick" fracture when bent to the extreme, rather than shearing under force. Pretty much "unbreakable". Probably a great choice for driving the elevator on a Micro Ringmaster!

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:40 am

KariFS wrote:One of the síde-effects of this hobby indeed is that you start to see potential airplane parts everywhere around the house and the office Very Happy

Besides the plastic bottle caps and bottoms that look just like engine cowlings, there are some pipe collars that would make great cowlings too.

For nose and wingtip weights I have used self-adhesive automotive wheel balancing weights (meant for alloy wheels). They are compact, come in different sizes and have their weight number cast on them. New ones have the sticky tape, so it is easy to use them. Used ones will need new tape of course, or they can be secured with glue or a screw.

Indeed! It's a positive side-effect though. Smile Just don't be like Roddie, who has a habit of collecting (or making) more of some potential item/part, than he could ever use in a lifetime of modeling.. Laughing Take the cap/cowls for example.. I have over 20 of them nested in a lg. zip-seal bag (full..) You'd think that would be more than enough.. yet I'll save more of them from going in the trash. Rolling Eyes

What type of pipe-collars? They may be different from anything we use here in this country. I'm very curious.

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Roddie, I am not sure if "collar" is the correct name for it but this is what I was talking about:

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Image20

It is meant to clean up a sink drain installation, this one is a part of an IKEA set, left over from my kitchen remodel. Taller ones are also available, and also versions that can be split which may also be useful in some cases.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:07 pm

KariFS wrote:Roddie, I am not sure if "collar" is the correct name for it but this is what I was talking about:

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Image20

It is meant to clean up a sink drain installation, this one is a part of an IKEA set, left over from my kitchen remodel. Taller ones are also available, and also versions that can be split which may also be useful in some cases.

I think you could call that an escutcheon.. Huh... but it's a lot more fit for an engine-cowling than the old flat, chrome-plated split escutcheon-plates which could be installed after a drain installation. They had a single rivet to hinge the two halves.. and a clip/closure on the opposite side. I remember the old steam radiators that heated the house when I was a kid. Those split-plates were used to trim around where the pipe went down through the floor. If one was missing.. you could easily lose a marble if unlucky enough to have one roll toward the hole! Actually.. I was born a little late for when marbles were popular.. but my dad had saved a small cloth-bag full, that he'd had since he was a kid. Beautiful "agates", "cat-eyes".. and one shooter. I hope he still has a few that he's saved. I'd hate to think that he's lost all his marbles.. Laughing
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Empty 09 Devarnisher

Post  balogh Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:28 am

My Tee Dee 09 works in a hot setup (glow plug conversion head, exhaust muffler) and tends to develop varnish inside the cylinder after five or so 10 minutes flights. Devarnishers for COX engines larger than the 051 class are - as far as I know - unavailable, so I had to improvise one.

I put my 049/051 devarnisher brush into the 09 cylinder, and in order to make up for the difference in cylinder bore, pushed  the stem of an earbud in in addition, aligning it parallel with the stem of the brush.

Keeping the brush and the earbud stems fixed in parallel, I rotate the cylinder a few times, and efficiently devarnish it.

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use 09deva10

In order not to plough longitudinal scratches onto the cyclinder wall that may impair compression, I always push in the brush, loose, first and the earbud stem follows only afterwards. Remove the earbud stem first and the brush afterwards, to prevent the same when done devarnishing

Well, this improvisation will stop short of solving problems like global warming or famine in the third world, but is at least a good make-shift devarnishing technique for Tee Dee 09 powerplants.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Empty Pipe Collar

Post  RK Flyer Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:12 am

Karifs & Roddie, Those are called "Escutcheon's" and are used in plumbing to cover the pipe where it comes out of the wall. They come in many different sizes and as an old plumber I don't know why I haven't thought of it myself!

Balogh....Try using rifle/pistol cleaning brush's, they come in many different caliber's/sizes.

RK Flyer   Flying
RK Flyer
RK Flyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:43 am

I am watching just haven't had nothing to say yet Popcorn i think the .09 may take a 410 or 20 gage shotgun brush , i have not done a .09 but do use gun brushes for .049/.051 Seeing some good ideas here Roddie good thread ! Thumbs Up
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:14 am

If I tried to do a photo essay of all the household products I re-purpose; I would probably violate my rant about photo bloated threads...grin

Does not help my Hungarian friend but HF has very cheap sets of paint gun cleaning brushes ....from exceptionally small up to fairly large

I use the nylon bristle brushes, after a night of soaking in Hopps #9 to de varnish pistons and cylinders...

For a few years I had a sister who got too deep into canning...Ball Jars... every thing from pickles to jams and relishes ...all yummy

Over the years we had many excess 4 to 12 oz jars and I found New caps at Wally world for very low $

I decanted a lot of my Gallon cans of Randolph Dope into the 4 and 8 oz wide mouth jars... wrote on top if non or tautening, Nitrate or Butyrate, with or without filler (I use Zinc Stearate)

You got a computer or three that died a while back... ???

Fun project is to break the "void warranty" seal and use all your micro torx and screwdrivers to disassemble the hard drives and recover the very very strong magnets...yes oddly shaped.... but broken into smaller pieces and epoxied to the edge of a shelf will hold a lot of tools...and BTW the individual disks are very very good mirrors

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:10 am

I may have posted this before but since Fred brought up dead computers, here's what you can do with the HDD's after you have salvaged the magnets:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzr6-Fd3lwM

They make nice grinder it seems. I have 3 old ones kicking around, 200Mb Seagate and a couple of others that I have removed from old computers before scrapping them.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Empty Repurposing items-Eye or Swimmers Ear (alcohol) dropper bottle to fueler or fuel tank!

Post  Zephyr2272 Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:07 pm

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Dscn3212repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Dscn3213Hi all,  I thought that I would list this for people (like me) that are "old school" I guess is the term used nowadays.  Many of us in the past have used the old 35mm film canisters,  balloons, and many other things as fuel tanks for our 1/2A engines.  I am kicking myself that I am just now realizing the amount of available fuel tanks in our houses!  This is a swimmers ear dropper bottle that contains alcohol(75%) I think.  The alcohol can be used to thin epoxy, cleaning engines and many other modeling uses I'm sure!  When it's used up,  it doubles as a fueler or fuel tank.  These are almost perfect in that they are lightweight(lighter than a Sullivan,  can't get Hayes tanks any more in the 1-2 oz range),  are fuelproof, and slim!  All I have done here is take the twist off cap off,  drilled a .062 hole with the Dremel,  and inserted the same size aluminum tubing with another short piece of 1/2A silicone tubing on top.  I bent my aluminum tubing just because it seems easier to use to me.  I do all my fueling one handed now that I have this! These eye/ear dropper bottles are available everywhere to everyone, I hope it will be of use to someone else also. This Site Rocks! Babe Bee .049

Last edited by Zephyr2272 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : insert pics)
Zephyr2272
Zephyr2272
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterJGregory Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:03 am

fredvon4 wrote:
For a few years I had a sister who got too deep into canning...Ball Jars... every thing from pickles to jams and relishes ...all yummy

Over the years we had many excess 4 to 12 oz jars and I found New caps at Wally world for very low $

I decanted a lot of my Gallon cans of Randolph Dope into the 4 and 8 oz wide mouth jars... wrote on top if non or tautening, Nitrate or Butyrate, with or without filler (I use Zinc Stearate)

I am glad you posted this. I bought a ton of leftover dope from a local airport over the summer and needed to decant the stuff from the very rusty cans it came in. Too bad I don't know a canning fanatic because I had to buy canning jars new from my local grocery store.

I was concerned the dope might react with the rubber seals and I hope that by what you have written that you have the benefit of some time with this setup, where nothing bad has happened. The dope looks fine even though the cans had been stored in a drafty barn which probably had a leaky roof, to boot. The Randolph dope was visibly more viscous than another brand that was part of the mix - interesting to see to the quality of Randolph.

As part of my haul, I got an unused 5 gallon container of Randolph thinner. I had to go to HD and buy new, empty paint cans to decant the thinner. They aren't cheap! So, spending money to store the stuff took away a little from the excellent deal I originally got, but you have to do what you have to do.
PeterJGregory
PeterJGregory
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:39 am

This may not be a "regular household item", but still good material for modeling.

It is not my invention either. But anyway, bicycle spokes make pretty good control rods. The end of a traditional style spoke is bent and pre-formed perfectly to go into the hole of a bellcrank:

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Image34

This is handy especially if you're building the controls inside the wing or fuselage in a tight space. The spokes I got are steel, 2mm thick so they are a bit heavier than I'd like at 8 grams a piece, with the nipple included. I suppose I could take just the bent end, glue it in a carbon tube, and attach a 2-56 rod in the other end for an R/C style pushrod end.

In the other end of the spoke there is a nipple (a metal kind of one, no need to get all excited Wink )

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Image35

If you take a length of a spoke and glue it in a suitable spot, the nipple makes a pretty neat mounting screw for a cowl. This is not my idea either, it has been used in a team race model called "Weaver", see the link for further details:

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=4288

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:31 am

So far As I can tell the decanted dope...some times mixed with thinner to 50/50 or even thinner 70/30 and even the jars pre mixed with Zinc Stearate filler all open and close just fine...

I use the 4 0z jars of pre mixed quite a lot --brushing right out of the jar...of course you get dope on the lip and other "on the jar" drips...I wipe down the lip with a Lacquer Thinner soaked rag before putting the lid back on and so far have not had the dope glue the jar shut....

A while back I posted about buying a bunch of Gallon, 1/2 Gallon and Quart metal cans so I could decant the Dope OUT of the Gallon Pail container... into something I could open and pour out of

Painting right out of a typical Gallon pail intending to use all of it works fime as we all know
BUT only intending to use a pint or quart of the Gallon is a royal pain...leaves a lot of air space and I see mostly tends to let a skin off on the top of whatever product

An yes I do know about the various cans of dry air (gas) that can be used to flood the void and displace the air in the container... never tried any of them...yet
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Empty balloon tank capsule

Post  roddie Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:32 am

Zephyr2272 wrote:repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Dscn3212repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Dscn3213Hi all,  I thought that I would list this for people (like me) that are "old school" I guess is the term used nowadays.  Many of us in the past have used the old 35mm film canisters,  balloons, and many other things as fuel tanks for our 1/2A engines.  I am kicking myself that I am just now realizing the amount of available fuel tanks in our houses!  This is a swimmers ear dropper bottle that contains alcohol(75%) I think.  The alcohol can be used to thin epoxy, cleaning engines and many other modeling uses I'm sure!  When it's used up,  it doubles as a fueler or fuel tank.  These are almost perfect in that they are lightweight(lighter than a Sullivan,  can't get Hayes tanks any more in the 1-2 oz range),  are fuelproof, and slim!  All I have done here is take the twist off cap off,  drilled a .062 hole with the Dremel,  and inserted the same size aluminum tubing with another short piece of 1/2A silicone tubing on top.  I bent my aluminum tubing just because it seems easier to use to me.  I do all my fueling one handed now that I have this! These eye/ear dropper bottles are available everywhere to everyone, I hope it will be of use to someone else also. This Site Rocks! Babe Bee .049

Another source for similar bottles is in water test-kits. They're about 1oz. capacity. They're usually free.. and come in a package with an envelope for mailing-off/submitting your water sample to a lab. Look for them in home-center stores.

Being for use with water.. I'm not sure how fuel-proof they are, but I made a balloon-tank capsule out of one. The cap and seal are the only parts that would get fuel exposure in my example.

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Water_10
repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Water_11
repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Water_13
repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use Water_12
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:55 am

Water tests and labs mentioned by Roddie above  remind me of my fuel-filler syringe of 2 oz capacity that I typically buy in veterinary/pet accessory shops...they are primarily intended for injections for mid-size pets like horses lol! ...2 oz of fuel will keep my large-size pet COX Tee Dee09 running for nearly 10 minutes in the air..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun May 28, 2017 12:20 am

A siphon tube from a spent household cleaner comes in handy when you want to reinforce the rudder leading edge on your Lil roughneck after tens of landings on deep grass terrain that abused the rudder.
I opened up the stiff plastic tube along its length with an exacto blade and pulled it over the lead edge to stiffen the balsa rudder that snapped and almost broke on a heavy landing. Now I have a strong rudder and spared efforts to replace it.
repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use 20170511

I love this lil roughneck that was originally designed for 020 engines but I fly it with my TeeDeeReedie and she is a bullet to fly.

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use 20170512
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next