Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Cox_ba12





Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2022
1/2A Nut's

"Tee Dee .020 RC"



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Dick Russ Models
Win This Engine!
Forum Store
CEF Ear Savers
Gallery


I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Empty

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX

Go down

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Empty I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX

Post  Woody Sat May 14, 2022 5:29 am

Hi all.
Its a bit of a story.
Only three weeks ago I saw Kim's Q tee flying on you tube. I have since built one and posted about it. People liked my fuel tank!!!
Anyway he suggested I join the Cox Engine Forum so I did.
I now have three Cox 049s and an 09 on the way.
I have also had a spiritual need for trying out control line flying.( Thats your fault)
I have built and flown a few decades ago but I am being pulled back by a force!!!!!
I am currently building a KK Phantom to fly my new Cox 09 which is in the post.( Can do a build blogg if you want?)
But my real dream is the Keil Kraft Demon which I think is a beautiful model.
This may be because it was the very first model aeroplane I ever saw at the age of 10 in Singapore.
I have never forgotten it and its story so I just must build one and soon.
So hopefully this explains the Enya 15 CX which will fly my KK Demon.
I think it is such a " boy" plane ( model) if you know what I mean.
I do not like pure scale models.
I like models that look like toys but fly well.
Will you admit to that?
I love the Enya 15 because of the old way it was built.
I like turned and milled old style heads not the cast stuff.
Hard to explain but I am old and cannot get out if it.
It was my boyhood.
WAS???.... I still am!!.... And don't want to change it!
Woody
Woody
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 81
Join date : 2022-04-20

Back to top Go down

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Empty Re: I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX

Post  getback Sat May 14, 2022 8:01 am

Cool should make for a good engine for your project ! Yes why not do a log on the build !? Very Happy Is the engine broke in ?
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2020 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 8757
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 64
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Empty Re: I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX

Post  rdw777 Sat May 14, 2022 12:33 pm

Your Q-Tee turned out very nice!! Absolutely, If you build something please record it here…. Thanks for sharing!!
rdw777
rdw777
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 248
Join date : 2021-03-11
Location : West Texas

Back to top Go down

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Empty Re: I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX

Post  Surfer_kris Sun May 15, 2022 1:26 am

Woody wrote:
I love the Enya 15 because of the old way it was built.
I like turned and milled old style heads not the cast stuff.
Hard to explain but I am old and cannot get out if it.
It was my boyhood.
WAS???.... I still am!!.... And don't want to change it!

But I'm pretty sure the Enya .15CX has a cast head, it is only the perimeter that is turned...?
It is also ABC and double ballbearing, you cannot get more modern than that Wink

The .15CX is a bored version of their .11 engine, so it is not quite as powerful as other .15 engines. Mine has always been a bit tight in the bearings, the front one is a regular bearing and I have not been able to source a proper, looser fit, one.

Run's and throttles fine, just don't expect a power house. Smile
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1843
Join date : 2010-11-20
Location : Sweden

Back to top Go down

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Empty Re: I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX

Post  Woody Sun May 15, 2022 3:12 am

Surfer_kris wrote:
Woody wrote:
I love the Enya 15 because of the old way it was built.
I like turned and milled old style heads not the cast stuff.
Hard to explain but I am old and cannot get out if it.
It was my boyhood.
WAS???.... I still am!!.... And don't want to change it!

But I'm pretty sure the Enya .15CX has a cast head, it is only the perimeter that is turned...?
It is also ABC and double ballbearing, you cannot get more modern than that Wink

The .15CX is a bored version of their .11 engine, so it is not quite as powerful as other .15 engines. Mine has always been a bit tight in the bearings, the front one is a regular bearing and I have not been able to source a proper, looser fit, one.

Run's and throttles fine, just don't expect a power house. Smile

Thanks for pointing that out to me.
There was me thinking I had a new old time engine.
Anyway it does not matter.
Lets just say I like the look of it with its cylindrical and polished head.
So for a 15 powerhouse what would you go for?
Woody
Woody
Woody
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 81
Join date : 2022-04-20

Back to top Go down

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Empty Re: I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX

Post  getback Sun May 15, 2022 6:19 am

The SS15BB S has good stats. maybe someone else can chime in on that https://www.enya-engine.com/ListCL_E.html
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2020 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 8757
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 64
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Empty Re: I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX

Post  Surfer_kris Sun May 15, 2022 10:53 am

getback wrote:The SS15BB S has good stats. maybe someone else can chime in on that https://www.enya-engine.com/ListCL_E.html  

I have one of the RC ones tucked away in its box, I don't think that I ever ran it, something else came up I guess.

When the .15CX engine first came out I jumped on it, as the .11CX series engines (both AAC and ABC versions) are all good runners. But the .15CX is only similar in power to a .10 engine, in my experience. I also had a problem with the stock muffler, it would distort the crankcase so instead I've run mine on an OS .15 muffler (which might be more restrictive compared to the Enya one).

The strongest .15 "sports engine" that I have is the Cox conquest, it beats anything else by a clear margin. Smile
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1843
Join date : 2010-11-20
Location : Sweden

Back to top Go down

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Empty Re: I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX

Post  sosam117 Sun May 15, 2022 5:17 pm

Surfer_kris wrote:
getback wrote:The SS15BB S has good stats. maybe someone else can chime in on that https://www.enya-engine.com/ListCL_E.html  

I have one of the RC ones tucked away in its box, I don't think that I ever ran it, something else came up I guess.

When the .15CX engine first came out I jumped on it, as the .11CX series engines (both AAC and ABC versions) are all good runners. But the .15CX is only similar in power to a .10 engine, in my experience. I also had a problem with the stock muffler, it would distort the crankcase so instead I've run mine on an OS .15 muffler (which might be more restrictive compared to the Enya one).

The strongest .15 "sports engine" that I have is the Cox conquest, it beats anything else by a clear margin. Smile

I have "TWO" each of the MVVS .15 (2.5) glow and diesel. Both with side exhaust.
Now those are superb engines!

Take a look on ebay for the example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/154097085506

These are Schnuerle ported engines and they are real screamers!
Not cheap either.
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 724
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Empty Re: I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX

Post  GallopingGhostler Sun May 15, 2022 5:52 pm

I have nothing of hot .15's to boast of. Only Enya .15-III TV and standard, Fox .15X, Magnum .15 R/C, OS Max .15FP-S, OS Max .15R/C, HB .12 - all sport engines. But, they are all reliable runners.

Woody wrote:Hi all. Its a bit of a story. Only three weeks ago I saw Kim's Q tee flying on you tube. I have since built one and posted about it. People liked my fuel tank!!! Anyway he suggested I join the Cox Engine Forum so I did. I now have three Cox 049s and an 09 on the way. I have also had a spiritual need for trying out control line flying. (Thats your fault) I have built and flown a few decades ago but  I am being pulled back by a force!!!!!

Humour Follows.

Hijacked Addiction sets in, one Cox engine is not enough! Very Happy
I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX 2021-014
We've all been there done that! Laughing

Welcome to the CEF Borg Collective, Woody.

You should know, your life as it has been, is over. Razz From this time forward, you will service us. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Rudolph Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. cheers



CEF BORG GEORGE: I was assimilated into the CEF Collective Borg in 2013, Babe Bee .049 now service 76 engines total, 57 half-A & A (22 Cox: Small Cox Logo 19 reedies, 2 Medallions, 1 Tee Dee) Laughing
Back To Topic

Woody wrote:I am currently building a KK Phantom to fly my new Cox 09 which is in the post. (Can do a build blog if you want?)  But my real dream is the Keil Kraft Demon which I think is a beautiful model. This may be because it was the very first model aeroplane I ever saw at the age of 10 in Singapore. I have never forgotten it and its story so I just must build one and soon. So hopefully this explains the Enya 15 CX which will fly my KK Demon.
Go for it! Both planes!
CEF: Models and Modeling
Popcorn Thumbs Up

Woody wrote:I think it is such a " boy" plane ( model) if you know what I mean. I do not like pure scale models. I like models that look like toys but fly well. Will you admit to that?

Woody, we all here are not normal. Crazy Eyes We are all unique, in our own way. I Love This Forum!
I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Aerost10
From my kit box: 1960's Frank Zaic's 48" RC Aero Star image.
I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Aerost11
My kit box label
Does this look toy-like enough?  lol!
Relax, I think you will find yourself in very comfortable territory. Stereo
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2896
Join date : 2013-07-13
Location : Clovis, NM

Back to top Go down

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Empty Re: I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX

Post  Woody Tue May 17, 2022 4:15 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:I have nothing of hot .15's to boast of. Only Enya .15-III TV and standard, Fox .15X, Magnum .15 R/C, OS Max .15FP-S, OS Max .15R/C, HB .12 - all sport engines. But, they are all reliable runners.

Woody wrote:Hi all. Its a bit of a story. Only three weeks ago I saw Kim's Q tee flying on you tube. I have since built one and posted about it. People liked my fuel tank!!! Anyway he suggested I join the Cox Engine Forum so I did. I now have three Cox 049s and an 09 on the way. I have also had a spiritual need for trying out control line flying. (Thats your fault) I have built and flown a few decades ago but  I am being pulled back by a force!!!!!

Humour Follows.

Hijacked Addiction sets in, one Cox engine is not enough! Very Happy
I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX 2021-014
We've all been there done that! Laughing

Welcome to the CEF Borg Collective, Woody.

You should know, your life as it has been, is over. Razz From this time forward, you will service us. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Rudolph Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. cheers



CEF BORG GEORGE: I was assimilated into the CEF Collective Borg in 2013, Babe Bee .049 now service 76 engines total, 57 half-A & A (22 Cox: Small Cox Logo 19 reedies, 2 Medallions, 1 Tee Dee) Laughing
Back To Topic

Woody wrote:I am currently building a KK Phantom to fly my new Cox 09 which is in the post. (Can do a build blog if you want?)  But my real dream is the Keil Kraft Demon which I think is a beautiful model. This may be because it was the very first model aeroplane I ever saw at the age of 10 in Singapore. I have never forgotten it and its story so I just must build one and soon. So hopefully this explains the Enya 15 CX which will fly my KK Demon.
Go for it! Both planes!
CEF: Models and Modeling
Popcorn Thumbs Up

Woody wrote:I think it is such a " boy" plane ( model) if you know what I mean. I do not like pure scale models. I like models that look like toys but fly well. Will you admit to that?

Woody, we all here are not normal. Crazy Eyes We are all unique, in our own way. I Love This Forum!
I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Aerost10
From my kit box: 1960's Frank Zaic's 48" RC Aero Star image.
I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Aerost11
My kit box label
Does this look toy-like enough?  lol!
Relax, I think you will find yourself in very comfortable territory. Stereo

Ha ha ha!...would be funny if their space ship suddenly dissappered powered by a Cox 049!!
guess I have been borged then.
Woody
Woody
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 81
Join date : 2022-04-20

Back to top Go down

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Empty Re: I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed May 18, 2022 3:19 pm

Woody wrote:Ha ha ha!...would be funny if their space ship suddenly disappeared powered by a Cox 049!!
guess I have been borged then.

I don't think you'll have to worry about that. Now that you're building, they have the leader. Very Happy

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX 2021-015

Plus, now that you are building, I guess you are living your dream job! Very Happy

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX 2018-098

And, mufflers? Who needs them?  Very Happy

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX 2020-040
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2896
Join date : 2013-07-13
Location : Clovis, NM

Back to top Go down

I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX Empty Re: I have just bought a new Enya 15 CX

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum