Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Rebuild videos? Cox_ba12

Rebuild videos? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by GallopingGhostler Today at 3:58 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:44 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Rebuild videos? Empty
Live on Patrol

Rebuild videos?

Go down

Rebuild videos? Empty Rebuild videos?

Post  Sunbird Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:42 am

Hi all new COX mates!, (Aussie slang)

Over the last couple of months I have acquired a few nice COX engines with at least one of each size from .010 to .15!

Yes, I am reliving my childhood when I could not afford these wonderful engines.

Yesterday I ran a couple and was amazed how easily they started and ran, admittedly rich to help break them in. Just loved that music in my ears after 60 years! Buying the correct fuel and having it delivered was rather expensive, but have 5 litres on the shelf now.

Anyhow, the point of this post is that now I would like to get a .049 to dis-assemble and put back together with new gaskets etc., just to learn how to do it. This will hopefully add a new dimension to my newly found hobby.

Are there any "How to" videos on youtube which cover rebuilding a COX engine. Next, I need to find a "fixer upperer" to practise on as I like the ones already purchased too much to wreck them unnecessarily.

Thanks also must go to Bernie for answering my dumb questions and helping me out with his enthusiasm.

By the way, do you know if there are any COX enthusiasts (nuts) in Townsville, North Queensland, Australia?

Thanks, Mike
Sunbird
Sunbird
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Rebuild videos? Empty Re: Rebuild videos?

Post  MauricioB Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:29 am

Sunbird wrote:Hi all new COX mates!, (Aussie slang)

Over the last couple of months I have acquired a few nice COX engines with at least one of each size from .010 to .15!

Yes, I am reliving my childhood when I could not afford these wonderful engines.

Yesterday I ran a couple and was amazed how easily they started and ran, admittedly rich to help break them in. Just loved that music in my ears after 60 years!  Buying the correct fuel and having it delivered was rather expensive, but have 5 litres on the shelf now.

Anyhow, the point of this post is that now I would like to get a .049 to dis-assemble and put back together with new gaskets etc., just to learn how to do it. This will hopefully add a new dimension to my newly found hobby.

Are there any "How to" videos on youtube which cover rebuilding a COX engine. Next, I need to find a "fixer upperer" to practise on as I like the ones already purchased too much to wreck them unnecessarily.

Thanks also must go to Bernie for answering my dumb questions and helping me out with his enthusiasm.

By the way, do you know if there are any COX enthusiasts (nuts) in Townsville, North Queensland, Australia?

Thanks,  Mike

Welcome Mike! Thumbs Up , Surely here you will have a great time, sharing with many people predisposed to help and have fun, that is my experience here, I am relatively new to the history of the forum.
It is very nice to place photos, so I invite you to place photos of your engines to be able to appreciate them.
Videos refers to disarming and assembling engines ?, something like this ?:

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Rebuild videos? Empty Rebuild videos?

Post  Sunbird Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:42 am

Thanks MauricioB,

They are exactly what I am looking for. Hopefully I will find one showing how to replace reed valves etc as found in overhaul kits etc.

It is all very exciting!

Last edited by Sunbird on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Sunbird
Sunbird
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunbird Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:43 pm

Great news, today I received a box full of various COX .09's and .15's in various used condition from seized, seem to be OK to crankcase only missing piston and cylinder. Next job is to identify whether they are MED's or TD's and whether they are early or late etc. Then I need to track down the spares!!!, which might prove very difficult. Right now I am more excited about restoring COX engines than buying complete ones! Members, please keep holding my hand....
Sunbird
Sunbird
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:15 pm

Mike,

Because there are so few moving parts in these engines you can figure it out very easily on your own.

As long as you have the proper Cox wrenches and a correct size slot screwdriver(s)

Don’t force anything, take your time and all will go well.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunbird Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:24 am

Thanks Ron, I have at least two wenches for all engines .010 right through to 15 now. Unfortunately work interferes with play time so not much can be done until mid next week. I will keep you posted!
Sunbird
Sunbird
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:24 pm

Hey, Sunbird,
It's not a video but this is the best read I know of, written by our member Paul Gibeault, a many-times-champion mouse engine builder and speed racer. It takes you through every part of the performance Cox Bee engine in detail:

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t753-the-revised-2011-gibeault-mouse-race-program#10434
Click on the Download PDF button and when it opens, save it to your computer. You'll refer back to it many times.

Hope that helps. I also have a thread here on CEF with a video about how I followed his procedure with a Black Widow.
Good luck,
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down