Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The Mighty Jackson Cox_ba12

The Mighty Jackson Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by roddie Today at 4:33 am

» Cox PT-19 Wing
by latole Today at 4:28 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 2:54 am

» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Simple Gliders
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The Mighty Jackson Empty
Live on Patrol

The Mighty Jackson

Go down

The Mighty Jackson Empty The Mighty Jackson

Post  roddie Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:04 pm

... some of you will relate to this.. but for those who don't know; the Jackson is a wheelbarrow that’s been used by Brick and Stone Mason’s for mixing cement/mortar since… good wheelbarrow’s were being made. It's your Father's wheelbarrow.. if your father was a Mason.

My youngest brother "Jeffrey" is a Stone-Mason. He gave me one of his older Jackson's when Lynne and I moved into our 1st home here in RI. He re-oiled the wood handles.  

The Mighty Jackson Jackso11

If she could only talk.. the stories she'd tell.  Shocked   I have to put air in her tire frequently.. but I don't mind. I have one of those manual/foot-operated air-pumps. It adds to the whole experience. (my snow-thrower has solid-rubber tires.. hehe)

Loaded with some landscape tools this past Saturday.. Lynne and I..

The Mighty Jackson Jackso12

during.. (below photo is May.. stones were raked-out to install new weed-block material. Outside temperature was approx. 88 degrees F)

The Mighty Jackson 20200520

.. five months later.. It's 68 degrees.. (last Saturday) I come home from work at noon. Lynne is in gear to work. The two of us did a commando on the stone-pile blocking the front walk.

The Mighty Jackson 20201010

.. it would have been a whole lot harder without a wheelbarrow. BTYB guyz who love toolzz
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

The Mighty Jackson Empty Re: The Mighty Jackson

Post  dckrsn Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:41 pm

Yep, A quality tool for sure,Roddie. I'm on my second, probably my last.
Another Jackson piece I've used a lot, is their mortar pan.
Mod # MP1 or 1MP? The Mighty Jackson Jackso10
Works well if you're just whipping up a bag or two of
Sakrete or similar concrete mix.
Also, the project looks nice, well done.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:11 am

Nice work roddie, and finished with smiley face stepping stones.

I have one just like it. Used it last year to mix cement and build a retaining wall.

The Mighty Jackson P1010514

I keep it somewhat protected on the front porch of the cabin.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:56 pm

Hey! Two Roberts.. Bob Bob for apples.. Very Happy I digress
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:50 pm

dckrsn wrote:Yep, A quality tool for sure,Roddie. I'm on my second, probably my last.
Another Jackson piece I've used a lot, is their mortar pan.
Mod # MP1 or 1MP? The Mighty Jackson Jackso10
Works well if you're just whipping up a bag or two of
Sakrete or similar concrete mix.
Also, the project looks nice, well done.
Bob

You'll always be "Bob" to me. Smile rsv1cox (Robert) is Robert to me. Smile I like the pan. I used a poly one when I set the cobbles around the base of our swimming-pool. The pan worked real good for this application. One mix (bag) would set at least six cobbles . It was easy to drag the pan along.. without having to stand-up, shovel-out the mix.. and kneel back down to set another cobble.

The Mighty Jackson Photo-11

I made a guage-tool to set each cobble's elevation and offset, using the wall-track as a reference.

The Mighty Jackson Photo-12

Weed-blocker fabric, covered with stone-dust...

The Mighty Jackson Dsc00412

then Lynne back-fills with white marble chips.

The Mighty Jackson Dsc00411
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:46 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Nice work roddie, and finished with smiley face stepping stones.

I have one just like it.  Used it last year to mix cement and build a retaining wall.

The Mighty Jackson P1010514

I keep it somewhat protected on the front porch of the cabin.  

Hi Robert, Smile You know; I've been worried about you.. since you posted about driving into a hole on your quad.. Jesus Lord. Shocked ....... ya know? You've got a helluva' lot of life experience sir. I can only hope to have half as much. Smile

I like the swing.. in your photo. The swing.. is the thing.. It's a relaxing pause.. that opens up the mind to clearer thinking. Whether alone or with someone.. doesn't matter. Sit for a bit.. reflect.

I'm very glad that you didn't get hurt on the quad. I hope to get more images/intel on the old Buick Riviera that's down the road in storage. My brother inquired that same area for vintage Dodge Power Wagons. There were no less than a dozen late 1940's trucks in that locale. (gone now unfortunately)

I do have a line on a mid 60's Cadillac Coupe De Ville ragtop..

The Mighty Jackson 12085410
The Mighty Jackson 12085810
The Mighty Jackson 12087010
The Mighty Jackson 12087011

A Musician friend of mine has a Used-Auto dealer's license.

I'm seein' somethin' like either this...

The Mighty Jackson Caddy_10

this..

The Mighty Jackson Caddy_11

or this...

The Mighty Jackson Cadill12

Imagine cruising up USI95N into New Hampshire or further.. for a week or so, in a big ol' Caddy.. Smile
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:48 pm

roddie wrote:
I do have a line on a mid 60's Cadillac Coupe De Ville ragtop......

A Musician friend of mine has a Used-Auto dealer's license.

I'm seein' somethin' like either this...

The Mighty Jackson Caddy_10

this..

The Mighty Jackson Caddy_11

or this...

The Mighty Jackson Cadill12

Imagine cruising up USI95N into New Hampshire or further.. for a week or so, in a big ol' Caddy.. Smile

Looks like the ultimate "fair weather" band rig Roddie!  Thumbs Up
Load up the boys and hit the road (unless you're in lockdown like me Sad Goodbye ). We haven't been able to travel outside of our state since March, plus we lost about 3-4 band gigs that were coming up.  Haven't even been (legally)able to get together to jam/rehearse.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:30 am

I too used to get confused with Bob, Bob (aka Robert), Rob, Roddie and Rod...

That Jackson is a classic, so is the Caddy Cool
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:02 am

Yeah i got one those deep dish wheel barrows , its amazing the tire holds air lol , rim rot , handles have bee bore holes in it and i hate the way if you tilt it too much when pushing it grabs the ground and you lung into it OWH Get the Black rag top that is you , if your like me you will never get the one on the truck restored lol! And why did you break Lynn's (wrong spelling) arm to get her to help LOL Just kidding . We have been hi 70s to 80 * for fall weather here sunny Airplane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:20 am

KariFS wrote:I too used to get confused with Bob, Bob (aka Robert), Rob, Roddie and Rod...

That Jackson is a classic, so is the Caddy Cool

I answer to most anything including - "Hey you!"

When annoyed Mom called me ROBERT SCOTT, Mark too but with a heavily accented ROBERT.  My wife just called me Bob or Bobby, a hold-over from our high school days.  When annoyed she just gave me - The look - which was quite often.  She loved that swing. She would pick pine cones off the ground sit on that swing and just contemplate. Looks like Lynne has a bad case of carpel tunnel or a broken thumb or wrist.

I love those old Cadillac boats roddie.  The dirty white convertible on the trailer gives me chills.  Years ago I would have torn into the thing "like a monkey on a cupcake."  Some Everyone Loves Raymond quote of seasons ago.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:28 pm

OK.. six months since Robert (rsv1cox/Bob Vining) posted. "Robert".. you paint a picture with words that I often see so clearly, like I was once a visitor.. or acquaintance in another life. Smile Many of you people write that way.. and it makes it a pleasure to read your posts. Smile Smile

The "Mighty Jackson" emerged from the shed this weekend. Time to transplant/harden-off some seedlings started a few weeks ago. Got out the homemade  "sifter"; a 2' X 2' square-frame of 1" X 2" pine with a 2' X 2" sheet of 1/4" hardware-cloth stapled to it.

The Mighty Jackson 20210411
The Mighty Jackson 20210412

I have a dirt-pile...  Laughing (you people should all have one) which receives the previous seasons dirt.. roots.. emptied from pots the following Spring. I shovel some onto my sieve-frame.. and sift into the "Jackson".

The Mighty Jackson 20210413

Peat-Moss is mixed into the dirt,, which is what we transplant our seedlings with. Yesterday we transplanted some Basil.. because Lynne makes Basil Pesto.. and we by-chance scored a good deal on "Pine-Nuts" (Pinoli, Pignoli) Pine-Nut WIKI

a key ingredient often substituted with walnuts.. but lacking the Pine-Nut essence.

Then there are several Nasturtium seedlings.. a Crimson Red variety chosen to attract/invite hummingbirds to our property.

We're experimenting with bird-bath/fountains this season. I'd seen videos of bird-fountain/baths and wanted to dive-into the concept. Still-water bird-baths can attract mosquitos to breed.. but the fountains prevent that.. because of the moving/oxygenated-water.

The Mighty Jackson 20210414

The above fountain-bath is solar-powered. I watched a vid on the subject..  ordered the fountain-parts and built mine. I am happy with the results. It runs on sunlight.. period. A large-enough basin will feed the fountain for "weeks" providing the return-bowl catches most of the fountain-splash.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:32 pm

Love your home-made fountain solar powered bath roddie.  I would think nothing less than you scratching out a clone. Is it something that birds use?  We always had bird baths in Florida.  We would watch the birds flap their wings and splash water all over themselves.

I have made a few of those sifters myself, using mesh just like yours.  Wish I could take you on a camera journey that I made yesterday.  Previous owner left a small planter box that he and later I grew tomatoes and corn in.  Timbers rotten, but the black soil was excellent.  Didn't get out the Jackson, but instead used the ATV and Craftsman cart.  Shoveled out the soil filling the cart and used it to fill low spots in the lawn and Ground Hog/Fox dens out in the field.  

All that's left.

The Mighty Jackson P1010950

My dirt pile doubles as a fire backstop.  Burned off a Lot of those limbs cut last year a couple of days ago during a rain storm.

The Mighty Jackson P1010952

Area to the left was the brush pile, thankfully now gone, some of my back along with it.  

The Mighty Jackson P1010953

The Mighty Jackson P1010951
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:48 pm

Hey Robert! I like a nice contained brush-fire. Wish I was there to help you! Hope your back-ache is gone. I eat ibuprofen like candy.. so I can relate.

The fountains are fun to make. It takes some messing-around with different tubing.. and drilling-out the assorted spray-nozzles to get the desired flow.. but they'll be fun to watch. I bought three kits.. and built a second fountain this evening. I'll fill the "bowl" with water tomorrow afternoon after work to test it.

The Mighty Jackson 20210415
The Mighty Jackson 20210416

Tomato stakes are used to suspend the solar-panels. The chip-dip containers hold the panels and the stakes are fastened with little zip-ties. The wire-harness from the pump has a weather-proof connector that screws-onto a short pigtail at the panel. The fountain-kit doesn't come with tubing.. so that must be sourced. I used some latex/surgical tubing leftover from when I made some sling-shots.. (remember when I posted about those?.. Shocked )
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:30 am

Got my plants about ready to go in the ground I've been growing them about 2 months now about killed myself yesterday tilled for about 3 hours and get your land ready cuz the time's rightThe Mighty Jackson 20210411
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:34 am

Got my plans about ready to go in the ground I've been growing them about 2 months now about killed myself yesterday killed for about 3 hours and get your land ready cuz the time's rightThe Mighty Jackson 20210411
The Mighty Jackson 20210414
The Mighty Jackson 20210415
[url=https://servimg.com/view/19535849/1154] Posted from my phone , i haven't got it together on putting the pics in . Didn't get a pic of the land tilled Huh...

Last edited by getback on Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : repair Post)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat May 01, 2021 12:16 am

The Mighty Jackson 20210417

"Chain-Drive" baby! That's what it's all about!! Very Happy
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat May 01, 2021 6:30 am

The Mighty Jackson 20210418
The Mighty Jackson 20210419 Had to fix the pics. Doh!

Planted roughly 30 tomato plants yesterday my helper learn to stay out of the way she's a good girl though she just wants to help Josh i flipped the pics. and still not right up ?? It's a lot harder to navigate on my iPhone than my PC lol! Got the 5x10' 12" tall box fit together with help from my late shower and ready for garden soil / potting soil / Pepper plants will bee in there Bells and Anaheim Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by getback on Sat May 01, 2021 6:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Wheeeee)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:21 pm

Last Fall I gave the old Jackson the "Slime" tire-sealant treatment.. which worked like a charm! My homemade sieve was again used to sift the soil for the annual plants that Lynne and I bought this past week.

The Mighty Jackson 20240610

The Mighty Jackson 20240611

Several years ago.. we bought ten 18" railing-planters made of welded wire.. that originally had cocoa-fiber liners. Their brackets are adjustable to fit wooden railings 2 X 4 to 2 X 6 width.

The Mighty Jackson 20240612

The liners lasted a few years.. but then started to break-down (rot).. so we lined them with "weed-block" landscaping fabric for a few years. The welded-wire frames however; have stood the test of time. They've always been out in the elements.. but show no signs of rusting.

The Mighty Jackson Weed-b10

They had to be done every year though.. which was labor-intensive and being of a black material; they got hot in the sunlight.. which caused the soil to dry-out sooner.

The Mighty Jackson Salvia10

Last year I decided to try making 5-pc. liners from a surplus of thin (3-4mm) plywood that I had brought home from work. I figured out the required angles to the planters' "trough shape".. I used my compound-miter saw to cut the 50 pieces needed.

We didn't use the planters last year.. so this is the first year trying them..

The Mighty Jackson 20240613

The Mighty Jackson 20240614

The Mighty Jackson 20240616

The Mighty Jackson 20240615
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:04 pm

This is more strange than funny, but for the last couple of days this thread and my "Jackson" has been on my mind.  A premonition maybe, but not unusual for me.  It motivated me to go out and check on it and snap some pictures.

Neglected, the Jackson doesn't get any use since I bought a tractor.  I sits on the front porch of the cabin unused.  It's so much easier to load the bucket of the tractor climb aboard and move stuff.  But it did serve a purpose.  It transported 77 (I'm a counter)  loads of fill dirt from the dirt pile (why I bought it) to where I placed the shed a distance of about 200 yards, it took me about a week.  My son probably moved an additional 10.

The Mighty Jackson P1017715
The Mighty Jackson P1017714
The Mighty Jackson P1017716
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:54 pm

And to add.

Shortly after I typed the above I watched the American Heros Channel (AHC), a story about a British Lancaster crew on their last mission (30) before they were eligible for leave and a six month rest.  The title of the episode is "Wing Walker".  

The mission was a dangerious one, deep into Germany.  They made it and dropped their bombs but on the way home they were jumped by a FW-190 which set their #3 engine on fire.  Conventional methods did not put it out so a crew member volunteered to climb out on the wing with a fire extinguisher and put it out while others in the crew fed out his parachute lines holding him.

While this was happening the FW-190 returned finishing the job.  The pilot losing control ordered the remaining crew to bail out while the wing walker slipped off the wing and was gone.  The pilot went down with the plane.

The remaining crew landed in a field in France were captured and taken to a hospital to treat their injuries.  While there they noticed a badly burned airman wrapped in bandages with casts on both legs.    

The crewmans name was Norman Jackson.   He had slipped off the wing with a burning parachute and landed hard breaking both legs then crawled into the village on elbows and knees.  

After the war ended he was awarded the Victoria Cross asking "What the he// for."  Story related through archives and his son.

The Mighty Jackson indeed!
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:52 pm

Definitely the Mighty Jackson.. The Mighty Airman Norman Jackson!!! Memorial Day
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down