Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet Cox_ba12

On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by roddie Today at 4:33 am

» Cox PT-19 Wing
by latole Today at 4:28 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 2:54 am

» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Simple Gliders
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet Empty
Live on Patrol

On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet

Go down

On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet Empty On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet

Post  Kim Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:18 pm

So, once again parked behind a Crackle Barrel Restaurant...my camping spot before heading across the street bright and early tomorrow for yet another Swap Meet.  This is the one that netted me a couple Goldberg Shoestrings (bucket-o-Planes) last year, along with some .15-sized Racers...and a whole van-load of gumband models for  Breezy Hill Billy.

Showing a brisk 17 degrees on my high tech outside thermometer, but my little trailer is rapidly reaching toasty status.  A little more settling in, and it'll be supper time.

Report to follow...

On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet 1_24
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet Empty Re: On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet

Post  Kim Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:38 am

I got his little old-timer-looking 3 channel at the Mattoon Swap. Figure it's an ARF, but don't know what else it is .  I plan to put a choke-exhaust Medallion .09 in it's nose, with a large enough fuel tank to let it be a cruiser at this year's S.M.A.L.L.  

Also got some Trexler wheels that ought to set it off a bit.

On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet 5_16
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet Empty Re: On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet

Post  Mark Boesen Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:50 am

Pretty cool, maybe a Ben Buckle kit?
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:55 am

Mark Boesen wrote:Pretty cool, maybe a Ben Buckle kit?

Maybe...with it's extra long gear, and some puffy tires, it ought handle the scrub brush and such around here!

The cabin is big enough for a GoPro-on-a-servo...so that will be fun to mess with!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:16 pm

lol, a gotta say of all the types of model airplanes i've had over the years, slow floaters with transparent covering have always been my favorite.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Nice looking bird Kim , Go-Pro on at servo O hea !!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:43 am

Finally got the shop heated up enough for a little work on this Swap Meet Orphan---figured that it's a Quaker of some sort and ought to fit right in with the gang at S.M.A.L.L.

I decided to bolt this Medallion .15 R/C to it's nose instead of the throttle-band Medallion .09 I'd planned.  Its probably a little much on the top end, but it throttle worked nicely on the test stand, so the plane ought to be a decent cruiser with the old .15 reined in a bit.

Got a 2 ounce Sullivan tank worked up into its snout, and some new servos set aside for it.  Sadly, the expensive set of Trexler balloon tires I thought I'd use have suffered dry rot...SHOULD have wiped them with some Armourall back when I bought them !!!

Looking forward to getting this pup on the active list for this summer!!

On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet 1_25

On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet 2_28

On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet 5_112

On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet 4_17

On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet 6_17

Last edited by Kim on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:41 am

Those Ben buckle kits look pretty cool and i like the floaters too there alot of Fun without the stress . Kim have you had that .15 medallion slide exhaust apart ? I had one before i sold it Doh! Took it completely apart , dont recall a separate ring around the cly only the mount and slider , here is a pic of it i found ..  On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet Medall10 sorry if i missunderstood ya !  This Site Rocks!  Hope to see that baby fly ! here is a link to Ben's kits i didn't see one just like that one though.  http://www.benbucklevintage.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=36
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 am

Yeah, the throttle band reference was to a Medallion .09 I'd first imagined putting on the plane. I figured that the .15 would do a better job of hauling it up ad out of the weeds.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:35 am

OK , I just missed a .09 barowled throttle on the Bay ran out of funds over 56- Sad Got one in .049 and another coming in the same . RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:41 am

Great looking lil plane Kim. Do you trust those 2 thin rubber bands to hold the wing in place when pulled by the .15 muscle-machine -Medallion?
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:39 am

balogh wrote:Great looking lil plane Kim. Do you trust those 2 thin rubber bands to hold the wing in place when pulled by the .15 muscle-machine -Medallion?

Yeah, think they'll be OK...of course they're have several more to back them up when they fly!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Kim i been looking lol and thinking a floater 3 channel or so .. What do U think of this model for a to get back in the air again .  http://www.benbucklevintage.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=14  On The Road Again: The Mattoon, Illinois Swap Meet Cfbb3b10 Now thats a funkie looking stab/elve placement Laughing Shucks throw something at me !?!???
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Looks great to me! Many of the early R/C models had their stabs held on by rubber bands...especially the single channels.
Ought to make a fine flying classic trainer !!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down