Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Cox_ba12

How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Simple Gliders
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:48 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Empty
Live on Patrol

How 'Bout a Tour??!!!

Go down

How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Empty How 'Bout a Tour??!!!

Post  DanMc Tue May 18, 2021 4:35 pm

I have been wanting to do this for a long time. i have always thought it a shame I had no way of displaying or sharing my stuff in my collection. I have always worked long , odd hours with not as much spare time as I wanted, so never figured out a way or a place to display things. I have never been much on the computer, and haven't gotten as slick as some of you guys are, but I'm trying to learn and technology is making some stuff easier. I have been learning to use the camera in my phone and it's easier and faster to transfer photos from there to my lap top or PC than it is from my digital cameras, so I'm working with that for this "Tour" that I wanted to do. My basement is kind of small and I have a LOT of RTF models hanging from the ceiling because I found out that is the best way to store and display them. It does make it difficult to get good pictures of them, though. So, I'm just going to do the best I can with what I got and know and maybe it will be good enough for you to enjoy. Otherwise, the other option is to just stop by the house!!. This will be an on going thing and I get stuff figured out and find stuff I have forgotten about. As I do this I will be listing stuff for sale also, just looking to thin the heard a bit and clear up some clutter so I can get to work of some projects and build some new C/L models and some free flight stuff also. Here we go!!

These are kind of blurry, but I thing gets the point across of what to do when you get so many models you gotta figure out how to store them. I have a suspended ceiling in my building room, so just experimented with making some hooks out of coat hanger wire and hanging models in rows from the ceiling grid. I don't know how heavy they all are but I don't hear any squeaking or creaking from the ceiling. I got Cox models of all kinds here. A big collection of PT-19's and some other models that I have plans to fly. Some cringe at the thought of that, but these are not museum pieces. Nice looking, but nothing that I wouldn't want t o risk. And that's what these were made for, FLYING!! I have posted the link to the YouTube video of me flying a Stuka and also of flying the older Super Cub like my late younger brother had as a kid. Great memories. It was great fun then, and still is great fun now. Beats the heck out of a video game!!

How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co12
How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co10
How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co11
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Empty Re: How 'Bout a Tour??!!!

Post  DanMc Tue May 18, 2021 4:53 pm

Some more of what is hanging in my building room. There are between 40 and 50hanging in here right now.

How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co15
How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtfcol11
How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co16

DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DanMc Tue May 18, 2021 4:56 pm

And a few more right now. Time for a short nap.!!

How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co17
How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co18
How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co19
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue May 18, 2021 5:07 pm

You are a true believer Dan, and you have some beauties there. Better hanging like that than kicking around the floor.

I would suffer a stiff neck after a visit.

Yes, better flying than looking, but looking isn't half-bad either.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Wed May 19, 2021 12:38 am

Wow Dan that is a real COX RTF collection...I would love to see and touch them as I have seen and touched only a Stuka and a Super Sport Trainer in my life.

I have far fewer and only RC planes I built in the past few years, and having realized they - at least those flown less frequently- collect dust if just sit on their bellies, I devised a plane hanger - not hangar - out of  a repurposed cloth rack using zip ties to make loops into which the props of the engines are hooked. The weight of the plane loads each prop blade equally so the blades do not get distorted at all in my experience. The engines are hooded under ziplock bags to prevent dust collecting near the exhaust and air intake areas.

Now they occupy far less footprint and are easier to access than before, when stored on top of a cupboard.How 'Bout a Tour??!!! 16214010
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed May 19, 2021 7:52 am

How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Deposi18
Nice collection and good way to store them too . I got to get some of my plastics out and find out what i need for some , so if the pieces come up for sale i will bee ready . Smile
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  DanMc Wed May 19, 2021 8:52 am

There will be more pictures coming today and tomorrow as I get time. The cloths rack is a great idea. Something similar could be made from PVC plumbing pipe or electrical conduit for not much money. In the pictures I have yet to put up here, look close and you will see that I first hung a string along the ceiling that is anchored in a few places, and then I use string around the model and tie it t the string already on the ceiling. Just need enough head room to walk through. A bigger house with bigger rooms would be handy!!
Thanks a lot!
Dan McEntee
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Wed May 19, 2021 12:18 pm

Dan my first idea was also to fix a rope under the ceiling and hang the planes from that, but the room span would have caused a deep hanging rope and it would have also needed some drilling works that I wanted to avoid. Very Happy So I finally settled with the cloth rack that has 4 wheels on its base frame, allowing the migration of the fleet if it blocks my movement in my narrow man's cave
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Fri May 21, 2021 1:01 am

I have ONE........How 'Bout a Tour??!!! 20200230
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DanMc Sun May 23, 2021 10:20 pm

Thought I would add a few more pics. These would be from the main family room in my basement outside my building room. Kind of hard to take pictures that come out well, but I think these will get the point across of how I display my models.
   I'm taking stock of my collection and have offered some parts in the classifieds already, and will be posting some models there soon.
  I hope you like the pics!
  Thanks a lot!
   Dan McEntee

How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co21
How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co20How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co23
How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co24
How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co25How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co28
How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co27
How 'Bout a Tour??!!! Rtf_co26
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon May 24, 2021 6:10 am

Now your talking Dan, hang the little critters.

I use clear fishing line and common pins stuck in the suspended ceiling tiles to hang my meager collection, that or stuff them in closets somewhere. Living on the edge, none have crashed yet. Better history than I have.

How 'Bout a Tour??!!! P1011012
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  DanMc Mon May 24, 2021 7:01 am

Yeah, just stacking them up wasn't working with risk of damage evident. I ran a string around the room and it's anchored in a few places with some droop in between. Then all I had to do was tie the string for each model to that string. I think I may be pretty much done with hanging models. Not much space left. I have been working on a few and have a few projects left. My next steps is to thin the heard some more and pass on any extras or parts planes. Then try and get my kits collection organized and under control and start building some of those!! I got a new roof being installed today and they arrived before 6am thins morning!! Quite a shock to my system after not using an alarm to get up since January!! I have a few more pics to post later today after the noise subsides and I have a nice long nap!!
Type at you later,
Dan McEntee
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue May 25, 2021 8:25 am

WOW Dan , you got some serious inventory there , Never a dull moment ! Very Happy Small Cox Logo Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue May 25, 2021 9:25 am

I was invited inside Dan’s house, what is shown is just the tip of the iceberg. The real pleasure of that visit was allowing me to ride his Husqvarna dirt bike.

How 'Bout a Tour??!!! B6e22c10
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue May 25, 2021 7:52 pm

Very  Cool  cool Dan Mc.. I loved the tour! Good to hear from you back here! Look me up if you're ever nearby to Northern RI. Smile
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down