Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

eBay sales tax Cox_ba12

eBay sales tax Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by Oldenginerod Today at 1:59 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

eBay sales tax Empty
Live on Patrol

eBay sales tax

Go down

eBay sales tax Empty eBay sales tax

Post  crankbndr Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:13 pm

I just got nailed for sales tax for a sale to Washington state, I didn't charge the tax so my Im now loosing 20%+
!4% to eBay and PayPal now over 6% to Washington state. eBay is going to take it upon themselves to take my money and sent it to the tax collector.
I will be done with eBay soon and have to sell person to person. Anyone else have this happen? I think right now its Washington but other states are lining up.
No exemption for a small timer like me??
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

eBay sales tax Empty Re: eBay sales tax

Post  crankbndr Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:04 pm

Never mind I got it wrong eBay charged the buyer and I never knew it didn’t show up on any invoices I found out cause the buyer told me
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:16 pm

I’ve noticed this, not on Ebay, but out of state sales. I fully expect to pay a tax within my home state, but not outside it.

I can give a political rant about it, but I will refrain. Taxes outside of your state unless you are physically in said state is just wrong.

Ron

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:17 pm

from one of my listings, the tax part is new. Taxes automatically charged to Washington and Minnesota buyers. Many more states to follow.

eBay sales tax Tax210
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:19 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:I’ve noticed this, not on Ebay, but out of state sales. I fully expect to pay a tax within my home state, but not outside it.

I can give a political rant about it, but I will refrain. Taxes outside of your state unless you are physically in said state is just wrong.

Ron

One of the hardest things is keeping a politician out of my wallet. GGGrrrrrrr
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:08 am

I wouldn’t expect anything less from those 2 states. I would expect other costal states and that big I state below me to start that soon too.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:59 am

The tax is supposed to level the playing ground with  “brick and mortar” shops, you know, since I can just go up the street and buy a Black Widow anytime I want.

The new governor Minneapolis pretty much elected for the state is all about raising taxes, wants us to have the highest gas tax, wheelage tax, increase state sales tax, soft drink tax, plastic bag tax... right now clothing, drugs and (unprepared) food is not taxed but that could change.

We have a $1.5 billion surplus, but supposedly that is out of the question when it comes to roads and bridges, the reason for a higher gas tax...

You know things are going to hell when most polls show legalizing weed as the highest priority this session.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:49 am

I haven't sold on the Bay in a while but will before much longer , i don't like there way of doing business either = Just finished paying Paypal off and i don't want NO more of their credit !! Although i do pretty much buying on there ,, Has anyone sold on Amazon ? Happy New Year WEED !>!? why not they control the Beer and Liquor, cigs. anyway . Beer Cheers
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:19 am

The guy in Washington was complaining about my shipping cost and said he had to pay sales tax to boot.
I shot back i don't charge sales tax and shipping is what it is. Nothing on my end showed he was being taxed.
I use Priority Mail flat rate cause it costs me same from Fla. to Hawaii, I print shipping labels from my computer and no waiting in line at PO.
Shipping other ways I need to measure and weight box to calculate different costs depending on location, or wait in line at PO
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:26 am

Paid NM sales tax for an engine I bought from someone on E-Bay in NM. So far haven't had to pay for sales tax on out of state items. No telling, that could change. Since our industries have been decimated with jobs and goods manufacturing shipped overseas, the tax base is gone, so they are making it up through the other sources, income tax, property tax, sales tax, vehicle registration tax, gasoline tax (on top of it already having sales tax), hotel tax, and etc. They repealed sales tax on food (except deli) in NM, but raised the sales tax on the rest to compensate. I wished they simply left things alone. You are still paying the same overall, no matter what.

And regarding someone being charged sales tax on E-Bay, could this be an E-Bay thing, they collect the tax instead of the seller, then forward to the state tax office, so it is transparent to the seller?
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:47 am

While not a seller or much of a buyer on ebay, I feel for those that pay taxes. My thoughts are that somebody has already paid taxes on these items at sometime. Same thing here as well. We pay taxes on purchases made at local auction sales! Again, somebody has already purchased the item and paid taxes on it!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:53 am

Almost every State has an on line purchase sales Tax not collected at point of sale BUT on the books that every year you must declare the total cost of all goods and services paid for on line... then you pay the appropriate state sales tax to your state...been on the book in my state Texas, ever since Al Gore invented the internet....most states do not, or should I say did not, collect it

Federal law changed last year as part of the net neutrality changes. The new statute codifies the law that allows each state to demand sales tax from the on line retailer...as stated above, the intent is to level the playing field....for support in favor of Brick n mortar who are at a disadvantage

Living rural, wife and I do a LOT on line----- and I always sought out outlets--- NOT in Texas ---so I could try to beat local prices, with no tax a significant figure for big ticket items, and smart shopping looking for the free shipping deals also

Over the years I bought a bunch, Tax Free, from Cabelas...then they opened stores in Texas...that nice perk was lost

BTW there are simply too many other options for me to sell of stuff...I buy on E-bay a bit but I only sell on free sites...and accept the limited audience

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:47 am

The small time sellers are OK its the buyers they want the tax from. If you are a small time seller like me your OK.
Its my customer that complained of his own state taxes.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down