Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Enya .60-III RC Cox_ba12

Enya .60-III RC Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Enya .60-III RC Empty
Live on Patrol

Enya .60-III RC

Go down

Enya .60-III RC Empty Enya .60-III RC

Post  roddie Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:17 pm

I received this "prize-engine" from our member rsv1Cox (Bob) in the mail this afternoon.. after correctly guessing the engine in a model-airplane that he'd won an eBay auction for. It's now the largest displacement model engine that I have.

I've never run a model aero-engine this big... and won't; until I have more info. about it. I'll need to obtain a propeller for bench-running.

Bob included a "Perry" pump with this engine. I'm not sure.. but I think that the pump works with crankcase-pressure.

Here are a few photos that I shot.. which I thought might pertain to my query..

Enya .60-III RC Enya_610
Enya .60-III RC Enya_611
Enya .60-III RC Enya_612

I'm not sure how to run this engine on the "pump". It seems to be set-up to run that way.

I sourced a gallon of VP-Power-Master 10-22 2-stroke glow-fuel last year.. for the purpose of bench-running my old/vintage larger-displacement steel-fin engines.

I would definitely test-run this big Enya on that fuel-blend.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Enya .60-III RC Empty Re: Enya .60-III RC

Post  NEW222 Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:26 pm

Glad you got it, cause I too am unsure about a pumped engine. I will be watching this for sure to understand it. Also to figure out how, where, and why all them hoses go where they do. I have heard of Perry Pumps online before. I received my gift today here too. I have just been looking at models online for the past bit wondering what to get or build.....
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  smooth_bill Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:34 pm

I briefly owned an Enya 60-IIIC GM10S many years ago.

Test ran it in my garage with the door open, but quickly shut it down, when it started dragging the entire 2X4 saw horse test stand out the door!  Shocked

An absolute brute of an engine! lol!

Sold it to a couple helicopter pilots in my club, who claimed it was the best R/C helicopter engine in the world!

Bill
smooth_bill
smooth_bill
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:51 pm

Roddie, the large engines are much friendlier. They can also hurt you more. Backflip the prop. The pump isn't needed as it will draw fuel just fine. Just cap the pressure fitting. Use a prop 12x6-13x5-13x6. Your fuel can be used in any engine vintage iron or modern and don't let anyone tell you different. We run EVERYTHING on it. My club members are running brand new late 40's vintage engines new out of the box on this fuel. If it were a risk do you think they would use it? It's ideal for a ringed engine as it won't carbon up the rings. Here's the first flight Enya .60 on the giant magician
https://www.facebook.com/PhillyFliersCL/videos/vb.513140418756097/2003887423014715/?type=2&theater It's a thirsty one.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:59 pm

In addition, you will have to ream the prop hole as it's not a standard shaft size. Having a stepped metric reamer is most helpful. You can use a standard tapered reamer from the rear just constantly check to insure a good fit as it breaks out the front.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:32 pm

Ken Cook wrote:In addition, you will have to ream the prop hole as it's not a standard shaft size. Having a stepped  metric reamer is most helpful. You can use a standard tapered reamer from the rear just constantly check to insure a good fit as it breaks out the front.

Thanks MUCH Ken! Thumbs Up A ball-park size propeller for this engine is info that I needed. The carb was a little stiff.. so I lubed the barrel and linkage with a few drops of light-oil.. which loosened things right-up. It may be a while before I run this engine. I also put a few drops of the same light-oil into the exhaust-port.. and rocked the crank back and forth a bit. All parts are sealed in a zip-lock bag until I'm ready to run it.

I guess I'll have to source a metric-size prop-reamer in order to fit a propeller to this engine. I informed "Bob".. that I actually have a model-kit that requires a .60 size 2-stroke RC engine. It a 1978 vintage "Top-Flite" Corsair kit#RC-21 that my brother found at a flea-market.

Enya .60-III RC Top-fl10
Enya .60-III RC Dsc02813
Enya .60-III RC Dsc02814
Enya .60-III RC Dsc02815

Some of you might remember me posting these photos a while back. The kit was lacking an engine-cowling.. Sad Crying or Very sad
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:21 pm

Now, that's a load of lumber there! Looks like you got a good candidate for the engine.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:08 am

Ken Cook wrote:         Roddie, the large engines are much friendlier.

That may be true, but until you get accustomed to them, they can be pretty scary as well. First time I fired up my Enya .60 I didn't know whether to shut it down or turn and run Laughing
It really makes you start to question the security of whatever you have it mounted to. Open full throttle and that thing just wants to go wherever it chooses. A bit like the first time you use a chainsaw, when you think,"Hang on. This thing could kill me!!"
Don't let me put you off running it Roddie, just be prepared.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P. Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:50 am

That Enya is a great engine.  Very well mannered and pretty powerful for it's day.  The pump is really only necessary if you need to locate the tank further aft than right behind the firewall or if you are installing it in a pattern ship.  The fuel you have will be just fine, larger engines are not as finnicky about fuel as our little friends are.  A good prop to start with is a 12 - 6, it should turn in the 11 - 12K range.  11 - 7 is good for a pattern plane.

It will pull a sawhorse around so do make sure it is bolted down to something heavy when you first crank it up.  

Nice engine, great airplane for it too.  Ol' One-tooth Bob as a friend is even better! I Love This Forum!
Dave P.
Dave P.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:17 am

Whew, Glad to see good reviews of that .60 roddie. I knew it was a good engine but it's good to hear it from others too.

My only .60 powered airplane was this Lainer, my first R/C model. A poor airplane to learn on so I quickly transitioned to .29/.35 powered Sterling Fledgling after pulling the Lanier out of a tree in a school yard so many years ago.

Enya .60-III RC Lanier11

I hope that you found the sheet of Hot Wheels stamps in there too.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:39 pm

Lanier ARFs?? Someone gave me a high wing Cessna looking Lanier thing that had been thoroughly shagged out rotten. I dissected it just for forensics, hardware salvage and to make it fit in the garbage can.  There must have been about two pounds of epoxy, hot glue and contact cement from the factory in the thing. The 1/2" thick plywood firewall and all the other bits and pieces of wood in it looked like they came from the scrap pile at a lumberyard/sawmill.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:52 pm

ticomareado wrote:Lanier ARFs?? Someone gave me a high wing Cessna looking Lanier thing that had been thoroughly shagged out rotten. I dissected it just for forensics, hardware salvage and to make it fit in the garbage can.  There must have been about two pounds of epoxy, hot glue and contact cement from the factory in the thing. The 1/2" thick plywood firewall and all the other bits and pieces of wood in it looked like they came from the scrap pile at a lumberyard/sawmill.

All true, but for me it was my first big boy plane and I giggled like a kid while opening the box.

I built a four channel Blue? Max radio from a kit for it and amazing it worked very well. Another guy at a club that I later joined had a similar Lanier that he had crashed multiple times but he still flew it. Probably still flying or it's the one in your garbage can.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:29 am

Nice looking Enya Roddie That should blow your hair back lol! I looked but don't have any props that i want to part with that big , if it were a 10x6 i have plenty !! DAMMIT!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down