Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Drill Press Question
by NEW222 Today at 12:08 am

» Wen-Mac slotted glowhead
by Cribbs74 Today at 12:07 am

» Rebuild videos?
by RknRusty Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Happy Thanksgiving Friends
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:00 pm

» Looking for a New In Box PT-19 from the 80s-90s
by Mark Boesen Yesterday at 9:39 pm

» Midwest Foam Wings
by tampatexan Yesterday at 9:23 pm

» Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea ....
by fit90 Yesterday at 5:27 pm

» GSCB meet this Sunday
by roddie Yesterday at 3:48 pm

» 1/2A Non-Contest Control Line Gathering
by xplaneguy Yesterday at 3:14 pm

» Recent engine acquisitions
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 12:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
November-2017
MauricioB's

"Cox Tee Dee .010"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: repurposing/recycling items for hobby-use

Post  KariFS on Sun May 28, 2017 10:45 am

I took a couple of photos of an idea a few months ago but forgot to post them... Here they are:

Many wine bottles with a cork have an aluminum "cap" to prevent the cork from drying:

With a firm grip-and-twist you can remove the cap in one piece:

The aluminum is easy to cut with ordinary scissors (preferably before consuming the contents of the vessel drunken ) If you cut the top and the seam off you will get a small sheet of thin, light and easy-to-form aluminum.

It might be useful material for heat shields, exhaust deflectors, trim tabs or general bling-bling.
KariFS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky on Sun May 28, 2017 3:14 pm

Kippis!” is a very formal way to say “cheers” in Finnish.  There is also the expression “Maljanne” which means “a toast to you, sir” or even “n malja!”, meaning “a toast to” – but these are less common than “Kippis”.

Kippis  to KariFS   Thanks for the tip, an another reason to purchase a wine with a cork and seal.   No Annie Greensprings or Boonsfarm for me anymore!
Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 on Sun May 28, 2017 3:28 pm

Reminds me of another Bar area re-use item I keep.... some Booze bottle tops are actually LEAD....that I add to my stash of lead weighs

Recently I have had my wife buy a few extra of the Zip Lock brand el-cheapo lidded tubs.... a lot like Tupper Ware items--- but much cheaper and thinner...

They do a good job keeping many of my (I will use this someday) engines, in a better store-able / stack-able way than the Baggies I used to keep them in

I was getting distressed a while back sanding and sanding and then wet sanding----- using up a lot of fairly expensive sanding paper...

I experimented with placing the small pieces in a "delicate items" washing machine bag, and also ran the load with a lot of my soiled shop towels.. light detergent, no bleach, no foo foo smelly stuff.... every thing came out usable
fredvon4
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Sun May 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Marleysky wrote:Kippis!” is a very formal way to say “cheers” in Finnish.  There is also the expression “Maljanne” which means “a toast to you, sir” or even “n malja!”, meaning “a toast to” – but these are less common than “Kippis”.

Kippis  to KariFS   Thanks for the tip, an another reason to purchase a wine with a cork and seal.   No Annie Greensprings or Boonsfarm for me anymore!

I save the corks.. You'd think I have enough.. (however many enough is..) I keep them around mostly for their buoyant properties for use as floats.. and such. Spray-paint one fluorescent.. to make a quickee fishing-bobber. I really miss fishing.. haven't been in years.
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow on Sun May 28, 2017 8:10 pm

The skinny tubes from hair spritz bottles, such as the "leave in conditioner" my daughters and wife use are pretty decent for push rod guides in RC applications. There seems to be a couple diameters ranging from skinny to really skinny for different applications. Sadly the rest of the bottle isn't very helpful, well, maybe a canopy but they are never clear.

Phil
pkrankow
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top