Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Cox_ba12




Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Pixel

Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Diesel conversion
by balogh Today at 12:34 pm

» ebay Beechcraft Staggerwing project arrives today
by rsv1cox Today at 12:23 pm

» Unusual Wen Mac model - "Rare" yada yada
by rsv1cox Today at 12:05 pm

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by GallopingGhostler Today at 9:22 am

» Cox planes CG
by Kim Today at 8:30 am

» À cool mini v twin Harley-Davidson Knucklehead
by getback Today at 5:59 am

» So, slightly bent, broken and abused French Spad is coming home
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:07 pm

» [solved]What is this thing?
by Boats13 Yesterday at 9:01 am

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 12:41 am

» Good friend lost everything in his shop ----Fire
by Admin Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:39 pm

» Another evilBay Enya .06II Throttle Valve
by Boats13 Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:41 pm

» "Crashed model airplanes"
by rsv1cox Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:07 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
February-2024
1/2A Nut's

"RC Speed Boat Power Drive TD .020"

More info on this engine!




PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery


Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Empty
Live on Patrol


Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II engine

Go down

Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Empty Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II engine

Post  sosam117 Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:29 pm

I was able to purchase these "three" Enya engines from a hobby shop in Japan. (Almost a month ago)
Found it by Google searching for NIB Enya .09-IV.

Anyway, I'm glad I have Google translator and it translated the webpage pretty well.
The web page had photos of the three Enya .09-IV engines

One was a photo and description of the Enya .09-IV BB with SNV (Safe Needle Valve)

The next was also a photo and description of the Enya .09-IV BB with SNV (Safe Needle Valve)
But it looked different than the other Enya .09-IV BB with SNV --- the front housing is different?

The last was also a photo and description of the Enya .09-IV Quicky (with twin BB) and SNV (Safe Needle Valve)

Below are the three engines that are New in the Box.
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 001_en31


So, this is what is on the outside of the box on the one with the "red" prop driver which is an Enya .09-IV BB with SNV
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 002_en27
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Enya_204


Next is to be the same engine as above -- Enya .09-IV BB with SNV
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 003_en18
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Enya_205


And the last is the Enya .09-IV Quicky with SNV and it has ABC piston/cylinder assembly.
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 004_en18
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Enya_206


As you might have noticed, the 2nd engine has the same front housing as the Quicky engine, which that housing has two ball races and not just the one as the "Red" Enya .09-IV.
See the photo below:
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Engine13


I contacted Ken Enya and sent him photos of what I have observed and asked him was the one engine placed into the wrong box when it left the factory?
Ken told me that some of the earlier "Quicky" engines that were released have the "steel" lapped piston and sleeve.
The later models had the ABC piston and sleeves.

Ken also told me that the performance is much different from the steel compared to the ABC.
So, I ordered a ABC piston/sleeve from Ken which arrived today (Feb.17,2023)

Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Enya_207


Ken said that it will also fit the Enya .09-III engine as well --- with no problems.

So, It looks like I have a "limited" Enya .09 Quicky
Or a "special" Enya .09-IV BB engine without the "red" prop driver?


Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 002_en29
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 002_en28


Last edited by sosam117 on Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:20 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added the side of Enya boxes -- "Special" .09-IV BB with Quicky front housing and "Quicky" box & Enya 15D-II in title)
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1204
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Empty Re: Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II engine

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:08 pm

I've flown the earlier mid 1960's Enya .09-III TV, without ball races, and for a .09, it is as Peter Chinn alluded to in his engine reviews, the most powerful .09 available short of the Tee Dee. But, because its power peaks out at a lower RPM, can turn larger props with ease. I like it because it is slightly more powerful than its competitor of the time, the OS Max .10R/C.

Love the OS Max .10R/C with moving exhaust restrictor plate, a good powerful lightweight upgrade (3 oz.) for a .049 reedy powered plane. The Enya weighs an ounce more, but where a little more weight can be afforded, it is a real stump puller.

Sounds like you have quite a collection now, sosam117 with engines typifying production changes over time. Thanks for sharing, was unaware there could be differences. Seems like it may be worth picking up the ABC cylinder-piston set, as I could upgrade one of my Enya III's.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Posts : 5118
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Empty Re: Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II engine

Post  sosam117 Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:59 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:I've flown the earlier mid 1960's Enya .09-III TV, without ball races, and for a .09, it is as Peter Chinn alluded to in his engine reviews, the most powerful .09 available short of the Tee Dee. But, because its power peaks out at a lower RPM, can turn larger props with ease. I like it because it is slightly more powerful than its competitor of the time, the OS Max .10R/C.

Love the OS Max .10R/C with moving exhaust restrictor plate, a good powerful lightweight upgrade (3 oz.) for a .049 reedy powered plane. The Enya weighs an ounce more, but where a little more weight can be afforded, it is a real stump puller.

Sounds like you have quite a collection now, sosam117 with engines typifying production changes over time. Thanks for sharing, was unaware there could be differences. Seems like it may be worth picking up the ABC cylinder-piston set, as I could upgrade one of my Enya III's.

With the ABC cylinder-piston set, you'll get 2,000 more RPM (2,500 --16,000 RPM) and 0.02 HP more over the steel cylinder-piston set. (steel set rpm numbers ----- 2,500 -- 14,000 RPM)

Lighter/faster!

And if/when you want to order the Piston Cylinder Assembly, the Enya part number is: 093B04
Ken Enya did tell me that the ABC Piston Cylinder Assembly will fit the "old" Enya .09-III engines. (up-grade!)
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1204
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Empty Re: Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II engine

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:36 am

sosam117 wrote:With the ABC cylinder-piston set, you'll get 2,000 more RPM (2,500 --16,000 RPM) and 0.02 HP more over the steel cylinder-piston set. (steel set rpm numbers ----- 2,500 -- 14,000 RPM) Lighter/faster! And if/when you want to order the Piston Cylinder Assembly, the Enya part number is: 093B04 Ken Enya did tell me that the ABC Piston Cylinder Assembly will fit the "old" Enya .09-III engines. (up-grade!)
Thanks for the tip and part number.

Come to think of it, I have two odd Fuji .099S-II ABC engines. Never put them to use, but Fuji continued to market it when they replaced all other of their cross scavenged engines with the new Schneurle line up. (Bought them on clearance from Hobby Shack, Lakewood, CA store back in the 1980's for only $10.00 each on clearance.) They seem to be a copy of the Enya .09-IV TV internally.

They are a bit low on compression ratio though, listed at 5.5.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Posts : 5118
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Empty Re: Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II engine

Post  rsv1cox Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:49 am

By shopping on line in Japan you have scored some really nice and different Enya engines.  Seems the home market provides much more information on the box than does the exports.

I like th SNV Safety Needle Valve designation. I think I only have three in that configuration, a Quicky in the box and a .09 and .15. I share your passion for these.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Posts : 10318
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Empty Re: Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II engine

Post  sosam117 Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:13 pm

rsv1cox wrote:By shopping on line in Japan you have scored some really nice and different Enya engines.  Seems the home market provides much more information on the box than does the exports.

I like th SNV Safety Needle Valve designation. I think I only have three in that configuration, a Quicky in the box and a .09 and .15.  I share your passion for these.  

Payment for this hobby shop accepted is either by PayPal or bank transfer.
Using a Bank transfer saves you 10% on the items ordered/purchased --- but there is a good size Bank transfer fee and exchange rate fees, so it is a wash on getting the 10% discount.

Currently the Japanese hobby shop has these Enya engines available new in the box:
2 x NIB Enya 36-4CD Aluminum-Chrome TN Diesel engine for ¥38,500 (complete) discontinued
3 x NIB Enya SS30 BB EX for ¥16,400 (without muffler) discontinued
3 x NIB Enya 11CX TN (without muffler) discontinued
1 x NIB Enya 36-4C Al-Chro TN Glow for ¥27,280 --discontinued

That is all of the "New" engines that he has left in stock.
Though he does sell "used engines" --- many of them. Some ok / some not ok. -- I've gotten some not ok (junk)
He includes some photos of the engines and a short description (sometimes it doesn't translates too well as to condition.)

Just purchased from him one old Enya .15D-II (NIB) never run or mounted with original Enya OEM spinner.
And the 2nd is a 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II that Enya only did a limited run of 60 units (engines)
Both engines were sold from an Enya collector in Japan.
Photos are from the Hobby Shop owner in Japan. (for me to look at and buy the engines -- which I have.)

The original old Enya 15D-II from 1960 with Throttle Valve shut off--- some of the photos
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 001_en32
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 005_en16
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 006_en15



The 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II --- Number 38 of the 60 units reproduced.
Made in April of 2014
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 008_en17
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 012_en11
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 013_en10
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1204
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Empty Re: Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II engine

Post  Tony08 Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:39 am

sosam117 wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:By shopping on line in Japan you have scored some really nice and different Enya engines.  Seems the home market provides much more information on the box than does the exports.

I like th SNV Safety Needle Valve designation. I think I only have three in that configuration, a Quicky in the box and a .09 and .15.  I share your passion for these.  

Payment for this hobby shop accepted is either by PayPal or bank transfer.
Using a Bank transfer saves you 10% on the items ordered/purchased --- but there is a good size Bank transfer fee and exchange rate fees, so it is a wash on getting the 10% discount.

Currently the Japanese hobby shop has these Enya engines available new in the box:
2 x NIB Enya 36-4CD Aluminum-Chrome TN Diesel engine for ¥38,500 (complete) discontinued
3 x NIB Enya SS30 BB EX for ¥16,400 (without muffler) discontinued
3 x NIB Enya 11CX TN (without muffler) discontinued
1 x NIB Enya 36-4C Al-Chro TN Glow for ¥27,280 --discontinued

That is all of the "New" engines that he has left in stock.
Though he does sell "used engines" --- many of them. Some ok / some not ok. -- I've gotten some not ok (junk)
He includes some photos of the engines and a short description (sometimes it doesn't translates too well as to condition.)

Just purchased from him one old Enya .15D-II (NIB) never run or mounted with original Enya OEM spinner.
And the 2nd is a 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II that Enya only did a limited run of 60 units (engines)
Both engines were sold from an Enya collector in Japan.
Photos are from the Hobby Shop owner in Japan. (for me to look at and buy the engines -- which I have.)

The original old Enya 15D-II from 1960 with Throttle Valve shut off--- some of the photos
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 001_en32
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 005_en16
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 006_en15



The 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II --- Number 38 of the 60 units reproduced.
Made in April of 2014
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 008_en17
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 012_en11
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 013_en10

Could you please provide the link to the Japanese Hobby shop which still has these engines available. Thanks.
Tony08
Tony08
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Posts : 5
Join date : 2022-10-04

Back to top Go down

Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Empty Re: Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II engine

Post  Ken Cook Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:33 am

I love my Enya MK II. I've never owned a single diesel that is as reliable as this one. Once you know it's habits, it becomes the most user friendly diesel I believe ever produced. They take a long time to break in but it's certainly worth the wait. No diesel that I've owned responds in terms of starting like this one. It's built like a battleship but it really performs. Mine is control line but I would venture to say in r/c form it would probably run like a sewing machine. Mine currently is on a British design .15 combat plane . In the outside maneuvers, I get a bit of a burp but it readily keeps plugging along. I would guess this is due to the bypass loading but it has never quit. This could also be a result of my tank design as well.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 5381
Join date : 2012-03-27
Location : pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Empty Re: Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II engine

Post  Tony08 Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:20 am

Tony08 wrote:
sosam117 wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:By shopping on line in Japan you have scored some really nice and different Enya engines.  Seems the home market provides much more information on the box than does the exports.

I like th SNV Safety Needle Valve designation. I think I only have three in that configuration, a Quicky in the box and a .09 and .15.  I share your passion for these.  

Payment for this hobby shop accepted is either by PayPal or bank transfer.
Using a Bank transfer saves you 10% on the items ordered/purchased --- but there is a good size Bank transfer fee and exchange rate fees, so it is a wash on getting the 10% discount.

Currently the Japanese hobby shop has these Enya engines available new in the box:
2 x NIB Enya 36-4CD Aluminum-Chrome TN Diesel engine for ¥38,500 (complete) discontinued
3 x NIB Enya SS30 BB EX for ¥16,400 (without muffler) discontinued
3 x NIB Enya 11CX TN (without muffler) discontinued
1 x NIB Enya 36-4C Al-Chro TN Glow for ¥27,280 --discontinued

That is all of the "New" engines that he has left in stock.
Though he does sell "used engines" --- many of them. Some ok / some not ok. -- I've gotten some not ok (junk)
He includes some photos of the engines and a short description (sometimes it doesn't translates too well as to condition.)

Just purchased from him one old Enya .15D-II (NIB) never run or mounted with original Enya OEM spinner.
And the 2nd is a 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II that Enya only did a limited run of 60 units (engines)
Both engines were sold from an Enya collector in Japan.
Photos are from the Hobby Shop owner in Japan. (for me to look at and buy the engines -- which I have.)

The original old Enya 15D-II from 1960 with Throttle Valve shut off--- some of the photos
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 001_en32
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 005_en16
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 006_en15



The 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II --- Number 38 of the 60 units reproduced.
Made in April of 2014
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 008_en17
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 012_en11
Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine 013_en10

Could you please provide the link to the Japanese Hobby shop which still has these engines available. Thanks.



Thanks for the link. Regards.
Tony08
Tony08
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Posts : 5
Join date : 2022-10-04

Back to top Go down

Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Empty Re: Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II engine

Post  sosam117 Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:19 am

Ken Cook wrote:              I love my Enya MK II. I've never owned a single diesel that is as reliable as this one. Once you know it's habits, it becomes the most user friendly diesel I believe ever produced. They take a long time to break in but it's certainly worth the wait. No diesel that I've owned responds in terms of starting like this one. It's built like a battleship but it really performs. Mine is control line but I would venture to say in r/c form it would probably run like a sewing machine. Mine currently is on a British design .15 combat plane . In the outside maneuvers, I get a bit of a burp but it readily keeps plugging along. I would guess this is due to the bypass loading but it has never quit. This could also be a result of my tank design as well.

My 1st Enya diesel was the little Enya .06-II with throttle control.
Purchased it from Carlson Engine Imports in the mid 1980's.
Good and easy running little diesel.

Later I was able to purchase "two" Enya SS-15D diesel engines.
Now those are sweet engines to run.
After getting them adjusted and broken-in, I can usually get them started/running after two flips of the prop (sometimes only one flip as well .too)
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1204
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Empty Re: Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II engine

Post  sosam117 Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:05 pm

Tony08 wrote:Could you please provide the link to the Japanese Hobby shop which still has these engines available. Thanks.


Tony,
What Enya engines are you looking for?
The only ones left now are the:


2 x NIB Enya 36-4CD Aluminum-Chrome TN Diesel engine for ¥38,500 (complete) no longer available by Enya
3 x NIB Enya SS30 BB EX for ¥16,400 (without muffler) no longer available by Enya

I hope those are the engines that you want?

sosam117
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1204
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary  Enya .15D-II engine Empty Re: Three Enya .09-IV engines -- Same but Different? Also -- "Old" & 60th Anniversary Enya .15D-II engine

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum