Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Look what followed me home Cox_ba12

Look what followed me home Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» How's the weather?
by HalfaDave Today at 9:34 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 8:27 am

» Enya .09 II Questions
by sosam117 Today at 8:24 am

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Today at 8:03 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Look what followed me home Empty
Live on Patrol

Look what followed me home

Go down

Look what followed me home Empty Look what followed me home

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:47 am

As of last night, I added another clunk tank Cox engine to my stable, an 049 Dragonfly. Got it for $22 + $4 shipping. There was only one other bidder against me, was any of you here?
(Just curious)  lol! Now waiting for it to be shipped. Tired w/ Coffee Read  Smoking  Popcorn

E-Bay #143033464239, Cox .049 Glow Engine

Look what followed me home S-l50010

Look what followed me home S-l50011

This will complete my RC clunk tank reed valve engine collection.

R/C Bee:

Look what followed me home Cox_0424

Ranger:
Look what followed me home Cox_0425
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Look what followed me home Empty Re: Look what followed me home

Post  Jason_WI Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:55 am

Not quite. There is an orange and yellow tank version. Practically unobtanium. Dan Sitter was selling a few on eBay ~5 years back.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:32 am

You got a great deal, and $3.99 shipping, the seller must be a saint.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:59 am

Jason_WI wrote:Not quite. There is an orange and yellow tank version. Practically unobtanium. Dan Sitter was selling a few on eBay ~5 years back.

Jason, I only know about the common Cox production items, never heard of the orange nor yellow versions. What is the history on those?

rsv1cox wrote:You got a great deal, and $3.99 shipping, the seller must be a saint.

Bob, will know more when the item arrives, hopes he pads it well.

Not long ago I purchased the prized "Twig", 26" span 4 channel Little Stick Bipe. Shipper only packed in butchers paper, thin box was folded in half by the Post Office, rendering all sticks, leading and trailing edges unusable, and a portion of the sheet goods destroyed and unusable. I'll have to replace the sticks and cut new pieces from sheet stock. Once done though, it ought to be a hot performing bipe, certainly not for the faint of heart.

- George
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:44 pm

We used to announce on the forum when we were bidding on an item so we didn’t bid against each other. Kind of a gentleman type thing. I see no reason that we shouldn’t keep that tradition going.

Glad you are happy with your purchase George.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:We used to announce on the forum when we were bidding on an item so we didn’t bid against each other. Kind of a gentleman type thing. I see no reason that we shouldn’t keep that tradition going.

Glad you are happy with your purchase George.

Agreed! Ain't nothing I need so bad that I'd go against one of our buds to get it !!!!

Ebay Impulse Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:15 pm

Kim wrote:
Cribbs74 wrote:We used to announce on the forum when we were bidding on an item so we didn’t bid against each other. Kind of a gentleman type thing. I see no reason that we shouldn’t keep that tradition going. Glad you are happy with your purchase George.
Agreed! Ain't nothing I need so bad that I'd go against one of our buds to get it !!!! Ebay Impulse Kim

Thanks, Ron & Kim. I haven't been paying much attention, and I am not that active of an engine buyer, basically once in a while here and there, and only a small number of Cox engines on top of that, so I'm a little out of tune with the forum etiquette. Where do you place such discussions?

My curiosity was if there was someone else here who may have been interested in the item. I've been watching certain items on E-Bay, and for one reason or another, the bidding on same quality item cause people to go crazy with bids, others hardly any bidding. I don't know what gives, but am glad when I land something that seems not many are really interested in. My Cox .09 Medallion R/C, .049 Ranger and .049 Medallion where such buys.

So, wasn't trying to scoop someone if they were bidding here, just more of a curiosity than anything else.

And, according to Jason there were other color tanks shot from the same mold but fewer in number, must have been a limited production run of some sort. Brightly colored tanks like orange and yellow would be of little use unless were intended for engine to be out front and exposed. Perhaps prototypes of some sort? Or, may be for those colors, the pigments are more expensive and considered non-competitive and eating into profits?

I'd understand the Ranger tanks being left in natural white. In making RTF's, cowling would make colored tanks superfluous. Most half-A kits had the engine exposed or simply sheet cheek cowls on each side of the engine. So, red and black would help to add a little visible color to the front end.

With 3D printing machines, I'd think that 3D tank mounts could become practical, but have no ideal of what costs may be involved.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Look what followed me home Empty RE: Look what followed me home

Post  66 Malibu Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:38 pm

Have always scanned the forum to see if other members had a serious interest in a particular eBay item.
I haven't needed anything badly enough to block someone else from what he might be after, or run the price up either....
I like the  "live and let live"  philosophy.
I also like to support our key suppliers like Matt and Bernie, and Steve over at Select Hobbies even though my orders haven't been very large lately...…………..
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Frankly, my interests are diverse enough that may be with a rare exception, I am probably the only one here bidding on a particular item. Overall, I have my share of disdained engines, the Gilberts, Wen Mac, Testors in different flavors, K&B Stallion, Torpedoes, Sportsters, couple MDS Russian engines, Norvel sport .061 engines, only Tee Dee I have is a .020, other odd balls like the Cox postage stamp, a few Medallions, and no ultra-high performance half-A's but a handful of sport reed valves. Then have odd ball accessories like Tatone mufflers, some Dubros, etc., not to mention also odd ball kits, too, including control line and free flight. (Who these days does single channel?)

So, I serious doubt that I would ever be interfering with someone else's buy. I did go neck and neck with a bidder found later to be a member or RC Groups on an Enya .06 reed valve engine. Later he offered for me to buy it from him but never took him up on the offer.

Plus, once a price starts to escalate, I then lose interest. I like engines, like to clean up and restore engines, am not particular to clean, new in the box engines.

So, I'm not going for that rare must have item as I have enough to be content with. Life is too short to have conflicts over essentially toy engines, if you know what I mean.

And yes, I don't order much, but have gotten parts needs met through Bernie's and Matt's Cox engine supplies.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:35 am

Nice Looking collection of clunkies , i have had a couple of these engines but let them go . Wish i would have ran some of them , found them a PIA to clean up i guess it was all the screws Laughing
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:06 am

Well, as this post has expanded into a discussion of ebay buys of our particular interest, let me offer (again) my ebay bidding philosophy.

Bid once, what the item is worth to you.  Bid early, stand your ground and don't waver.  Don't get into an emotional bidding war with another buyer.  "What the item is worth to you" may be substantially more than someone else is willing to pay or substantially less. I bid to keep or give away, not to resell so I'm not looking for bargains.

In olden days ebay identified the bidders/winner, today it's coded.  Not so easy to ID fellow CEF members, but you can look to locations.  Only way to avoid in-forum competition would be for Jacob to set up a bidders page, but I don't know if I would be in favor of that.  Might not even be legal in today's litigious world.  

All that said, I have been on an ebay rampage.  Christmas gifts, and then there is meeeeee.... Smile

Look what followed me home Fireba20

Look what followed me home Camo_a10

Look what followed me home Cox__t10

Look what followed me home Cox_pl10

Look what followed me home Cox_bw10

And others that I can't picture as someone close also reads these pages.

The yellow prop BB came with the parts pictured.  I just wanted those small tanks.  Thought they might work for my planned fleet of Firebabys.  The BW just looked weird and that's the first black fuselage FB that I have seen.  Oddly marked too and the pilot is missing most of his head.  A "second" perhaps, but the box is mint.

Got the three engines too, Silver Bee, BB, and a diesel OK Cub marked .049B  Looks like the head is dedicated not a glow plug adapter.  Guess OK made a diesel too.  I'm thinking diesel Firebaby. I like the wood prop marked Series 25.

Look what followed me home 3_engi10

Look what followed me home 3_engi11

Look what followed me home 3_engi12

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Nice set of man cave items, Bob. Thumbs Up Beer Cheers
Look what also followed me home, today: drunken  lol!
Look what followed me home Jetco_10

Look what followed me home Jetco_12

Look what followed me home Jetco_11
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content