Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox Electric F-8 Bearcat day - Not wonderful - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Cox Electric F-8 Bearcat day - Not wonderful - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox PT-19 Wing
by latole Today at 4:28 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 2:54 am

» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Simple Gliders
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox Electric F-8 Bearcat day - Not wonderful - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox Electric F-8 Bearcat day - Not wonderful

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cox Electric F-8 Bearcat day - Not wonderful - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox Electric F-8 Bearcat day - Not wonderful

Post  Marleysky Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:01 pm

Sounds and looks like it’s time for a “Tim from TOOLTIME Taylor” fix.  YA Need more POWER!!
What’s the voltage of the battery you’re using??  Hook a jumpercable to the 12 volt battery in that 4 wheel Quad. I am guessing the standard battery for that model is the 6 volt  lantern type? Keep giving her more power( volts) till the smoke jumps out!  lol! lol!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Cox Electric F-8 Bearcat day - Not wonderful - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox Electric F-8 Bearcat day - Not wonderful

Post  rsv1cox Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:15 pm

Marleysky wrote:Sounds and looks like it’s time for a “Tim from TOOLTIME Taylor” fix.  YA Need more POWER!!
What’s the voltage of the battery you’re using??  Hook a jumpercable to the 12 volt battery in that 4 wheel Quad. I am guessing the standard battery for that model is the 6 volt  lantern type? Keep giving her more power( volts) till the smoke jumps out!  lol! lol!

9.6 volts, 1400 MAH, I have been calling it 1200 so I saved a picture to keep my head straight, a work in progress.

Cox Electric F-8 Bearcat day - Not wonderful - Page 2 96_v10

My mind keeps going back to that Cox Corsair, at the time I thought it a dog, but compared to this electric....... a virtual speed demon.

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:02 am

Thumbs Up Germanbuddy And cheers cheers cheers cheers Mark It Fly's !!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:36 pm

Hey now!.. Laughing This is progress.. maybe the 1st forays into electric c/l flight for father and son! Hint; try an on-board LiPo battery.. with a simple on/off switch wired-in for the pitman to operate.. "CONTACT"!!! Substitute Dacron lines.. (25-30ft.) and see what happens. The motor in the airplane should be "up to snuff".. and your substitute-propeller should also be adequate.

I'm assuming that you (or Mark) has a LiPo compatible (balancing) charger. If not.. it's a worthwhile investment to purchase one. They generally will handle all of your hobby battery charging needs.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:01 am

rsv1cox wrote:
Marleysky wrote:Sounds and looks like it’s time for a “Tim from TOOLTIME Taylor” fix.  YA Need more POWER!!

9.6 volts, 1400 MAH, I have been calling it 1200 so I saved a picture to keep my head straight, a work in progress.  

Cox Electric F-8 Bearcat day - Not wonderful - Page 2 96_v10

My mind keeps going back to that Cox Corsair, at the time I thought it a dog, but compared to this electric....... a virtual speed demon.

More Power Igor!!!      MORE POWER IGOR !!!!

Cox Electric F-8 Bearcat day - Not wonderful - Page 2 Morepo10
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:20 am

roddie wrote:Hey now!.. Laughing This is progress.. maybe the 1st forays into electric c/l flight for father and son! Hint; try an on-board LiPo battery.. with a simple on/off switch wired-in for the pitman to operate.. "CONTACT"!!! Substitute Dacron lines.. (25-30ft.) and see what happens. The motor in the airplane should be "up to snuff".. and your substitute-propeller should also be adequate.

I'm assuming that you (or Mark) has a LiPo compatible (balancing) charger. If not.. it's a worthwhile investment to purchase one. They generally will handle all of your hobby battery charging needs.  

Now this is fun! Mark and I fly it usually here in the constricted area of my property. But occasionally take it off the road and fly over a local farmers pasture.

Cox Electric F-8 Bearcat day - Not wonderful - Page 2 P1010943
Cox Electric F-8 Bearcat day - Not wonderful - Page 2 P1010944

On-board lipo but light as a feather, doubt it would power the Bearcat. Neat charger that uses 4 AA cells, take it with you and recharge at the field.

Yes, got a couple of those chargers with my Airfield models.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:55 am

Those were the good old chargers. Now they come with a USB style charger that you plug into a USB outlet. But I agree that it is nice to throw the little charger right beside you anywhere and have it charge without any other power supply. And actually as a side thought. My Blade micro indoor helicopter has the charger built right into the transmitter at the bottom.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2