Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Is it wrong? Cox_ba12

Is it wrong? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:44 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:37 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 6:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 5:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 5:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 11:23 pm

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 9:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 7:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 7:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 2:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Is it wrong? Empty
Live on Patrol

Is it wrong?

Go down

Is it wrong? Empty Is it wrong?

Post  NEW222 Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:51 pm

Ok. So I have finally decided to post this as it is actually starting to bother me now. So this past summer/year, 2021, I have not really done much in the way of running any engines, even my beloved Cox engines. I personally had very high hopes of doing even more this year than last, but it was not the case. Again, the darn Covid hampered me flying earlier this year, and well, since then when I was able to go out flying (due to the restrictions in place), the weather has not done me any favors either. I have only been out flying once overall for three flights. I have also flown a couple of times my new scratchbuild foamy at the lake, and there too, wind has not been in my favor.

I have also bought a smaller cheap drone online to fly indoor just to keep busy and kill time. Backstory to thsi is that I had a micro drone fly away on me while on holidays in July so the one aformentioned was to be its replacement. While waiting for it to show up, I did get impatient and did something unimaginable. Something I said I would never do, and I did it. I did pick up a new DJI Mini. I have had a lot of fun with it at the cottage as it will easily handle the wind there.

So with thsi said, has anyone else ever fallen into a slump like this before, or is it just me? I am still visiting here very frequently, but have also noticed other RC forums I am on too have been abnormally quiet as well.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Is it wrong? Empty Re: Is it wrong?

Post  rsv1cox Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:52 pm

Your not alone Chancey, or maybe you are.  

I find that it takes friends to enjoy this hobby and fly frequently.  Look at Kim for instance. Kim is part of a club and has lot's of friends.  Ken too, Ken has his son that shares his enthusiasm and is a club member.  There are others here also.  But many of us don't have friends in the hobby and we suffer accordingly.

Some of the best times I have had in this hobby and looked forward to flying was with friends.  If I had neighborhood buddys that loved C/L or R/c flying I would be out there dizzy's or not!!

I had a great friend once that happened to be black.  He was as care-free as i was buttoned down.  I was yin, he was yang yet we clicked.  We flew both C/L and R/C.  If one of us crashed, it wasn't sadness, it was laughter and there was a lot of laughter.  Once he flew his R/c into the control tower at AIMD breaking a window.  He sauntered over, explained what had happened retrieved his model and came back.  Nothing every came of it.  That was Aubrey.  

Gawd, I miss that guy.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:16 pm

Thanks Bob. As a physical standpoint, I am alone as I am not yet certified to fly on my own at the club so have to rely on my instructor, and pretty much the only person I fly with. The weather sure is not helping my cause! The other clubs here are a bit further of a drive than I care to do after work as they are in directly the opposite direction of where I am. My other buddy that I work with that flies has his 'field' 3 hours away at his weekend residence. I personally think that this is why I had taken to the drones a bit now. But my true love still is, and always will be these little Cox engines if even just looking at them and flipping the prop a few times.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:11 am

Your not alone is right , All i have done this year is Baby Sit my 22 yo cause he is an idiot !! Working on more Crap than i care to mention that has nothing to do with having FUN and Hobby's..
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:47 am

getback wrote:Your not alone is right , All i have done this year is Baby Sit my 22 yo cause he is an idiot !! Working on more Crap than i care to mention that has nothing to do with having FUN and Hobby's..  

It's time for you to crank up some of those old glow engines Eric and post videos of them like you used to.  

I should talk!!!!!!!  But, I have been bugging SIG to get their 4 and 5" airfoils made so I can get started on another scratched P-38 and they keep telling me - next month, next month.  They already have my $$$'s.   I can do the hollow log twin booms and cockpit module ok but I can't do the fussy work that built up wings require.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:46 am

rsv1cox wrote:
getback wrote:Your not alone is right , All i have done this year is Baby Sit my 22 yo cause he is an idiot !! Working on more Crap than i care to mention that has nothing to do with having FUN and Hobby's..  

It's time for you to crank up some of those old glow engines Eric and post videos of them like you used to.  

I should talk!!!!!!!  But, I have been bugging SIG to get their 4 and 5" airfoils made so I can get started on another scratched P-38 and they keep telling me - next month, next month.  They already have my $$$'s.   I can do the hollow log twin booms and cockpit module ok but I can't do the fussy work that built up wings require.

One of the "other" cool things about Castor Slingers is that they will wait patiently on the nose of their plane, or in a dark drawer 'till it's time for ACTION again!

For me, so much of this stuff is a mood thing, and I'll suddenly decide that THIS is the day for a given plane or engine, and they are usually willing and ready to rock.

Camaraderie IS a big deal, and I'm fortunate to have hooked up with the characters at Breezy Hill.  They remind me much of the modelers I first started flying with, though we tend to do a lot more visiting than flying compared to those days.  Speaking solely for myself, this is also true of the S.M.A.L.L. Fun-Fly's and Swap Meets (when those start happening again).  I hope things will improve with time as you get qualified to fly with your club.

I love my drones and quads and Baby Helicopters (though the 'copters don't always love me), and figure any good time flying is time well-spent.  I've even "Pylon Raced" my cheap little Syma 107 helicopters, using a floor lamp in my living room and a mop pole in the kitchen to mark the course.

I race the clock around these "pylons", and have had a lot of fun on cold or windy days, or when I just felt like racing them.

Drones have been given a bad name by idiots doing stupid things with them.  Mine have given me hours of pleasure and some fantastic video footage that I tend to watch over and over, so I don't waste time on anyone who insults them.  

Their only fault may be that they are just too easy to fly...Old School R/C's tended to quickly weed out the plug-and-play crowd by yard-darting in front of their owners.  This is proven by the baboons that buy them and then cause the rest of us to be bullied around by politicians and bureaucracies who see us as an easy way to justify their salaries.    

So I would say, "Fly the crap out of that drone, and enjoy it!"

Last edited by Kim on Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:54 pm

re Kim's post above.....AMEN
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:29 pm

Hey NEW! Just a note of encouragement Very Happy …. I think we all go thru slumps, I certainly have…. Diversity is good and we’re fortunate that our flying sport is a pretty big field for where we choose to land (or fly Very Happy )…..There’s a guy at our club that has a hi end drone and I want to see if we can get get some air to air vid sometime…. Sounds like a fun project…. So learn and do you whatever your favorite thing is with it and have fun!!…Your engines will be fresh when you go there….Took me nearly thirty years to get back to mine…. What was I thinking!!!! Huh...

Stay close to friends and flying compadres …, Thanks for posting in my threads here and in RCG…., Always welcome….

Robert
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:28 am

My Son recently got a drone that is amazing to me. It will hover in place even in a strong wind, find its own way home and take amazing video. Although his RC skills are lacking he has fun with it.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down