Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

A little tether car cox powered - Page 2 Cox_ba12

A little tether car cox powered - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by Oldenginerod Today at 4:59 pm

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Today at 12:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Today at 12:15 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Today at 5:45 am

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Today at 3:21 am

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Today at 2:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 2:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Today at 1:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 11:59 pm

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 9:46 pm

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 8:33 pm

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 10:28 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

A little tether car cox powered - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

A little tether car cox powered

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A little tether car cox powered - Page 2 Empty Re: A little tether car cox powered

Post  Dave P. Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:00 am

That's really sharp Juan. Very nice job, especially your engineering and machining. Thanks for letting us watch over your shoulder.
Dave P.
Dave P.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

A little tether car cox powered - Page 2 Empty Re: A little tether car cox powered

Post  F4D Phantom II Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:33 am

Thank`s guys. Like I said at the beginning I was inspired by a Hubley toy racer that Mr. Leo Squires built. I have searched but his site is no more. It has been a lot of work for me since I`m an amateur machinist but I enjoyed doing it and the final product.
I have to think what to do next now that I will be having free time. Here is a link to Worthpoint that shows the car by Mr. Squires

Juan

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-hubley-kiddie-car-gas-powered-13994603
F4D Phantom II
F4D Phantom II
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:21 am

y have ok engines like in hubley of that mr. leo y never tink of using it for cars as y like to control my model scale as posible no insane speed risking to destroy nice old engines y run my cars as mutch posible not park til castor oil gum turn to varnish ting y forget to say is a nice build u made cool simple model Thumbs Up
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:50 pm

Even more impressive when you consider that it started out looking something like this:

A little tether car cox powered - Page 2 Red_hu10

Which got me to thinking about if I could power one with a Pittman motor from a model locomotive, they will run on a 9 volt smoke detector battery.  

A little tether car cox powered - Page 2 Varney21

Which would need a little different body style to accommodate the taller motor.

A little tether car cox powered - Page 2 Blue_d10

I'm just thinking Juan but you are the motivator.  Trouble is, I do more thinking than I do doing.  Sad
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 pm

That looks Fantastic Juan ! You should bee very proud of the work you have put in to it ! Do you plan to run it ?
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  F4D Phantom II Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:17 am

davidll1984 wrote:y have ok engines like in hubley of that mr. leo y never tink of using it for cars as y like to control my model scale as posible no insane speed risking to destroy nice old engines y run my cars as mutch posible not park til castor oil gum turn to varnish ting y forget to say is a nice build u made cool simple model Thumbs Up

Hello DavidII1984
I built the little car for the joy of doing it and have no plans to do anything that might damage it. I have been in the hobby for many years doing airplanes, cars, helicopters and having fun. Thanks for your comments.
Juan
F4D Phantom II
F4D Phantom II
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  F4D Phantom II Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:21 am

rsv1cox wrote:Even more impressive when you consider that it started out looking something like this:

A little tether car cox powered - Page 2 Red_hu10

Which got me to thinking about if I could power one with a Pittman motor from a model locomotive, they will run on a 9 volt smoke detector battery.  

A little tether car cox powered - Page 2 Varney21

Which would need a little different body style to accommodate the taller motor.

A little tether car cox powered - Page 2 Blue_d10

I'm just thinking Juan but you are the motivator.  Trouble is, I do more thinking than I do doing.  Sad

Hello rsv1cox
Give it a try and just work a little bit at a time in the project and you will have it done. I like the little car in the photo you posted how old and what brand is it?
Juan
F4D Phantom II
F4D Phantom II
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  F4D Phantom II Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:30 am

getback wrote:That looks Fantastic Juan ! You should bee very proud of the work you have put in to it  ! Do you plan to run it ?

Hello getback
I don`t think so because I know that at the first flip and crash the body is soft and might twist into a pretzel but if my new grandson 16 months old want to see it run in future years I just might but very carefully. I will give the paint job about a month and then I might try to run the engine. Thanks for asking.
Juan
F4D Phantom II
F4D Phantom II
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:01 pm

F4D Phantom II wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:Even more impressive when you consider that it started out looking something like this:

Hello rsv1cox
                        Give it a try and just work a little bit at a time in the project and you will have it done. I like the little car in the photo you posted how old and what brand is it?
                                                                                                                           Juan

It's something that I found on ebay under "Hubley toy cars". I went back and tried to find it this morning but someone must have snatched it up.

These seem to run between $20 and $30 on ebay.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:58 pm

Helo y need help wit m'y own tether cars y started To build just want To no the weight of ur model and if it run fine wit its direct drive weel y dont want To direct drive m'y just want To look m'y options To make it work Good so y can run him and Witch weel u use ?? Cant Find narow tire and mags y have 2 only want 4 exact same weels ?? M'y model is 1\24 scale look very close in size tink m'y smaler and light its aluminium zamac y tink
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2