Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Queen Bee 074... What is the size of the socket screws of the muffler ? Cox_ba12

Queen Bee 074... What is the size of the socket screws of the muffler ? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Today at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Today at 7:53 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 7:00 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Queen Bee 074... What is the size of the socket screws of the muffler ? Empty
Live on Patrol

Queen Bee 074... What is the size of the socket screws of the muffler ?

Go down

Queen Bee 074... What is the size of the socket screws of the muffler ? Empty Queen Bee 074... What is the size of the socket screws of the muffler ?

Post  Grosvince Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:56 pm

Hello,

I own a Medallion but I don't have the right hexagonal key to secure the muffler.

For you guys who are used to the imperial system, what is the right size ? (the smaller hex key I have is 1/16" and this is far to large !)

Thank you,
Vincent

Grosvince
Grosvince
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Queen Bee 074... What is the size of the socket screws of the muffler ? Empty Re: Queen Bee 074... What is the size of the socket screws of the muffler ?

Post  dckrsn Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:18 pm

Hello Vincent, I'm not sure about the muffler and screws you're
referring to. A photo would help much.
A bientot,
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Queen Bee 074... What is the size of the socket screws of the muffler ? Empty Re: Queen Bee 074... What is the size of the socket screws of the muffler ?

Post  Marleysky Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:03 am

The Allen Set I have starts at .035 (too small) , then 1/20 which fit the Screw snugly, but when I turned to loosen the screw the wrench just rounded out the hex. Probably due to old castor stuck screws! So, It didn't let the screw turn out. It was a lot easier to remove the GLow Head then remove the Cylinder and the muffler "Assembly" is removed from the crankcase. The two little screws just hold the tube to the exhaust collector. Why do you want to remove that tube?
my rough measurement of the .035 shows .036, and the 1/20 shows as .055. (for reference the 1/4" is .250) So, you will need a metric equivalent of .055 or a tad larger so it won't strip the screw head. Hope that helps a little.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:48 am

Grosvince wrote:Hello,

I own a Medallion but I don't have the right hexagonal key to secure the muffler.

For you guys who are used to the imperial system, what is the right size ? (the smaller hex key I have is 1/16" and this is far to large !)

Thank you,
Vincent

A few years ago, I bought an Allen key set from Facom. It has 7 tiny Allen keys in a plastic étui. The Facom part number is 82H.JU7. It's handy for Cox engines. These are the sizes:

Inch  0.28 + 0.35 + 0.50 + 3/62 + 1/16 + 5/64 + 3/32''

You can't buy it at the regular DIY as Leroy Merlin, Brico or Casto. I bought mine in a tool shop in Le Havre but you can buy it online.

https://fr.rs-online.com/web/p/cles-allen/2055197/

Queen Bee 074... What is the size of the socket screws of the muffler ? Facom-10

The picture is a bit misleading. There are only 7 Allen keys but it looks like that.
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Grosvince Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:36 am

OVERLORD wrote:
A few years ago, I bought an Allen key set from Facom. It has 7 tiny Allen keys in a plastic étui. The Facom part number is 82H.JU7. It's handy for Cox engines. These are the sizes:

Inch  0.28 + 0.35 + 0.50 + 3/62 + 1/16 + 5/64 + 3/32''

You can't buy it at the regular DIY as Leroy Merlin, Brico or Casto. I bought mine in a tool shop in Le Havre but you can buy it online.

https://fr.rs-online.com/web/p/cles-allen/2055197/

The picture is a bit misleading. There are only 7 Allen keys but it looks like that.

Thank you Overlord !
Grosvince
Grosvince
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Grosvince Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:40 am

Marleysky wrote:It was a lot easier to remove the GLow Head then remove the Cylinder and the muffler "Assembly" is removed from the crankcase. The two little screws just hold the tube to the exhaust collector. Why do you want to remove that tube?

I bought this engine second hand, with the muffler loose.

Vincent
Grosvince
Grosvince
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:51 am

Grosvince wrote:
Marleysky wrote:It was a lot easier to remove the GLow Head then remove the Cylinder and the muffler "Assembly" is removed from the crankcase. The two little screws just hold the tube to the exhaust collector. Why do you want to remove that tube?

I bought this engine second hand, with the muffler loose.

Vincent

You need to use the .050 size wrench.
It is the smallest one in my set that fits the two little screws on the exhaust collector.
See my "inch" (imperial) set of Allen wrenches.
Queen Bee 074... What is the size of the socket screws of the muffler ? Img_0072
Queen Bee 074... What is the size of the socket screws of the muffler ? Img_0073

One thing you need to do is to heat up the exhaust collector or you will strip the head out on the screw.
The aluminum will expand more that the steel screw and it will loosen up the gunk (castor oil) that probably has the screw stuck.

Good luck!  Thumbs Up
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Grosvince Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:25 am

Thank you all for helping !

The engine had never run but the precedent owner was somewhat curious. Maybe I'll try this engine soon, but without the muffler.

Vincent

Grosvince
Grosvince
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:53 am

The Queen bee run very Good without its pipe we must also remove the exhaust manifold .Place the fuel tank higher than usual with one. Tee dee .09 as the .074 bee carburateur is Not so Good for suction of fuel Smile Babe Bee
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down