Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

My Flying Spot Cox_ba12

My Flying Spot Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 2:54 am

» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Simple Gliders
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

My Flying Spot Empty
Live on Patrol

My Flying Spot

Go down

My Flying Spot Empty My Flying Spot

Post  Yabby Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:26 am

The pictures below are the Oval I fly at. Its at Port Broughton South Australia ( I live away from the small town) on the coast but also its located pretty much on the edge of the start of the desert. Its in the transition spot going from normal arid to very arid and not far away is red dirt. This oval ( Ozzy Rules and Cricket ) and the golf course are the only green things for as far as the eye can see from here. The country towns spend a LOT of money on sporting facilities. I fly on this oval when its not being used for sport and its not being cut and watered. The grass is way too thick and lush for an 049 to use wheels for takeof and landing hence my launch table and drop off wheel. The half A scorpion is/will be subject of another thread. It is an awesome little Jigger. cheers cheers Thumbs Up

My Flying Spot Oval110

Background are tennis courts, netball courts, basketball courts, clubrooms for all of the sports inc Ozzy rules and cricket.

My Flying Spot Oval310

Behind the trees in the background is a golf course that has 3 18 hole courses in play year round, is green as green, but does have scrapes instead of greens. You never ever have to wait to T off, payment is $10 for the day via an honour tin and you play as many rounds as you want in the day. Some groups play nine holes in the morning, go to the pub for lunch then come back and play the next 9 holes lol!  or you can just go home for lunch as its in the town centre. Or of course do the traditional thing and just play straight 18 holes in one go.

My Flying Spot Oval410

The darker green strip left side just above centre is the cricket pitch. Its not a turf pitch. Its concrete covered with artifical grass that suits cricket. The expense of a turf cricket pitch is way too much for the town as you need six of them to rotate between them as a match wears and damages a pitch badly.

So thats a tour of the sporting facilities for the quaint little town of port broughton and where I generally fly my planes. I can also fly them on an oval at a town about 230/30 km away Mundoorah, but for about six months of the year the oval is soo hard bituman would be softer to fly over and its covered in calf height dead weeds that catch your lines and drive me mental.  

I live 5km out of Port Broughton in a very small beach shack community, and when I say shack I mean true shacks. Sheds that have been lined and put up by people themselves. These are not 2 story holiday houses where I am. Laughing Lots of water, sewerage, electricity, fire, building compliance problems here thats for sure, but I love it. Very few people, no shops, no services, no busses or taxis. Maybe 50 of us here permanent year round.

GaryB
'Yabby'
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

My Flying Spot Empty Re: My Flying Spot

Post  Kim Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:26 am

Wow! What a beautiful place to fly!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:43 am

yes it is! I am quite fortunate with it. Smile Thats why I make an effort to keep the noise reasonable and I dont fly all day there and not to early in the morning or too late on calm evenings. I just go there have 4 or 5 flights and thats it. That way no one gets driven crazy by the TD noise and I get to fly without hassle in a beautiful spot. It would be great for RC! I have to build an 049 RC plane and give it a go. One day! like lots of things. sunny

GaryB
'Yabby'
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  HalfaDave Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:09 am

Hi Yabby,
Jealous here, -5C and nice snow, just west of Toronto, Canada.
Wind is going down, will take out a small elec floatlpane to the schoolyard Sunday 5th.
I have never had a complaint.
Actually, people like it !
I think our 'paranoia' of loud Cox noises is way over rated. People like seeing a Cox engine run. No kidding.
I have done Db readings around here.
A Cox.049 run for 3minutes, is nothing.
If you do it all day, that will be a problem...
Your results,
May vary,
Dave
HalfaDave
HalfaDave
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:32 am

All landscapes have their own beauty Thumbs Up The photos dont show the birds falling out of the sky on the days when its 48 C in the shade!

I agree Dave with the noise paranoia! Its a Phsycho Acoustic thing I recon due to the high frequency not the actual DB.
I have had quite a few people come over and they were really interested in the whole engine using liquid fuel thing. Laughing

Hey a floatplane sounds pretty neat! I assume RC?

GaryB
'Yabby'
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:17 am

Man thats Nice , you may want to stay off the ground though Nitro and grass don' mix to well lol! Sounds like a nice quite life to me ! People get on my nerves when around to many at a time Laughing Beers May help LOL Thanks for showing us ur fling place very fortunate you are . sunny
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:31 am

Thanks Eric. Yes, I am fortunate. I am very careful about how I handle the fuel. My overflow line is long and goes into a catch canister whilst fueling and I carry a rag that I wipe everything down with. The only way it would get on the grass is from exhaust and Ive been flying there for 3 years and no probs so far. I dont fly on the part that is specially mowed and prepared for cricket though. There is no need, so I keep off of it. The oval is very large and also has a windsock on the scoreboard which is quite handy Thumbs Up Yes, I struggle with all the traffic and people when I have to go into the actual real city of Adelaide. Beer Cheers cheers sunny

GaryB
'Yabby'
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:12 am

Wow, acres of level ground. You just don't find that here in West Virginia USA.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:43 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Wow, acres of level ground.  You just don't find that here in West Virginia USA.

In general from here heading up north into the outback just gets flatter and flatter till every horizon is flat desert and eventually even from and aircraft the horizons are flat going north through the centre. There are outcrops of ranges and hills but its not hard to find a sport where you can stand and look in any direction and its dead flat all the way to the horizon.

GaryB
'Yabby'
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:45 pm

Beautiful looking flying site if I do say so!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:14 pm

Thanks Chancey Thumbs Up It is a beutiful spot to fly, slight down is being soo close to the ocean it can be very windy and gusty but then flying in still calm air is boring anyway . sunny cheers
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down