Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Retired!!!  Cox_ba12

Retired!!!  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Retired!!!  Empty
Live on Patrol

Retired!!!

Go down

Retired!!!  Empty Retired!!!

Post  rdw777 Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:24 am

Hello my CEF friends!!….Thirty-four years for two different colleges…For about ten of those I served as HVAC/Controls Tech …then Plant Director ….Before that I worked for private industry in HVAC and Electrical….Like many of you I’m a builder/tinkerer so looking forward for more time to do that… Pursue some music interest as well…And of course more quality time with family…

There were numerous times in my career that problems were solved using “model airplane technology” for real world problems ….They were good teachers and confidence builders early on… Still are  Very Happy

One of my retirement treats will be to go to a club field about an hour and a half away about once per month …I can do some small gas and electro flying close to home but will enjoy the club for things that need more room….. Ready to start on my list !!! Very Happy

Robert
rdw777
rdw777
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Retired!!!  Empty Re: Retired!!!

Post  getback Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:42 am

Cool Deal!! Welcome to the other side ! I sincerely hope you get to do what makes your clock tick and have FUN doing it sunny Beer Cheers Friends/Meeting Horsing Around Horsing Around Horsing Around
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:06 am

Helo and Welcom Thumbs Up Flying RC Plane This Site Rocks! I Love This Forum!
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:48 am

WELCOME ROBERT !!!!!!!!!!! RC Plane RC Plane RC Plane Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy This Site Rocks! This Site Rocks! This Site Rocks! RC Plane RC Plane RC Plane
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:09 am

CONGRATS ON THE RETIREMENT!!

WELCOME TO TH CEF!!
May we have many years of fun.."returning to our childhood hobby, with a bigger budget" as quoted by Kim!

Yeah, spent a few years in HVAC myself. Shoveling Coal conversions to oil Burners to Natural gas standing pilots to spark ignition systems. Gravity flow to Variable air volume/Variable air temp systems.  Kinda like the Wright Bros first flight to the Moon Landing!
Too much fun,I don't miss it at all!
This Site Rocks!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:53 am

Robert, you being an HVAC tech, then you must have had an interesting career in problem solving, including installing placebo thermostats. Very Happy

When I worked for the US Public Health Service on one of the Indian Reservations, after completing a new administrative building for a major clinic that was one of my projects, the facility manager and friend there had a whiny executive officer in charge who wasn't happy with the temperature in her office. The building had several zones, but not one for every office.

While she was away, he installed a new thermostat in her office, but was connected to nothing. A day or two after he installed, called her and asked how the temperature was. She said it was now OK.
Problem solved. lol!

Congrats and enjoy your retirement. Thumbs Up cheers Airplane Clapping
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:54 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome to the other side, I know I will enjoy it!

Yes, There were placebos 😊… My favorite one:….I had one building on campus that had five offices in a suite on one zone… T-stat in one office only… Was always getting calls there…Only the person with the stat was happy most of the time…. In those days the controls were still pneumatic…. I installed a new T-stat in the return air duct of the air handler in the equipment room and set it on 72…Left the old stat in place in the office with the supply line still hooked up but the branch went to nothing….Still made the nice little hiss of air escaping when you turned the dial…. Very convincing….Problem solved LOL!!!
rdw777
rdw777
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:14 pm

Welcome Robert to the land of the retired.

I have had just two heat pumps, one a Carrier in Florida, not so good, presently a Trane (actually two of them, big house) here in West Virginia controlled by a Honeywell thermostat. The Trane is wonderful, set the thermostat to 73 in winter and 80 in summer and forget it. After about 40 years on and off in Florida, I like it warm.

If you don't count washing dishes at the local restaurant and the poultry farm in my teen years, I have had just two jobs. Retired Navy, and retired Federal civil service. Both very enjoyable. To celebrate retiring I bought a new very black BMW 325is. Even better than the Trane.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:52 pm

Welcome to retirement, Robert.

I retired in 2016 after 41 years of teaching Computer Science and network management. I can say that I've fully embraced the retired lifestyle -- not having my time scheduled is what I enjoy the most.

I'm expecting to see more of your builds showing up here!!
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:10 pm

Thank you for your service Bob, and all our veterans on the forum!!…When I found out who they were at work I made a point to thank them personally….I took pride in being the keeper of the flags at my school and always made sure they stayed in good shape… Could have passed it on but I owned it….Always made sure US flags went to groups that would retire them properly when they were worn out…

Yes, Trane is good stuff, Tuff compressors…. I’ve seen them totally balled up in ice…. and other times so hot you couldn’t touch them….That when the problem was fixed they pumped just fine…

I had a friend that taught computer science and net working at school that was kind of artsy and a real smart guy…. Enjoyed comparing projects with him….You bet, will keep posting projects as they move along…. I very much appreciate your input and sharing your talents as well
rdw777
rdw777
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down