Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Cox_ba12

Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 5:44 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Empty
Live on Patrol

Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Empty Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster

Post  chevyiron420 Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:12 pm

I am building two of these models without a plan. I need a measurement from the leading edge of the wing, back to the hinge line of the elevator. also need the width or cord of the wing. Also is the wing incidence 0 degrees.
Tanks Phil
chevyiron420
chevyiron420
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Empty Re: Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:44 pm

Hope this helps

Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster 1_free10
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Empty Re: Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:35 pm

Rod's plans are kinda light. Maybe this will help.

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5652

Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Baby_r45
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:53 pm

Or, perhaps a drawing made from the original Sterling kit. I built two Beginner's Ringmasters from them.  Just as an aside, I modified the construction by using 1/8" square spruce for a leading edge to help with crash protection.  otherwise, I built to the drawing.

Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Beginner-Ringmaster-1
Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Beginner-Ringmaster2

The Totally Square Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:28 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Rod's plans are kinda light.  Maybe this will help.

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5652

Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Baby_r45
The difference being that I posted plans for the Beginner's Ringmaster (as requested) with a slab wing and yours is the Baby Ringmaster with built up wing.
The plan I attached is Pat King's version and he gave me his permission to copy and share around his plan.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:15 pm

Phil,

I neglected the answer on incidence.  As you can see from the traced fuselage from the Sterling kit, there is incidence in the stab.  But it flies just as well with zero incidence.  The Pat Kind drawing doesn't have any incidence.  If you never plan on flying these inverted or trying outside loops, the incidence is fine.  But it's really up to you.

The Positive mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:14 am

getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  chevyiron420 Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:39 am

Folks im sorry I wasnt very clear on this. I have the Pat King PDF file on this plane. The problem is, it doesnt have many measurements on it, and I havent been able to get it printed out yet. Im going to make one more try to get it printed today.
chevyiron420
chevyiron420
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:18 am

chevyiron420 wrote:Folks im sorry I wasnt very clear on this. I have the Pat King PDF file on this plane. The problem is, it doesnt have many measurements on it, and I havent been able to get it printed out yet. Im going to make one more try to get it printed today.

It is easy to measure wing root, you need a drawing software. A demo is enough for this. Example: Wingspan is 1000 pixels and wing root is 400 pixels. Wingspan is 30 ins, so what is the size of wing root. A simple ratio calculate.

If you want I can measure it.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:13 am

Here are the measurements:

Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Baby_r10
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:03 am

Nice Levent, I’m going to remember you have this trick tool Very Happy

Robert
rdw777
rdw777
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  chevyiron420 Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:22 pm

I made it to office max today. Talked to a very nice young man and he printed out two copys of my plan with no problems. Im going to try to remember how to post some progress pics later.
chevyiron420
chevyiron420
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chevyiron420 Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:36 pm

Here is where im at so far.Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Ringma11
Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Ringma10
Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Ringma11
Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Ringma10
chevyiron420
chevyiron420
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:41 pm

IMO it is kinda stupid to print a plan and not have a scale drawn on it. This print I have only gives the wingspan so you can scale from that.
Or maybe Im missing some thing? I used to read construction blueprints and they all had a scale.

Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Minirn10
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:23 pm

Hi,

looks lile someone had done it allready up above. You can use the 'measuring tool' in Adobe to put measurements onto the plan. The thing with that is it can sometimes be out a bit as the pixels per mm and screen resolution, and the tool used to create the drawing can mess things up a bit. Happens with OZ plans as well. Often people creating the plan are not engineers or even if they are engineers they are doing their best to be helpful by spending time creating the plans. Though it does seem odd to go to so much work and not put dimensions on the plans.

I am creating a plan for one of my planes as it is too windy to fly and its a lot more work than I had expected, and in my very very dim dark past I was invlolved in writing the core engine for the Eagle 3D cad system. Fun times IBM Power PC 750 GL RISC assembler. Oh the pain, the pain. (" Dr Zachary Smith") . lol!

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:41 pm

Dr Smith!! Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long while. The evil stowaway, didn't like him even when I was little.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:49 pm

rdw777 wrote:Nice Levent, I’m going to remember you have this trick tool Very Happy

Robert

Goodaye Robert, its in Adobe Reader. Well this is how I do it using Adobe Reader. From Adobe Reader -> Tools -> Measure The the measuring tool appears in menu above drawing. Select measuring Tool and then you can select Snap Types and Measurment types. To get the best from it, sometimes you need to go into the menu options Edit->preferences->Units->Page Units and set the units the page was drawn in or what you want to measure in. Also via the menu Edit->preferences->Page Display set the resolution for the units. Even when this is correct, when you print the plan it can be out by quite a bit. Thank you Print Drivers! Lol. Also sometimes when you zoom to 100% which should be the correct size and measure it with a ruler in your hand against the screen, the screen display is wrong, and you need to reduce the Zoom setting till it is correct. Can take some mucking around some times to get it right and sometimes its absolutely spot on. I have had plans from OZ that are spot on and others needed lots of twaeking to get right. I think it depends on the tools used to produce the PDF. Some tools do not export to PDF very well, and others require an intermediary tool to get to a PDF. If the plans are produced using the Purchased Adobe tools then they should be accurate.

Hope this helps and doesnt confuse. Adobe Reader is a "Free Download", but then it wedges itself in and consistantly downloads updates for itself and wants them installed. Its a constant battle to disable the auto update of Adobe reader, especially in Windows 11.

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:56 pm

crankbndr wrote:Dr Smith!! Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long while. The evil stowaway, didn't like him even when I was little.

lol! I loved that show! I used to run all the way home from school to watch Lost in Space, and an Australian one Aunty Jack https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aunty_Jack_Show for which I credit my developing a sense of humour for the bizare and rediculous. You wouldnt be allowed to create a show like Aunty Jack these days, it is just Too Wrong on so many levels, but the wrongness was NOT intended to be literal it was very clear satire. Just like you could never make a movie like "Blazing Saddles" today. A movie that was clear satire.

Ooops. Offf track. Sorry!

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:03 pm

Goodaye Yabby, Thanks for the tip!!! I’m pretty much computer-less now, Doing everything on my phone… I will update sooner or later though… Thank you again Very Happy

Robert
rdw777
rdw777
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:50 pm

A nice start to two great and upcoming planes there. If you need any other measurements from a Sterling Beginner Ringmaster, feel free to ask as I have mine here in the house.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  chevyiron420 Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:18 am

Now that i know where my wing goes.Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Ringma13
Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Ringma12
chevyiron420
chevyiron420
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chevyiron420 Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:58 am

Well folks, i think its ready for paint.Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Ringma14
Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Ringma15
Help needed with beginner baby ringmaster Ringma16
chevyiron420
chevyiron420
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  HalfaDave Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:35 am

Hi Chevy phil,

That will fly great.
Do not forget outer wing tip weight.
With that tank,
I am guessing a 10+minute run...
With respect,
Dave
HalfaDave
HalfaDave
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chevyiron420 Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:09 pm

HalfaDave wrote:Hi Chevy phil,

That will fly great.
Do not forget outer wing tip weight.
With that tank,
I am guessing a 10+minute run...
With respect,
Dave
Thanks Dave the tank just looks big. Its a half oz.
chevyiron420
chevyiron420
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:16 pm

Phil,

Those look great! I especially like that you're using the Wen-Mac engine. Wen-Macs are my second-favorite 1/2A engines. With that tank I'm guessing 5-6 minutes.

The Traitor Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next