Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 Cox_ba12

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 9:29 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 Empty Re: So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:44 am

Here's something you may not have seen yet, makes for a good read, published yesterday. Seems pensioners (retirees) have all sorts of ways to get themselves into a little bit of a bind, the French not excepting. Paranoid

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/04/09/frenchman_ejected_fighter_jet_retirement_jolly/

The Register wrote:An elderly and reluctant Frenchman was ejected from a French Air Force fighter during a retirement day jolly – and narrowly missed taking the pilot with him, an investigation report littered with unintentional howlers has revealed.The unnamed 64-year-old was éjecté from the two-seat Rafale-B from a height of 2,500ft in March last year after grabbing his ejection seat handle to steady himself, France's BEA-E aviation investigator concluded.

It makes for a humorous read. Please enjoy all your morning, fellow builders and fliers. This Site Rocks!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 Empty Re: So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?

Post  rsv1cox Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:10 am

NEW222 wrote:I hear you Bob. Then mice are very good at building nests in the most inconvenient places to us.

For me here, it is finishing up things on my Ultra Stick. Speaking of, I guess I better update that thread later....

Yeah George, us old guys are not as sharp as we used to be.

Turns out my smoking muffler on my lawn mower was not caused by mice making a nest in there, but rather by loose valve cover bolts. When shut down the oil puddled in the valve cover and dripped onto the hot muffler causing a bunch of smoke. I finally took the time to watch it happen.

Tightened the bolts and all is good now.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  modelbuilder49 Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:22 am

Hey George! I'm just spending time in my workshop, sniffin' balsa!! Shocked Laughing Laughing

Jim
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:36 am

Seeing that I'm on Coronacation, I ventured into the shop and started with the problematic planes that have only flown once or twice. I have 3 new builds to fly and hopefully soon can get out to do so.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:10 pm

rsv1cox wrote:
NEW222 wrote:I hear you Bob. Then mice are very good at building nests in the most inconvenient places to us.

For me here, it is finishing up things on my Ultra Stick. Speaking of, I guess I better update that thread later....

Yeah George, us old guys are not as sharp as we used to be.

Turns out my smoking muffler on my lawn mower was not caused by mice making a nest in there, but rather by loose valve cover bolts.  When shut down the oil puddled in the valve cover and dripped onto the hot muffler causing a bunch of smoke.  I finally took the time to watch it happen.  

Tightened the bolts and all is good now.

Lucky dog!! Love an easy fix!! Never happens to me, I touch it and two other things go wrong. lol! Had two plumbing problems pop up last two days, no biggie but who wants to go to the home stores. Down here they are packed like sardines, I think I will get some HD and Lowes stock with my Trumpbucks.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:59 pm

"Trumpbucks" HA! Good luck with that! I'll believe it when I see it!
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:26 pm

My employer sought.. and chose to resume operations consistent with Massachusetts Commonwealth/State guidelines; being part of the Commercial Facilities supply-chain which qualifies as essential-business.

That said.. I've been working M-F 8hrs./day as part of a skeleton-crew. This past February I became their F/T CNC operator. The pandemic was happening at that time.. but the U.S. got a late start with preventative-action.

Lynne and I live in NW Rhode Island. Lynne's employer is in RI. She's been working from home since mid-March. We're both from SE Massachusetts originally. MA and RI have had different mandates imposed, in their efforts to contain the virus.

I thought I'd share an image/photo, that I saved recently..

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 Rabbit10
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:06 pm

Glad to hear you and Lynne are safe. I'm kind of in
the same boat, except I've gone from a normal
work week, to 3 ten hour days a week in a different
location. Ok, not the same. I'm a building manager
for a research/academic facility(CSHL). I saw a
tumbleweed in a hall the other day. Strange days indeed my friend.
Spending days off with dear old(95) dad. We still have a few laughs.
Bob

Loved the bear-rabbit.
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:07 am

can you say FIRE WOOD lol! That was yesterday and the day before went back to the 30s last night some 40s coming Surprised Not bad but its my only heat sep for that room heater ! Today , Landray linings anyway .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:52 pm

Just like before...never go anywhere and spend all day talking to the cats!  Just like the previous 5 mos.!  Only difference is ,that was called winter! ...Now we have a 2 day blizzard predicted!...so...same o, same o.
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:05 pm

Did get an evening Rc flight in when the wind went down!.....calm before the storm.So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 20200411
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:01 pm

Green grass and flying yesterday,...and this is what we have for the next 2 days! Bad enough being a stay at home...now can't even go outside!So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 20200412
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Diedrichs Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:45 pm

Finkys Daddy sayz use the PPE stuff and we will all get through this!!! Happy Ether Everybody...MarkSo, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 20191036
Mark Diedrichs
Mark Diedrichs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:43 pm

Well I just got my Trumpbucks direct deposit, I feel guilty taking it though. We are not hurting like some, I am thinking about leaving the waitress at my favorite pizza joint a 2K tip.
My spending is way down since can't leave the house with the plastic card, and my favorite waitress is a looker. lol!
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:58 pm

crankbndr wrote:Well I just got my Trumpbucks direct deposit, I feel guilty taking it though. We are not hurting like some, I am thinking about leaving the waitress at my favorite pizza joint a 2K tip.
My spending is way down since can't leave the house with the plastic card, and my favorite waitress is a looker. lol!

X2 CB.

And Mark, RF is certainly well protected.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:28 pm

You can go to a pizza joint?... nothing open here. If I get any money it'll go towards moving.
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:53 pm

The restaurants here are delivery or take out only, pizza is probably doing better than most. The waitress brings order outside.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:08 am

Aah...cool! Is she wearing a mask and gloves,? 🙂
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:29 am

OhBee wrote:Aah...cool!  Is she wearing a mask and gloves,?   🙂

What, like this one?
So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 S-l16017
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:51 am

Down here no mask = 30 days in the hole
She let me take a photo

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 Nurse210
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:03 pm

Lynne and I Easter Sunday here at home in Northern Rhode Island. Lynne later made a lasagna to die for.. I ate too much.. which is not uncommon when she cooks-up a feast.

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 Easter10
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:26 pm

My last four coved-19 days have been spent doing this.  

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 P1010242
So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 P1010243

Love it.  Nothing like being outside in cool crisp weather.  Just hate the Pine Bark Beetle responsible for killing many of my pine trees.

Wonderful picture Roddie. Enjoy each day that you spend together.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:12 pm

This is what it's like here..So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 2 20200226
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:33 pm

That is amazing for mid April, even in Minnesota.

We had snow here last night, a trace but nothing like that.

Love the cat!

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:12 pm

This is our third April in a row like this! ....and it was just getting green and drying out from the previous
months of snow!
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next