Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Ukraine Tee Dee .020 returns back home to the USA Cox_ba12

Ukraine Tee Dee .020 returns back home to the USA Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Simple Gliders
by getback Today at 7:13 am

» Cox PT-19 Wing
by getback Today at 6:24 am

» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by getback Today at 6:23 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Ukraine Tee Dee .020 returns back home to the USA Empty
Live on Patrol

Ukraine Tee Dee .020 returns back home to the USA

Go down

Ukraine Tee Dee .020 returns back home to the USA Empty Ukraine Tee Dee .020 returns back home to the USA

Post  dragnse7en Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:09 pm

Hello there everyone

I'm a new member here who's been active in almost everything RC since 1982, and with my left-handed way of thinking, I thought I'd jump into rc nitro glow engines.  It felt like it was the right time to jump into the world of glow engines, being older, more experienced, and having a lot more loot to blow on my hobbies vs back in '82 when I was a novice kid with a meager part-time grocery store job, trying to do the same thing now.

I've been a fan of Cox engines from the start, mostly as a result of the company's massive success worldwide a full generation before me.  With the technological advancement of electronics for rc; smaller servos, no more freq crystals or radio impounds, etc, the appeal for getting into this scene became more attractive to me.  I have a lot of basic knowledge for these motors but have never put it into practice or have run into problems that I would immediately know how to resolve.

Anyways, for those who are fans of the Tee Dee .020 engine and are active on eBay may have seen one of these motors listed on that site for sale for some time in Ukraine.  Of course, we all know the current affairs going on in that region of the world, which frankly sucks for everyone.  I served in the US Army for 7 years active duty and am a Persian Gulf War veteran, so I can relate to war.  As matters grew worse over there in Ukraine, I felt compelled to help out any way I could, so I pulled the trigger and bought the engine on September 30.  

I understood that there's a war going on there, so shipping/ mailing goods in & out of hostile territory has its unique challenges.  Every time I'd see the news about Russia doing something evil in Ukraine, I would mumble to myself "Don't you bomb my motor you cabbage head fish egg eating midget Putin!"

Over two full weeks of utter silence happened with the tracking number for shipping, which was last reported as being packed up in a shipping container bound for the US. Then, out of nowhere, I got 3 text updates in a row on its progress - it was moving thru the system with light speed!  The notifications came to me on 19 Oct, and it arrived at my doorstep the following Saturday.  Yes!  I was surprised because I wasn't expecting the motor until late November, or not at all.

The listing didn't do the Tee Dee any justice. Although the snap starter spring is a bit bent (it happens) and a sun-faded mounting backplate, this lil' cranker is in fantastic shape.  I'll be sure to make every effort to see that this particular motor runs again, and will power some kind of popular single engine private plane from that country.

I wanted to share this with everyone who has served in the US armed forces and enjoys this hobby because only they know why I bought it; not the impression that I'm "rescuing" it to get some kind of strange fame or media coverage for doing it.

I uploaded a quick video on youtube as a special message to Mr. Vasilik, who sold it to me.

dragnse7en
dragnse7en
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Ukraine Tee Dee .020 returns back home to the USA Empty Re: Ukraine Tee Dee .020 returns back home to the USA

Post  Admin Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:04 am

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service Hand Shake .

That is a great story, I see those engine listings from Ukraine from time to time.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Ukraine Tee Dee .020 returns back home to the USA Empty Re: Ukraine Tee Dee .020 returns back home to the USA

Post  balogh Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:28 am

A great story..as things go in Ukraine it was in fact a rescue that helped this engine survive the unpredictable. My country neighboring Ukraine, and inside the EU, is not in war, but it takes at least double the time it took your TeeDee,  to get something shipped between the US and here.

Ukraine has been known as a country active and even successful in competition airplane modeling, so finding a TeeDee there is not even that surprising.

What surprised me is an ebayer from Kazakhstan, wedged much deeper in the former Soviet Union than Ukraine, who sells premium COX and other engine stuff on ebay from that country...I wonder how that stock got and accumulated there?

The seller carries high marks in his sales history.

https://www.ebay.com/str/oxenea003?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=wCU4VdC2SMC&sssrc=3418065&ssuid=rP7YBAVdSR2&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:40 pm

get a little fuel, and get that puppy on a test-stand.

ALSO! super extra points for "cabbage-head"

Smile
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  dragnse7en Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:12 pm

cstatman wrote:get a little fuel, and get that puppy on a test-stand.

ALSO!   super extra points for "cabbage-head"

Smile

Thanks Smile I thought someone would get a laugh.

I can post a video of a test run on this beauty for you all some time this week. I have some special items to add to the engine first . . . . Smile
Stay tuned for more!
dragnse7en
dragnse7en
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:42 am

Interesting story on the engine and receiving it , hope you have some Fun with it . Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down