Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Which receiver do you use? - Page 3 Cox_ba12

Which receiver do you use? - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Admin Today at 8:41 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Today at 8:05 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Admin Today at 7:54 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Today at 2:48 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Which receiver do you use? - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

Which receiver do you use?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Which receiver do you use? - Page 3 Empty Re: Which receiver do you use?

Post  andrew Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:49 pm

CYPRESS Technology announced that the CTRF6936 chip which the Spektrum DSM2/X™, Lemon and Orange compatible receivers relied on was End-of-Life and would no longer be manufactured. As such, Spektrum and Lemon were left scrambling to find a replacement chip for their receivers. Spectrum elected, I believe, to use Texas Instrument's CC2650 which combined microprocessor and RF functionality on the same die. Lemon selected a different chip from a different vendor using SDR (Software Defined Receiver) protocol based on firmware loaded onto the chip itself.

With the change to newer chips and the improved die designs, both Spektrum and Lemon have benefited from improved performance. DSM2 and DSMX are trademarks registered to Horizon Hobbies and refer to the frequency agility that allows multiple TX/RX pairs to operate in close physical proximity in the 2.4GHz spectrum. Lemon's new protocol is DSMP (I don't know what Spektrum is calling its new protocol), but both are backwards compatible with DSM2 and DSMX transmitters. Consequently, Lemon is dropping all of their DSM2 only products.

That being said, I've used Lemon receivers almost exclusively for several years with no problems (dumb thumbing excluded). With the movement forward to DSMP protocol, all Lemon receivers are classified as full range. At $8.50 each, 6 channels and 3.8 grams, they're hard to beat.
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  --Oz-- Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:22 pm

I prefer expresslrs protocol, mainly because low latency, going from the old 60hz to 110 was night and day, now moving to 250hz is another improvement, I did not notice going to 500hz. When going back slower, you wonder how you even put up with the delay. Also cost, size and weight are great.

Here is a couple for quads or planes with a FC, around half gram. Under $15 each.
The Rx with [wm is under 3g w/o the case.

Which receiver do you use? - Page 3 Ulrs_r10
--Oz--
--Oz--
Gold Member
Gold Member

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=91160

Back to top Go down

Post  --Oz-- Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:28 pm

andrew wrote:CYPRESS Technology announced that the CTRF6936 chip which the Spektrum DSM2/X™, Lemon and Orange compatible receivers relied on was End-of-Life and would no longer be manufactured.  As such, Spektrum and Lemon were left scrambling to find a replacement chip for their receivers.  Spectrum elected, I believe, to use Texas Instrument's CC2650 which combined microprocessor and RF functionality on the same die.  Lemon selected a different chip from a different vendor using SDR (Software Defined Receiver) protocol based on firmware loaded onto the chip itself.  

With the change to newer chips and the improved die designs, both Spektrum and Lemon have benefited from improved performance.  DSM2 and DSMX are trademarks registered to Horizon Hobbies and refer to the frequency agility that allows multiple TX/RX pairs to operate in close physical proximity in the 2.4GHz spectrum.  Lemon's new protocol is DSMP (I don't know what Spektrum is calling its new protocol), but both are backwards compatible with DSM2 and DSMX transmitters.  Consequently, Lemon is dropping all of their DSM2 only products.

That being said, I've used Lemon receivers almost exclusively for several years with no problems (dumb thumbing excluded).  With the movement forward to DSMP protocol, all Lemon receivers are classified as full range.  At $8.50 each, 6 channels and 3.8 grams, they're hard to beat.

For spectrum users (not me), this has got to be some really good news for them, over the years I have seen a hundred spectrum planes crashes at my field all in the spectrum "hole" of our field, glad to see the change.
--Oz--
--Oz--
Gold Member
Gold Member

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=91160

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3