Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox Curtis Pusher Pilot Figure / Pitts Special Left fuselage Side and Main Struts Cox_ba12

Cox Curtis Pusher Pilot Figure / Pitts Special Left fuselage Side and Main Struts Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Today at 11:03 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by sosam117 Today at 10:41 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 10:20 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox Curtis Pusher Pilot Figure / Pitts Special Left fuselage Side and Main Struts Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox Curtis Pusher Pilot Figure / Pitts Special Left fuselage Side and Main Struts

Go down

Wanted Cox Curtis Pusher Pilot Figure / Pitts Special Left fuselage Side and Main Struts

Post  DanMc Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:39 pm

I got a couple of long shots to ask. What are the chances of some one having just the pilot figure from a Cox Curtis Pusher? I have plans to build a "replica" using that coreplast plastic corrugated material for the wings. The rest will be hobby shop plastic and bass wood. I think I have everything I need including a Curtis Pusher to measure off of. In order to balance correctly I'm sure it will need nose weight and what better way to do that than to have a pilot figure and what better way to do THAT is to have an actual pilot figure. I hate the thought of trying to find something else that is the same size and such, unless some one else has already done this and knows exactly what I need and where to get it. I am watching one on eVilBay right now that ends in a week, but due to my current financial situation, I can't be very aggressive in bidding. Let me know what you got and lets talk turkey! I remember as a little kid the wings and some parts of a Curtis being in our basement. I have the engine but it's mixed in with all my other Cox stuff, but I do have the original propeller. I have a couple of spare props I found on eVilBay. I think I can build a relatively nice looking replica and satisfy and urge I have had since I was kid to see one fly!!

Another scratch I need to itch is to have a Pitts Special to fly now and then. There is a seller on eBay that has parts from the gold anniversary issues of the Pitts, and as far as I can tell it is only missing the engine, left fuselage and the main cabane struts. It would need the outer struts but I think I can make those from sheet styrene. The main cabane struts may be doable also. I have engines. I could assemble a flyable example and have a little fun and not risk a collectable, not that I'm really above doing that anyway!

If either of the above is doable, drop me a line.

Thanks a lot!
Dan McEntee
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down