Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Did I miss something?? Cox_ba12

Did I miss something?? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stealth SB-X
by Admin Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 7:45 pm

» SUPERTIGER .15 PROJECT
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 7:42 pm

» For sale -- Cox Custom Carburetors for Tee Dee engines
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» WHERE ARE YOU BUYING YOUR FUEL AND GLOW PLUGS...?
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 4:35 pm

» Waiting for Engines from Ken Enya
by sosam117 Yesterday at 4:33 pm

» Unusual Cox 049 cylinder - Need help identifying
by anm2 Yesterday at 4:12 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:57 pm

» What's the Best Reed for Cox Reed Valve Engines.
by roddie Yesterday at 1:37 pm

» Fuel choice
by 1975 control line guy Fri Aug 30, 2024 4:01 pm

» "Fall S.M.A.L.L." Video 3.
by GallopingGhostler Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:37 pm

» Gifted Fox
by Ken Cook Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:12 am

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2024
balogh's

"Cox TD09 R/C Beast of Burden featuring Kamtechnik head and DIY metallic fuel nipple"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Did I miss something?? Empty
Live on Patrol

Did I miss something??

Go down

Did I miss something?? Empty Did I miss something??

Post  Oldenginerod Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:13 am

Just been trying to locate Blackhawk Models, to no avail. Have they gone again? Only a few still listed on Hobby King's website but all say out of stock.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Did I miss something?? Empty Re: Did I miss something??

Post  Marleysky Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:04 am

Oldenginerod wrote:Just been trying to locate Blackhawk Models, to no avail.  Have they gone again?  Only a few still listed on Hobby King's website but all say out of stock.

Unfortunately they may be gone again.  The last resurrection I found over on RCgroups all go to dead web sites.  You could try one of the two Canadian phone numbers listed to see who answers, and find out what happened.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2732061-Black-hawk-models-is-back%21
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:23 pm

pretty sure the second owners never really got BH back into production sort of like the failed effort to revive Flying Models

too bad to as BH had several I always wanted
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:34 am

I always loved the look of the Blackhawk Phantom Mk XV. The picture on the website showed a silver military finish and a Gilbert Thunderhead engine fitted. Looked so cool.
Put it off and put it off and now I'm paying for my procrastination. Just as well I got plans downloaded. If I ever build it it's gotta have the Gilbert.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:12 am

Oldenginerod wrote:Just been trying to locate Blackhawk Models, to no avail.  Have they gone again?  Only a few still listed on Hobby King's website but all say out of stock.
Only one in stock is the Musciano Scientific Stunt Trainer in USA warehouse. If you're looking for half-A's, they are simple enough that one could make their own kit. I've found that a good number of their plans includes a 1/4th scale overhead view that can be blown up to size that is decent enough to work off of. Outerzone has a number of them.

What kit did you have in mind?
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:31 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:
Only one in stock is the Musciano Scientific Stunt Trainer in USA warehouse. If you're looking for half-A's, they are simple enough that one could make their own kit. I've found that a good number of their plans includes a 1/4th scale overhead view that can be blown up to size that is decent enough to work off of. Outerzone has a number of them.

What kit did you have in mind?

As mentioned, the Phantom XV would be my first pick, but why bother?  I have 4 unbuilt 1/2A kits sitting under my bench, a Beginners Ringmaster Bipe I've started, an unfinished .15 size P-40 hanging in my shed I started 35 years ago, my Cadet 1/2A racer finished but yet to receive its hardware and a complete ready to fly Brodak Basic Trainer that I still haven't got around to flying.  Got enough to keep me busy without buying any more kits.  Besides, scratch building a slab-wing 1/2A ship is a piece of cake.  I have plans for both the Phantom and Phantom Mite so if I really wanted one I could scratch build one easy enough.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:As mentioned, the Phantom XV would be my first pick, but why bother?  I have 4 unbuilt 1/2A kits sitting under my bench, a Beginners Ringmaster Bipe I've started, an unfinished .15 size P-40 hanging in my shed I started 35 years ago, my Cadet 1/2A racer finished but yet to receive its hardware and a complete ready to fly Brodak Basic Trainer that I still haven't got around to flying.  Got enough to keep me busy without buying any more kits.

Besides, scratch building a slab-wing 1/2A ship is a piece of cake.  I have plans for both the Phantom and Phantom Mite so if I really wanted one I could scratch build one easy enough.
Sorry, somehow I missed that explanation.

I'm in the same boat as you, have a stash of unbuilt kits, even have original Musciano Scientific Piper Super Cub 18" hollow log CL, 30" all sheet Shoestring RC, my half built OK Models Pilot 29" Cessna 177 Cardinal full fuselage CL with Enya .09-III, plus about a half dozen .35-.45 larger CL's awaiting.

As I get older, I don't have the type of drive and stamina I used to when I was younger. Truth is, I am slowing down.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down